Battle of Pickerington - OCC

Compilation of last 5 years for OCC Teams... <Excuse the extra unprintables.. LOL>

1660235920684.png

And lapping the rest of the field is... Pick Central.
Not to mention, PC has played significantly better teams in their non conference games.
Expand the data to include the past 10 years and North falls below Hilliard Darby and Davidson. ~6th best team in Central Ohio. The perception is far greater than the reality. However, this could be their year though.

Not to mention, PC has played significantly better teams in their non conference games.
Expand the data to include the past 10 years and North falls below Hilliard Darby and Davidson. ~6th best team in Central Ohio. The perception is far greater than the reality. However, this could be their year though.

I'm not a Pick Cent fan, but they'll play anyone, anywhere. Got to tip my hat to them.

4 RB combined to break that record. In a game against a team that was sub .500 on the season. Which also was a game that PN was down most of the game... The OL will be solid, but let's have the proper perspective.

They look solid everywhere but their 3 star qb lmaooo dude what are you talking about??‍♂️
3⭐️'s are based on that BG offer. Not on field performance. He got the offer early. Just let it play out... Don't hang your hat on those ⭐️'s but don't discount them either...

Nope i was there, pn had three straight 3 and outs vs st eds…
Pn will have the best defense in the state.
The D will be solid. I'm a PN guy, but the D is not impregnable. D Line should be the best in the state. Safeties should be solid too. Athletes at every position, but experience could pose a challenge.

I’m hearing from a reliable source at PC a kid from PN entering 9th grade will be at their school this upcoming year.
Did this end up being the kid that got offered by Prime? It came on my timeline this evening that he was wearing a PC uniform.

Did this end up being the kid that got offered by Prime? It came on my timeline this evening that he was wearing a PC uniform.
Yea that’s him- funny how he can just transfer to central where his brother plays (even though the qb went to lakeview) and not sit out

Yea that’s him- funny how he can just transfer to central where his brother plays (even though the qb went to lakeview) and not sit out
There were 2 or 3 high impact players in 2003 (when the schools split) who simply transfered to Central without sitting out a year by establishing residency. Both PN and PC have been the recipient of transfers and the giver of transfers, along with many of area high schools.

The North vs Central rivalry game might be the hottest ticket of the season based on how both teams looked in week 1.
We will see if both teams are for real this week. Both take a big step up in competition. Elder is coming off a big win, and Pine Richland is a good western pa program

We will see if both teams are for real this week. Both take a big step up in competition. Elder is coming off a big win, and Pine Richland is a good western pa program
Just curious, why does North schedule Lancaster to begin with when they know what the Gales are?

Pretty clear to me anyway that PC and PN are the two most talented teams in CO . A bit of a gap after these two . UA isn’t the same this year after losing 19 starters . New guys are solid but that Burg score was a bit misleading . This could be these two at the top for a bit .

Entering week 7 any chance PC or PN turn their season around and make a run this post season? Watching other teams in Div 1 it appears unlikely unless both defenses keep the score low against post season opponents. The combined talent in Pickerington is arguably the best in Ohio but the play calling doesn’t showcase their abilities.

immediate changes that can help in my opinion:

PC-
1. Troy Lane to be utilized like his name is Brandon Saine
2. Spread the field out on offense and utilize the speed on the roster
3. Less man and more basic zone coverage to let your players loose and make plays based on instinct

PN-
1. You have a QB that’s proving he’s capable of moving the ball deep into opponent territory. Let him finish what he started.
2. Halftime adjustments can make or break the season. Adjusting play calling in 2nd half is missing but can be corrected.
3. 3rd down conversions can improve if keeping down and distance reasonable.

Entering week 7 any chance PC or PN turn their season around and make a run this post season? Watching other teams in Div 1 it appears unlikely unless both defenses keep the score low against post season opponents. The combined talent in Pickerington is arguably the best in Ohio but the play calling doesn’t showcase their abilities.

PC-
3. Less man and more basic zone coverage to let your players loose and make plays based on instinct

PN-
1. You have a QB that’s proving he’s capable of moving the ball deep into opponent territory. Let him finish what he started.
2. Halftime adjustments can make or break the season. Adjusting play calling in 2nd half is missing but can be corrected.
Troy Lane for PC reminds me a lot of Xavier Henderson the way he leans into his second and third gear going up field. Losing Biles is going to be hard to replace. But PC has the speed and depth to do it. Watching Lane the other night take the handoff from the QB shows how fast he is once he gets to the line of scrimmage. PC is not far off. PC could easily be 5-1 ( 1 point loss to Wayne, 2 point loss to Gahanna ). Lets hope they get the kinks worked out in the next couple weeks. If so, PC is going to be a very tough team down the stretch.

