Barberton Coach suspended by OHSAA

Yet Tallmadge kids punched and head butted Barberton players and nothing happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barberton also the home team, meaning they hired the refs....or they hired the assigner, who assigned the refs...don't like them, pick different ones!

Wrong, Suburban League sends the refs.

Reporter didn't have to print the comments about the officials....

I know there were a couple of times after disappointing games I made some comments to the local paper that I regretted late that evening.

When they weren't printed I thanked the reporter and he mentioned how he takes care of coaches with their quotes as he understands how things can be after a game and leaves out the ones that are negative.

That refs are paid to know the rules and do there jobs and these refs didn’t.

Well what did he say, lol???

He said the refs were awful. When one teams players are throwing punches and head butting the other teams players throughout the game and nothing is done to stop it, the refs are awful. All he did was tell the truth.

Is that all??? Oh brother give me break. OHSAA sure loves to **** with public schools. And the citier the better.

Neutral officials were bad. ✔
Neutral OHSAA was bad. ✔
Coach playing team that fired him didn't do anything wrong. ✔

I don't see anything wrong with telling the truth.

I said it was a bad look. I have no idea what he said. It may well have been the truth but it seems like in mid-season you'd look to go through the available channels with complaints rather than risk not being with your team.

OHSAA is corrupt. They pick and choose what they want to do and to who.

So is the NCAA though.

There is nothing wrong with telling the truth. but he doesn't need to tell the truth to the reporter. The reporter isn't going to fix it. He can call the OHSAA and the local Director of officials and make certain that his complaints are heard. Win or lose, complaining to the paper about the officials is just beneath what the man has built, and is building, there at Barberton.

Get a grip. Simply ridiculous statement.

It is NOT a ridiculous statement. In the past 20-25 years you had to have money to get anything accomplished. Money seems to be all they understand. If you don't have it--don't bother them. I can go way back to the 1980's when the powerful soccer lobby made up of wealthy suburban schools convinced the OHSAA they needed to make soccer and practices year round so the USA could compete on an International basis. How did that work out? We are still not an International power and now all HS sports are basically year round. All because a few rich Mothers from suburban Columbus and Cleveland wanted little Melissa to play soccer year round without penalty.:soapbox:

There is nothing wrong with telling the truth. but he doesn't need to tell the truth to the reporter. The reporter isn't going to fix it. He can call the OHSAA and the local Director of officials and make certain that his complaints are heard. Win or lose, complaining to the paper about the officials is just beneath what the man has built, and is building, there at Barberton.
Coaches vent after games all the time to reporters, but the reporters usually don't print specific comments like that, which they know can have those consequences. The reporter in question apologized on Twitter to Gotto, saying he should've known better.

Coaches vent after games all the time to reporters, but the reporters usually don't print specific comments like that, which they know can have those consequences. The reporter in question apologized on Twitter to Gotto, saying he should've known better.

This may be true of some reporters but not all. Some have bias and love to throw schools/coaches under the bus.

Somewhere, our old friend North Viking is smiling. He told us years back that Gotto was a little bit of a hothead and people on here said he was all wrong. I guess he's been proven right to some extent.

Glad Gotto will be back this week. The Barberton/Highland matchup should be a great game.

This may be true of some reporters but not all. Some have bias and love to throw schools/coaches under the bus.
That is not typical of the guys that cover these games for cleveland.com or the ABJ. They have good relationships with these coaches, and they need access. They're not going to get access if they show bias or have an axe to grind. Plus, these are simple game reports, with recaps and interviews. They aren't op-eds. The reporter that covered this game is a really good dude, he just made a mistake.