Bearcats basketball 2017-2018

Nevada will be an tough match up if they beat Texas. They can score a ton of points. Knew UC wouldn't luck out and play in Pittsburgh or Detroit, but Nashville isn't so bad

No Complaining about this draw for UC fans. They need to get to the Sweet 16 or this season is a bust and Mick will have his hands full with detractors. With this draw a trip to the Elite 8 should happen.

I do think bearcats make the elite 8, but its never a gimme and they'd have to put together multiple good wins in a row. we've seen plenty of great teams not even make the sweet16.

Ended the game on a 22-6 run. Survive and advance. Big game from Cumberland. Evans did hit two 3s down the stretch. He can't be healthy, that's the only explanation for his sudden collapse.

I've read he did something to his hands at the beginning of the AAC tourney. He better hope that's the reason otherwise he is going to be back at UC next year.

I've read he did something to his hands at the beginning of the AAC tourney. He better hope that's the reason otherwise he is going to be back at UC next year.

Evans? Is he honestly considering going to the NBA? The team will be his next season, everything will run through him. Unless someone told him he could sneak into the end of the 1st Round, not sure why he would consider declaring. At the most, he should toss his name in to get an evaluation but not hire an agent so he can come back to school when/if he doesn't get the answer he wants.

I subscribed to the BearcatJournal over on 247 last summer because they ran a special to sign up for like $25 for the year and they have some well connected guys to the program. Apparently a lot of teams think he can be a successful three and d player at the NBA level. Along with his ability to defend and shoot, he has above average handles and he's only 21 so he's old as far as the NBA draft is concerned but not too old. Word around the team is they don't expect Evans to be back next year which is why they are chasing after a 2nd wing player despite signing Hardnett (spelling?) out of Maryland a few weeks ago.

While I love what Evans has done for the team over the last three years, I just don't see it. He just doesn't take over games offensively like you would expect a junior who has the potential to be a 1st round draft pick. Guys like Justin Jackson from UNC and DJ Wilson from Michigan in last year's draft.

Evans? Is he honestly considering going to the NBA? The team will be his next season, everything will run through him. Unless someone told him he could sneak into the end of the 1st Round, not sure why he would consider declaring. At the most, he should toss his name in to get an evaluation but not hire an agent so he can come back to school when/if he doesn't get the answer he wants.

Yeah, I know a guy who has an in with Cronin, they don’t expect him back. I was surprised as well.

I subscribed to the BearcatJournal over on 247 last summer because they ran a special to sign up for like $25 for the year and they have some well connected guys to the program. Apparently a lot of teams think he can be a successful three and d player at the NBA level. Along with his ability to defend and shoot, he has above average handles and he's only 21 so he's old as far as the NBA draft is concerned but not too old. Word around the team is they don't expect Evans to be back next year which is why they are chasing after a 2nd wing player despite signing Hardnett (spelling?) out of Maryland a few weeks ago.

While I love what Evans has done for the team over the last three years, I just don't see it. He just doesn't take over games offensively like you would expect a junior who has the potential to be a 1st round draft pick. Guys like Justin Jackson from UNC and DJ Wilson from Michigan in last year's draft.

Evans made a small jump from his Freshman year to his Sophomore, but the jump hasn't been as drastic as some of the other guys like you mentioned. Jackson's jump last season was incredible, he was good for UNC in 2016 but obviously not the focal point with Paige, Berry, Johnson etc. Evans should stay to improve his offensive game, but he can definitely be a 3 and D guy at the next level. I just didn't realize they weren't expecting him back.

Cronin is a moron. He gets a pass for being a Cincinnati native, but leaving Cumberland in violates common sense to such a high degree, it’s fireable.

He is a terrible NCAA tournament coach because he is isnt very good in game and he is a terrible offensive coach.