Battle of Pickerington - OCC

Pickerington Central used a fake punt in the 4th tied 14-14 against Groveport! They weren’t that impressive
PC has not been "impressive" in any game this year - not even in the 42-0 whipping of Olentangy Liberty. They just aren't made that way this season. The combination of conservative play calling and lack of offensive play makers = ugly wins (or tight losses). I fully expect ugly wins over Lancaster and Reynoldsburg, and two more in the playoffs before the Tigers get put out of their misery... probably losing something like 12-11 as they miss a 32 yard FG in the final seconds.

PC has not been "impressive" in any game this year - not even in the 42-0 whipping of Olentangy Liberty. They just aren't made that way this season. The combination of conservative play calling and lack of offensive play makers = ugly wins (or tight losses). I fully expect ugly wins over Lancaster and Reynoldsburg, and two more in the playoffs before the Tigers get put out of their misery... probably losing something like 12-11 as they miss a 32 yard FG in the final seconds.
Wasn’t even surprised about the Groveport score they lost to Gahanna 20-13 with a chance to score late. And they were up 13-7 against UA the majority of the game and they scored on a 60 yard screen to make it 20-7 but the refs threw a terrible flag and they ended up losing 14-13…

PC, Gahanna, UA, PN, could all win the region or get bounced early. Just hope the winner puts up a fight against Eds out of R1

Long time lurker and follower of Pickerington sports, but I remember reading these posts earlier in the year. Seems funny now.

Maybe not Dynasty. But they will beat PC this year...

6 returning starters on defense and 9 on offense. The younger classes are deep with talent and have beat the younger teams from Central. Should be fun to watch for the next few years
My buddy told me the only Central team to lose to North this year was 7th grade. Is that right?

Long time lurker and follower of Pickerington sports, but I remember reading these posts earlier in the year. Seems funny now.

My buddy told me the only Central team to lose to North this year was 7th grade. Is that right?
Yep. Perhaps I was premature in my predictions 😳.

That was a typo. What I meant to say The Tigers will always reign the city of Pickerington!
I also would like to add PN will need to make changes this off season but the question is where. The culture of their team with costly penalties, players posting highlights immediately after a rivalry lost in the playoffs, lack of offense and defensive adjustments is a major concern but who is to blame? PC will always show up with pride and accept the challenge each year (OCC champs) without the fancy hype videos .You ride into the city of Pickerington en route to the stadium and notice the Tiger flags hanging as they are the true pride and joy of the city. I believe North coaches accepted being mediocre and average if that means keeping their job.

That was a typo. What I meant to say The Tigers will always reign the city of Pickerington!
I also would like to add PN will need to make changes this off season but the question is where. The culture of their team with costly penalties, players posting highlights immediately after a rivalry lost in the playoffs, lack of offense and defensive adjustments is a major concern but who is to blame? PC will always show up with pride and accept the challenge each year (OCC champs) without the fancy hype videos .You ride into the city of Pickerington en route to the stadium and notice the Tiger flags hanging as they are the true pride and joy of the city. I believe North coaches accepted being mediocre and average if that means keeping their job.
You think Hellerich and Co. need to go? I don't think they even get them transfers in to underachieve with without him so end result is probably the same IMHO. They'll always be little brother so what's the difference?

You think Hellerich and Co. need to go? I don't think they even get them transfers in to underachieve with without him so end result is probably the same IMHO. They'll always be little brother so what's the difference?
Exactly it’s hard to always blame the coaching staff and yesterday the play calling seem to be better than past. You can argue this year PN team is far more talented than last year but had a worst record and unable to secure a win vs PC unlike like last year. Coaches have to come with a great game plan but players also have to love winning instead of individual achievements. Central players seem to always play with heart and passion for winning as a team.

What a statement win for Gahanna. PC has had several L's to other central Ohio teams the last couple of years, I think they are officially just a good high school football team, not the kings in Central Ohio anymore!

