Baseball Music

thePITman

I've been working on my Baseball Playlist for some time, but I'm always looking to add to it. What are your favorite baseball songs that remind you of summer or being at the ballpark? Walkup music? In between innings? Pre/post-game music?

Here is a link to my playlist. You are welcome to download any of the songs you want.

I've categorized my playlist into 3 groups:
  1. All Songs / Pregame Shuffle - I would play this list on shuffle 1 to 1.5 hours prior to the game as players warm up, take infield, etc.
  2. Between Innings - Self explanatory, songs that we could play in between innings
  3. Top 1 / Bottom 7 - The short list of songs that I have heard played as players take the field for the top of the 1st or bottom of the 7th at various ballparks, especially the OHSAA state tournament, which I have attended the last 10 years. (I always have Shazam ready in case I hear a new song I'd like to add)
Thanks for any additions you might have!

Last edited:

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Great list!! I will be borrowing some of those songs for future games!

Here is a list I came up with for a softball game:

Between Inning songs:

Away Team:
Under Pressure
Lose Yourself
Don't Stop Believing
Sweet Caroline
Jimmy Buffett - Margaritaville
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Cheap Trick Surrender

Home Team:
Glory Days
Sweet Child of Mine
Friends in Low Places – Garth Brooks
Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen
Dancing Queen – ABBA.
Jump Around
My House - Flo Rida

Songs that didn't make the cut the first time we played songs but could move into the list:
Richard Marx - Hold On To The Nights
Another Brick in the Wall (pt. 2)
We Will Rock You
We Are the Champions
Humble - Kendrick Lamar
Started From the Bottom - Drake
It Takes Two
Free Fallin - Tom Petty
Livin on a Prayer - Bon Jovi
Free Bird - Lynrd Skynrd
Cecilia
“(You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (To Party!)” – The Beastie Boys
The White Stripes - 'Seven Nation Army'
American Pie
Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight (End of game song?)
Allstar by Smashmouth
Build Me Up Buttercup by The Foundations
Brown Eyed Girl By Van Morrison
Thrift Shop by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis
John Mellencamp - Jack & Diane
Stand By Me, Ben E King
Baby Shark - played this at one of the championship games last year. Definitely got the biggest participation of all the songs.

The parents really got into some songs, the players got into other songs, and some songs got everybody into it.

Since this was for softball, not all songs would go over as well for a baseball game.