Bath Seeking New Head Football Coach

Upside

Pat Pritchard is a Bath grad who left the staff at the end of last season. Bath had a 5-5 record and actually had some good kids. Maybe he left because his son was a senior, but he is not an old guy. That told me that the bottom had likely dropped out as far as talent. It might be a ten-foot pole job for a while.

Dr. Frasier Crane

Pat Pritchard is a Bath grad who left the staff at the end of last season. Bath had a 5-5 record and actually had some good kids. Maybe he left because his son was a senior, but he is not an old guy. That told me that the bottom had likely dropped out as far as talent. It might be a ten-foot pole job for a while.
He goes to his son's games at Yale. He won't take this job.

BirdDog10

because he made the decision to throw away the season to develop younger kids for the future. wasn't a popular decision but was probably the right one
I saw them at the first scrimmage this year against Grove, there was no season to throw away from the beginning, They were terrible. From the outside Reindel’s decision to develop kids was absolutely the right one

54cheetah

Spoke to a Bath community member today. No kids on the team. Asked him the same question. He heard it wasn't due to "playing for the future". The AD didn't think program was trending in a good direction. Losing players, cancelling JV games, middle school couldn't field 2 teams, etc. Sounds like just not buying into football. Not getting kids excited about the program. Who knows though.

jonmoxon

Spoke to a Bath community member today. No kids on the team. Asked him the same question. He heard it wasn't due to "playing for the future". The AD didn't think program was trending in a good direction. Losing players, cancelling JV games, middle school couldn't field 2 teams, etc. Sounds like just not buying into football. Not getting kids excited about the program. Who knows though.
As opposed to the last 20 years?

54cheetah

As opposed to the last 20 year.

That's what I said. He thought the numbers were way down 7-12, like panic mode. He thought their boys basketball program had more player buy-in even though they haven't won much either. I guess we will have to just see who they hire. Probably a young guy.

Last edited:

commodore20

The boys basketball coach they hired had just won a state championship and had two of its top three players returning. To pretend as if it's out of left field for a smaller division coach to want to move to a larger division with in a larger city after a successful run elsewhere isn't out of the ordinary.
He also lives in Lima and has spent his whole life there, so that had to factor in.

He also lives in Lima and has spent his whole life there, so that had to factor in.
Someone else made a similar comment of "he wanted to come home" earlier, and I get it, but Bath isn't "home". The guy played for Shawnee, coached at Perry, and lives in Lima. Going from Botkins to Bath wasn't "coming home". It's a 25-minute drive from Powell's house to Botkins HS, it wasn't like he was coaching at some school on the Ohio River.

scbuckeye99

Someone else made a similar comment of "he wanted to come home" earlier, and I get it, but Bath isn't "home". The guy played for Shawnee, coached at Perry, and lives in Lima. Going from Botkins to Bath wasn't "coming home". It's a 25-minute drive from Powell's house to Botkins HS, it wasn't like he was coaching at some school on the Ohio River.
Especially if you're a Shawnee alum. When I think of coming home I think more of hey this guy was coaching in California for the last 20 years and wants to come back to Lima. Not Botkins, Ohio to Bath Township in Allen County, Ohio.

bigkat

kids don't want to go out anymore and the parents don't push kids anymore, if kids don't want to do it.... it's just not a Bath thing......