Baptist requires members to sign biblical sexuality pledge

Yorktown

One woman who attended the meeting with "her partner" claimed that the statement erases the "existence" of "LGBTQ+ people."

"This church is no longer a religious place of worship welcome to all ..." the woman stated. "Forcing your members to sign a contract erasing our existence just adds to the mountains of resentment that LGBTQ+ people already have for the church at large. Is that what you want? To draw a larger wedge between God and queer people? To sanitize the world from us or eliminate our existence? This oath is disgusting and not what God would want."

The woman did state that she had been "raised Baptist," but did not clarify whether she was a member of First Baptist Church.

Forcing members to sign? There is no force.. you decide wether you want to be a member of this church or not. If you dont believe in one man, one woman in marriage then leave the church..
This is not hard.
Oh and yes the goal of the church is to convert souls to Christ. Repentance is of the primary concern. Homosexuality is a sin in which people who are practicing need to repent of.

Give no quarter to the LGBT for no quarter will be given to you.
The unltimate goal of the LGBT is the destruction of the church.

Meanwhile, the pastor probably has a girlfriend on the side... :cautious:

Anyways - it's a non-story. The church has the right to decide who is a member and who isn't. Why anyone who doesn't follow their beliefs would want to be a member there is besides me.

I'd say that if this is what the church wants, they can do it. Isn't that why we have so many church denominations now? Everytime someone disagrees with something, they start their own church.

forrest-gump-thats-all-i-have-to-say.gif

Flip Wilson used to have comedy routines about “The Church of What’s Happenin Now”
Seems like this would be a good home for those who disdain Jesus Christ.

Meanwhile, the pastor probably has a girlfriend on the side... :cautious:

Anyways - it's a non-story. The church has the right to decide who is a member and who isn't. Why anyone who doesn't follow their beliefs would want to be a member there is besides me.
Its not A non-story, I agree it should be a non-story in a country where we are suppose to have freedom of religion. But we dont.

Its not A non-story, I agree it should be a non-story in a country where we are suppose to have freedom of religion. But we dont.
The entire "article" you posted was two sentences, so it's hard to tell - was this church forced to accept these people as members?

The entire "article" you posted was two sentences, so it's hard to tell - was this church forced to accept these people as members?
You can read the entire article. If your driving towards debating that we dont have freedom of religion, then make your case.
Its not that churches are forced to do things right now. It is a fact however that people are being persecuted for their religious beliefs by individuals and/or public / private organizations. There are suppose to be protections against such persecution namely Amendment 1. This is not being enforced.

I'm not debating that we don't have freedom of religion - quite the opposite. We absolutely do.
No you dont. But I get it you dont see it and wont see it until it smacks you in the face. It should of smacked in 2020, but I guess the beatings need to continue.