BBCOR Bats

lasalle9802

Anybody have any recommendations as to what are the better BBCOR bats are? Looking for the durability compared to cost. I know some of these new bats only have a couple 100 hits in them before they are dead.

Rawlings 5150.....most of the players on my kid's college team swing this bat (they have a Rawlings deal). Would advise to stick to all metal bats, not composite. That way you don't have to worry about temperature, breakage, and break-in. 5150 is $250 at justbats.com, but if you dig a little, you can sometimes find brand new previous years models on ebay and save a ton.

Thanks.

Now I know which bats to stay away from.

I kid, I kid!

Hey, did I see some blueprints going around for a new facility or am I making that up?

The blueprints have been around for a couple years. They just announced and put a sign up that the ground breaking will take place this spring. The softball field is already there. Adding a building with a concessions stand and restrooms. Putting in a baseball field, batting cages, practice pitching mounds, and a workout area. Should be pretty nice. We feel the baseball field now is one of the worst in the league and we should be better than that.

The blueprints have been around for a couple years. They just announced and put a sign up that the ground breaking will take place this spring. The softball field is already there. Adding a building with a concessions stand and restrooms. Putting in a baseball field, batting cages, practice pitching mounds, and a workout area. Should be pretty nice. We feel the baseball field now is one of the worst in the league and we should be better than that.
Are you guys putting in a pole barn indoor type facility? I saw a bunch of those in Georgia. None of them were really big. Room for a couple of batting cages and pitching mounds used by softball and baseball?

No, this is outdoors. We are building a new baseball.softball facility for games. Our existing baseball facility is pretty bad and needs upgraded badly.

We do have an indoor facility that is pretty nice. It is actually build onto the school. A couple batting cages, a couple pitchers mounds and many weight stations.

No, this is outdoors. We are building a new baseball.softball facility for games. Our existing baseball facility is pretty bad and needs upgraded badly.

We do have an indoor facility that is pretty nice. It is actually build onto the school. A couple batting cages, a couple pitchers mounds and many weight stations.
If anyone was interested and nosy, here are the plans @fortfan and @thavoice are talking about. Very impressive!

I did see these plans a number of years ago, forget who showed them to me, and I recommended one thing to make the sightlines amazing but was told they didnt have the room to do so,

The dugouts should be recessed back from the main fence line by 45 degrees on an angle. This gives the area behind the plate, and down the lines, much better vantage point to see the game.

Thought I was told that this was supposed to happen awhile ago, but they had a levy on the ballot and even though it is private donations they were afraid of the optics of looking for a levy and this complex.

A lot of great peeps over there in the Fort and I hope nothing but the best for them.