Bearcats basketball 2020-2021

Sig Hansen

Another patented UC scoring drought lost this game. Outscored 19-7 last seven minutes of the game. Sucks

eastside_purple

They were more competitive than I thought they’d be. Without looking at stats, the 3 pt shooting had to be less than 25% and the defense was pretty soft.

ronnie mund

All those years of UC fans making fun of X for this game being their super bowl and claiming to not take it as seriously have shown. X has owned this rivalry for 20+ years. Doesn't matter who the coaches or players are, X has UC's number.

On the bright side UC has signed exactly 0 recruits for 2021, only team in the AAC besides Wichita who just fired their coach weeks before the season.

Last edited:

Chop Stix

Not the end of the world that UC lost especially given all the abnormalities surrounding the game this year, but UC needs to win at least 2 of their next 3 games (Furman, @Tenn, @Georgia) if they're going to have any legitimate OOC wins to supplement their tournament resume this season.

ronnie mund

Rap is terrible. Only thing he gives this team is a warm body. Frontcourt is in rough shape with Diarra opting out of the season, Vogt being a Horizon-level player, and Eason being so young.

Davenport looks great. Most improved player from last season easy.

Last edited:

SC10EHS15

All those years of UC fans making fun of X for this game being their super bowl and claiming to not take it as seriously have shown. X has owned this rivalry for 20+ years. Doesn't matter who the coaches or players are, X has UC's number.

On the bright side UC has signed exactly 0 recruits for 2021, only team in the AAC besides Wichita who just fired their coach weeks before the season.
UC did have a solid amount of 2020 signees, though, so that might be a reason for that.

Two big problems I noticed last night were the Bearcats are slow and the big guys are physically weak. The guards do not have the quickness needed to play at the big time level. The bigs got shoved all over the place by USF. Ivanauskus and Vogt are also very unathletic.

ronnie mund

If Eason can handle it he needs to be playing 30 minutes/game. Cut Rap and Vogt's minutes significantly and play more small ball. Have to play zone while Vogt is in otherwise he will continue to get eaten alive.

The one positive I see at the moment is that most of the young guys look good and haven't been much of a liability. The seniors, however...

What worries me most is that with nobody signed for 2021 we have one guy, Lahkin, to replace Vogt and Rap next year leaving UC extremely thin down low with just Eason, Lahkin, and maybe Dou if he comes back. I hope Brannen plans on hitting the transfer market hard.

Last edited:

Termite2

I remember when UC games were on TV, maybe it is a good thing I can't watch them.
Tied with UCF at the half.

Sig Hansen

I remember when UC games were on TV, maybe it is a good thing I can't watch them.
Tied with UCF at the half.
Not to mention they're playing games at 4pm on a weekday. What a joke

Anyway, I only see 3-5 more wins on the schedule. Did not think they would be this bad.

PeterDragon

Agree. Should've hired Pat Kelsey. Brennan looks lost. On the bright side, the local kid Davenport is having a breakout season. Loved watching him at Moeller and thought Wright St. Was getting a steal when he originally committed there. Glad he went to prep school and ended up with us.