PC-

PN-
Great suggestions. PC only has 3 problems. 1. Troy Lane isn't Brandon Saine. I don't think if I were his parents I'd want him to take that kind of pounding at his size, especially when his future is probably in track rather than football. 2. There's a difference between track speed and football speed. PC has plenty of "straight line" track speed. But I don't think they have kids who have the quickness to juke tacklers in the open field or, without Biles, enough size to run over them. They have a lot of "tweeners". So I'm not sure spreading out would make difference, though personally I'd try it. 3. I don't think this staff is capable of changing their scheme that drastically in the middle of the season. Don't know if PN can change much either. BTW, what happened to them Friday?

Great suggestions. PC only has 3 problems. 1. Troy Lane isn't Brandon Saine. I don't think if I were his parents I'd want him to take that kind of pounding at his size, especially when his future is probably in track rather than football. 2. There's a difference between track speed and football speed. PC has plenty of "straight line" track speed. But I don't think they have kids who have the quickness to juke tacklers in the open field or, without Biles, enough size to run over them. They have a lot of "tweeners". So I'm not sure spreading out would make difference, though personally I'd try it. 3. I don't think this staff is capable of changing their scheme that drastically in the middle of the season. Don't know if PN can change much either. BTW, what happened to them Friday?
If track is his future I can definitely understand, but same could of been said about Ted Ginn Jr. I’m not comparing the two in regards to football but rather track speed.

Your funny. Never said he was Brandon Saine. Saine was much bigger physical athlete. However, Lane has played football since the 1st grade. His track stardom did not come into play until the last two years. And he comes from a pretty good bloodline of football players ( Garcia Lane is his grandfather ).

Your statement that PC has a lot of " straight line " track speed but do not have kids who have the quickness to juke tacklers in the open field is laughable. PC is a North-South type running team. Nothing fancy just straight power and speed. Thats why you do not see the so called " juke. " They are taught to not waste steps and go North-South.

Finally, you made the statement that PC has a lot of " tweeners " in there lineup. That is how PC wins. They overload teams with young talent early and often. They will beat on you and run past you to the point were you are exhausted mid way through the game. The staff is very seasoned and probably wont fully change their scheme. But over the next 4 weeks I can see PC adding a lot more to the playbook. This in no way is an excuse but when you replace 12 senior starters and 1 junior that is going to be in the NFL in a couple of years It takes time to build chemistry. Throw Biles injury into the mix and that is another hurdle to have to overcome. This is not PC's first rodeo. They have had adversity before. They will be ready for the next 4 games and beyond.

Your funny. Never said he was Brandon Saine. Saine was much bigger physical athlete. However, Lane has played football since the 1st grade. His track stardom did not come into play until the last two years. And he comes from a pretty good bloodline of football players ( Garcia Lane is his grandfather ).

Your statement that PC has a lot of " straight line " track speed but do not have kids who have the quickness to juke tacklers in the open field is laughable. PC is a North-South type running team. Nothing fancy just straight power and speed. Thats why you do not see the so called " juke. " They are taught to not waste steps and go North-South.

Finally, you made the statement that PC has a lot of " tweeners " in there lineup. That is how PC wins. They overload teams with young talent early and often. They will beat on you and run past you to the point were you are exhausted mid way through the game. The staff is very seasoned and probably wont fully change their scheme. But over the next 4 weeks I can see PC adding a lot more to the playbook. This in no way is an excuse but when you replace 12 senior starters and 1 junior that is going to be in the NFL in a couple of years It takes time to build chemistry. Throw Biles injury into the mix and that is another hurdle to have to overcome. This is not PC's first rodeo. They have had adversity before. They will be ready for the next 4 games and beyond.
I think you're correct on most points, but Biles was truly the only guy who IMMEDIATELY jumped out at you as being 'special'. That kind of size, speed and athleticism is hard to replace. I think that Jay has now accepted that w/ only a mediocre o-line and average (at best) RBs he simply cannot be the ultra-conservative coach he has been for the last several years. I'm looking forward to seeing some guys step up, and I'm looking forward to the QB being challenged to be more than a game-manager.

I think you're correct on most points, but Biles was truly the only guy who IMMEDIATELY jumped out at you as being 'special'. That kind of size, speed and athleticism is hard to replace. I think that Jay has now accepted that w/ only a mediocre o-line and average (at best) RBs he simply cannot be the ultra-conservative coach he has been for the last several years. I'm looking forward to seeing some guys step up, and I'm looking forward to the QB being challenged to be more than a game-manager.
Cannot argue with your response. Biles is a game changing type player. Will have to subsidize his many roles that he filled. Running backs are good but need more reps. OL has two studs ( Egan and Smith ). The rest are not there yet. Terry could be a star but needs to be a lot more consistent. I do think coach will open up the playbook over the next 4 weeks to see what he has with the young kids. This is the perfect time to do so.