Battle of Pickerington - OCC

Heelinohio

Pickerington Central used a fake punt in the 4th tied 14-14 against Groveport! They weren’t that impressive
PC has not been "impressive" in any game this year - not even in the 42-0 whipping of Olentangy Liberty. They just aren't made that way this season. The combination of conservative play calling and lack of offensive play makers = ugly wins (or tight losses). I fully expect ugly wins over Lancaster and Reynoldsburg, and two more in the playoffs before the Tigers get put out of their misery... probably losing something like 12-11 as they miss a 32 yard FG in the final seconds.

lhubble

PC has not been "impressive" in any game this year - not even in the 42-0 whipping of Olentangy Liberty. They just aren't made that way this season. The combination of conservative play calling and lack of offensive play makers = ugly wins (or tight losses). I fully expect ugly wins over Lancaster and Reynoldsburg, and two more in the playoffs before the Tigers get put out of their misery... probably losing something like 12-11 as they miss a 32 yard FG in the final seconds.
Wasn’t even surprised about the Groveport score they lost to Gahanna 20-13 with a chance to score late. And they were up 13-7 against UA the majority of the game and they scored on a 60 yard screen to make it 20-7 but the refs threw a terrible flag and they ended up losing 14-13…

OccFtball

PC, Gahanna, UA, PN, could all win the region or get bounced early. Just hope the winner puts up a fight against Eds out of R1

Muddy

Long time lurker and follower of Pickerington sports, but I remember reading these posts earlier in the year. Seems funny now.

Maybe not Dynasty. But they will beat PC this year...

6 returning starters on defense and 9 on offense. The younger classes are deep with talent and have beat the younger teams from Central. Should be fun to watch for the next few years
My buddy told me the only Central team to lose to North this year was 7th grade. Is that right?

JABanksSr

Long time lurker and follower of Pickerington sports, but I remember reading these posts earlier in the year. Seems funny now.

My buddy told me the only Central team to lose to North this year was 7th grade. Is that right?
Yep. Perhaps I was premature in my predictions 😳.

ManOWarz

That was a typo. What I meant to say The Tigers will always reign the city of Pickerington!
I also would like to add PN will need to make changes this off season but the question is where. The culture of their team with costly penalties, players posting highlights immediately after a rivalry lost in the playoffs, lack of offense and defensive adjustments is a major concern but who is to blame? PC will always show up with pride and accept the challenge each year (OCC champs) without the fancy hype videos .You ride into the city of Pickerington en route to the stadium and notice the Tiger flags hanging as they are the true pride and joy of the city. I believe North coaches accepted being mediocre and average if that means keeping their job.

DCap113

That was a typo. What I meant to say The Tigers will always reign the city of Pickerington!
I also would like to add PN will need to make changes this off season but the question is where. The culture of their team with costly penalties, players posting highlights immediately after a rivalry lost in the playoffs, lack of offense and defensive adjustments is a major concern but who is to blame? PC will always show up with pride and accept the challenge each year (OCC champs) without the fancy hype videos .You ride into the city of Pickerington en route to the stadium and notice the Tiger flags hanging as they are the true pride and joy of the city. I believe North coaches accepted being mediocre and average if that means keeping their job.
You think Hellerich and Co. need to go? I don't think they even get them transfers in to underachieve with without him so end result is probably the same IMHO. They'll always be little brother so what's the difference?

ManOWarz

You think Hellerich and Co. need to go? I don't think they even get them transfers in to underachieve with without him so end result is probably the same IMHO. They'll always be little brother so what's the difference?
Exactly it’s hard to always blame the coaching staff and yesterday the play calling seem to be better than past. You can argue this year PN team is far more talented than last year but had a worst record and unable to secure a win vs PC unlike like last year. Coaches have to come with a great game plan but players also have to love winning instead of individual achievements. Central players seem to always play with heart and passion for winning as a team.

George S. Patton

What a statement win for Gahanna. PC has had several L's to other central Ohio teams the last couple of years, I think they are officially just a good high school football team, not the kings in Central Ohio anymore!