Bearcats basketball 2019-2020

Sig Hansen

Went to the exhibition last night vs Thomas More. Outside of a few undisciplined turnovers on offense and late game fouls on defense, UC looked fine. Wish they could've had a better tune up game than an NAIA team before facing OSU, but whatever. Seems like they're still going to be a defense first team at least for this season anyway. Season starts Wednesday, super excited.

John Brannen did a good job in the offseason. Cant wait to see the season get started
Well, it got started. Boy do they have a long way to go. Watching the 'Cats against OSU, I could have sworn that Mick was still the coach. The only word to describe the offense was UGLY!
I get it that the everyone is still learning Coach Brannen's offense, but I would have thought that there would have been at least some semblance of the system that we've heard so much about.
On the bright side, this is what November and December are for. I do think the Cats will be a gradual work in progress this season; and by March will be playing at a nice level.

Ball movement was much better; more like Brannen's style. It'll be a work in progress. Nice hustle, though, all over the court.

Ohio State demolishing Villanova makes me feel better about that game.

Offense has been looking good, albeit against average to below-average teams. 51%+ shooting the last 2 games. Vogt has been surprising the hell out of me, especially on the offensive end.

I'm happy with how the offense looks even if it is against average to below average teams. I was even encouraged with the OSU game. They weren't making shots but they were running an offense and had open looks. Agreed on Vogt though. I thought he was purely a "UC needs bigs and he played with Brannen maybe he'll play 10 garbage minutes" type transfer. He's been a pleasant surprise. Sorolla has been better than I expected too.

I'm happy with how the offense looks even if it is against average to below average teams. I was even encouraged with the OSU game. They weren't making shots but they were running an offense and had open looks. Agreed on Vogt though. I thought he was purely a "UC needs bigs and he played with Brannen maybe he'll play 10 garbage minutes" type transfer. He's been a pleasant surprise. Sorolla has been better than I expected too.
OSU game was hot garbage offensively, but that may have been a product of OSU’s defensive intensity. Looking forward to seeing this team continue to progress offensively.

Bad loss but I'm not going to harp on it. There was bound to be growing pains with a new coach and different style of play.

There's a large percentage of UC fans who are utter morons. Some already saying they can't see Brannen making it longer than 3 years here, after 5 games lol

According to Brannen there's some turmoil going on inside the locker room. Hoping he can get this under control. No reason this team should be losing to Bowling Green even with all the new pieces.

Colgate just beat UC because Jarron Cumberland had one of the all time dumbest moments I've ever seen. Half JR Smith and half Javale McGee ?

Don't know what his deal it's this year but I have no idea why he's mailing it in when he still has a decent shot to play in the NBA.

Can't believe that just happened lol

This is not a tournament team. Whatever the problem is, there's no progress being made. Very real possibility this team is 6-6 going into conference play.

Can't believe that just happened lol

This is not a tournament team. Whatever the problem is, there's no progress being made. Very real possibility this team is 6-6 going into conference play.
That's been evident since Illinois State game and they haven't played a good game since then. Idk if there's still locker room trouble or if it's Brannen trying to stick to Cronin's style of play. Either way I think a lot of people had some moderately high expectations for this team but it's obvious that Brannen is going to need some time.

I was still in wait-and-see mode during that tournament so I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. But we're through 1/3 of the season and they look no better. Maybe it will take more time than expected. Shame because this team has a ton of talent.

I’ve stopped watching. Brennen is clueless and it feels like Cumberland quit.

I think he is playing hurt; why Brannen did not use his TO is mystifying to me, it only took a split second to see Cumberland didn't realize how much time was left.[not to mention it should have been called after the basket]

Hell of a game! Not sure why it took this long to get MAW in as the starter but it's about damn time. Love seeing McNeil in only get 12 minutes vs. MAW 31. Stellar game by MAW. 0 turnovers, got to the line and hit all 4. Tre stepped up big. Wish Sorrloa would have hit that second free throw, would have been cool to have 7 guys score double digits against a top 25 team.

Hate to go negative after a big win but God Cumberland is a mess. 1-5 from 3. 6 turnovers, 5 fouls and only got to the line once. At what point do you sit him for an extended period?

UC follows up a nice win over UCONN with a really bad loss to Tulane today. Would be great if someone on the coaching staff told Jaevin to quit jacking up threes all the time.

Watching Cumberland’s pro career being flushed down the toilet is difficult to watch.
Was he ever a serious NBA prospect? I have never been impressed. Seems slow and not overly athletic and his shot is awful. Seems like he’s good on the NBA attitude so there’s that.