Bearcats basketball 2019-2020

first time i've ever seen a flagrant 2 ejection for biting. unreal.
Are you saying it was too harsh of a penalty? Or just that the biting was unreal? I know you’re a bigtime XU homer, but surely you know biting another player is an ejection worthy offense.

Are you saying it was too harsh of a penalty? Or just that the biting was unreal? I know you’re a bigtime XU homer, but surely you know biting another player is an ejection worthy offense.

should have explained better. totally worth the ejection and glad Coach is suspending him one game as well. i'm saying that's the first time i've ever seen/heard of this happening. was watching game live and kept wondering "why are they reviewing this so long?" then finally they said it, showed the replay closer and i was like "wtf". unreal because, like i said, i just couldn't believe it.

Cumberland has gone from sleep walking through his senior year to establishing himself as a UC legend and draft pick in just a few weeks. Fun to watch

Also fun to dominate the two other top teams in conference
22-12 all-time vs Wichita State, won last 5
33-5 all time vs Houston, won last 3 including '19 AAC Championship game

Cumberland has gone from sleep walking through his senior year to establishing himself as a UC legend and draft pick in just a few weeks. Fun to watch

Also fun to dominate the two other top teams in conference
22-12 all-time vs Wichita State, won last 5
33-5 all time vs Houston, won last 3 including '19 AAC Championship game
Yeah, very happy Cumberland and Brannen found some common ground to end the year strong.

I was yelling and screaming at the TV when they were launching up 3s with 20+ seconds left on the shot clock in the last 2 minutes. They tried their hardest to let Wichita win that one, but Jarron saves the day. Get that tough road W and get the hell out of there. A healthy Jarron is as good as anyone in the country, and the last month or so have shown that.

Agreed with everyone else's comments. Cumberland has finally found his footing in this new offensive system and it's been very fun to watch. It's been a hell of a season so far, I'm very impressed with the turnaround.

Moving Cumberland to PG was a Coach of the Year move by Brannen. Great compromise between Jarron wanting the ball in his hands and control of the offense with how Brannen wanted to run his system.

Last edited:
Moving Cumberland to PG was a Coach of the Year move by Brannen. I think it compromised Jarron wanting the ball in his hands and control of the offense with how Brannen wanted to run his system.
It also reduced McNeal's minutes significantly. McNeal is just not a good shooter and he was shooting way too much early in the season.

Foul happened after the buzzer

All three of those end game plays were a throwback to Mick. Piss poor execution. Luckily they get Memphis, Wichita and Houston again, but they probably need to win all three of those and not have any more stupid losses like today.

Cumberland is frustrating when he’s good he’s POY good but he is inconsistent. He choked again at the end of that one.

Cumberland is frustrating when he’s good he’s POY good but he is inconsistent. He choked again at the end of that one.
Cumberland had ten assists yesterday, he played pretty well but couldn't score. Brannen should've drawn up a play for someone else (Scott, Williams, Vogt) to have the final shot

Cumberland had ten assists yesterday, he played pretty well but couldn't score. Brannen should've drawn up a play for someone else (Scott, Williams, Vogt) to have the final shot
I agree about someone else taking the shot. A lot of coaches do this, they try to rely too much on one person even if it's opbvious that person is not on his game on a particular night.

1-11 from the field and 6 turnovers...love the 10 assists, but would definitely stop short of saying he played pretty well. Had the opportunity to win it, twice, and choked hard. Didn't even get a shot off. He looked Sunday like he did in December. Frustrating to watch and a little confusing.

That game took about 3 years off my life. UC looked rough for the first 30-35 minutes but this team has so much fight in them. Tre Scott last 2 games: 50 points on 18-30 shooting, 32 rebounds. Free throw shooting was pathetic once again, still not sure how a team can be so bad at it. Great win. Now I'm ready for a letdown at ECU on Sunday.

Tre Scott was absolutely incredible as was the crowd. Loudest I’ve heard it there in awhile. Davenport has some really nice hustle plays, he made the most of his minutes. The stats don’t back it but it really seems like Vogt has been a non factor the last few games. Really hope Jarron breaks out of this funk too.

AAC refs are garbage. So many bad calls.