Who will be som key starters returning for the 2023 season for both PC and PN. PC will have a new general leading the charge this upcoming season.I’ve been told PC offensive line will be a force this year. PN has a talented roster with experience roster that could see success this season.

Great news for the district. Wonder if the plan is to have the full stadium completed by the end of summer for Central and the new field completed for PN so both can play at the start of them season

Great news for the district. Wonder if the plan is to have the full stadium completed by the end of summer for Central and the new field completed for PN so both can play at the start of them season

Actually getting it done before this coming season might be a little tough. I would think that it will be completed for the 2025 season.

No and yes.

Stay tuned...

I heard a rumor that Gahanna is struggling to get their field done, most likely not even before this upcoming season. If that is the case, guessing Pickerington schools will have to wait a while. This is good for the district though, for sure!

Who will be som key starters returning for the 2023 season for both PC and PN. PC will have a new general leading the charge this upcoming season.I’ve been told PC offensive line will be a force this year. PN has a talented roster with experience roster that could see success this season.
From what I have been told and know about their roster, PN is loaded for the upcoming season. A lot of returning skill players with a good amount of linemen and team depth are also there too. Harder schedule than last year, but I see this team at worse being 8-2 and playing for the region title. Of course, we know they will have a few more added to their roster by August which will make them even stronger.

PC will have a new HC and will need to rebuild its roster after losing a ton to graduation. I see PC being 6-4 / 7-3, but they have one of the best coaching staff in central OH, which may be able to squeeze a win or two more.

Not sure about loaded, but PN has a lot of kids with experience- around 15/16 starters back. Most have been playing a couple years. Tough schedule, but time for them to live up to the hype.
PC will be PC- tough, hard nosed with a good running game and defense. Might not have the star power but they will be tough

I’m surprised they are transitioning to turf with all the new speculations of this being a factor of ACL injuries

From what I have been told and know about their roster, PN is loaded for the upcoming season. A lot of returning skill players with a good amount of linemen and team depth are also there too. Harder schedule than last year, but I see this team at worse being 8-2 and playing for the region title. Of course, we know they will have a few more added to their roster by August which will make them even stronger.

PC will have a new HC and will need to rebuild its roster after losing a ton to graduation. I see PC being 6-4 / 7-3, but they have one of the best coaching staff in central OH, which may be able to squeeze a win or two more.
I love how every year about this time PN comes on here saying how great they are going to be. Last years “BUILDING A DYNASTY” post was hilarious. With all the recruiting they do each and ever year they have only beat PC 1 time in the past 11 years ( and that was because PC had a late fumble ). 6-4 is not a dynasty. What really cracks me up is how you describe PN as loaded this with a good amount of lineman? LOL. The only OL returning are Lahr (which he is not bad) and Annarino (who PN recruited away from PC). Unless PN recruited a bunch of massive OL they will be just line last year very average. DL has the Olentangy recruit coming back (McCullom ) who is a very good player. But the rest of the DL is gone to graduation. Unless there is some magical pipeline of lineman that have suddenly showed up since season end I don’t see how they can say they have a good amount of good lineman.

PC (on the other hand) goes through replacing great players each year. This year will be no exception. But the talent pool at PC is deep this year (much deeper than last year). And both sides of the ball will have big, strong, physical lineman. The difference this year is the players are not as experienced as the ones that graduated (Egan and Smith will be hard positions to replace). But mark my word the lineman are huge. Speed and depth will also be a huge part of PC’s team this year. Remember, Biles 3 years ago was a JV kid. No one knew who he was until his junior year. Right out of the gate everyone asked who he was. We knew all along…………he was a JV kid that came through the program.

The retirement of Coach Sharrett will be odd at first. But Lomanico has been with the program since the 90’s and is an outstanding coach. The entire coaching staff is back. So, there will be little change (if any) at PC this year.

Finally, 8-2 at worse is your prediction for PN? Well good luck with that. Elder will be a huge hurdle in “The Pit!” 0-1 to start the season could unravel PN early and quickly when that happen.