Baker Mayfield

Pope Francis 1

So the dude no one wants shows up 48 hours before the game, then leads his team to a dramatic victory. Engineers a 98 yard drive in the final 2 minutes with no timeouts.... wow! Good for him! (but I'll still stick with Joe Burrow as my guy!)

2FC9A789-6D71-4541-A95C-82D9893960D8.jpeg

Last edited:

looks like Baker found a home with the Rams....really enjoyed the Rams sideline reactions during last two drives. Can't wait for the Packers game on MNF.....meanwhile Browns have a mess...

Couple of comments. First of all Baker can be a QB. He has to have good talent around him to succeed. He's not going to lift a team.

Second and more importantly, this is a true example of the fallacy that football is complicated. Baker joined the team Tuesday, and played Thursday. Yes, we are told about mini-camps and OTA's all this preparation, Football isn't that hard folks. Blocking, tackling, passing and catching.

Hope the Rams sign Baker to a huge contract.
Stafford is under contract for at least 3 more years. This is an audition for Mayfield to land a contract with some other team. There will probably be 8-10 teams looking to improve their QB situation in the offseason whether it be by draft, trade, or free agency. At worst, he proved last night that he's still good enough to collect an NFL paycheck as a veteran backup if he's willing to play that role.

...aided be a penalty of the interception he threw on the last drive and an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Without those, he's the same fourth qtr flop.

...aided be a penalty of the interception he threw on the last drive and an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Without those, he's the same fourth qtr flop.
True, but I have no issue with the penalty being called on the INT other than thinking it should've been holding rather than PI. Don't think the ball was in the air yet when the penalty occurred.

That unsportsmanlike conduct penalty was the biggie. Stopped the clock when it otherwise would've been running after the sack while giving the Rams 15 and a 1st down. Raiders gonna Raider.

Also, I thought the Raiders should've gone for it on 4th and 1 after the 2 min. warning. Convert and the game is over. Don't convert, and the objective of keeping the Rams from scoring a TD is the same as after the Raiders punted.

Couple of comments. First of all Baker can be a QB. He has to have good talent around him to succeed. He's not going to lift a team.

Second and more importantly, this is a true example of the fallacy that football is complicated. Baker joined the team Tuesday, and played Thursday. Yes, we are told about mini-camps and OTA's all this preparation, Football isn't that hard folks. Blocking, tackling, passing and catching.
Baker helped the Rams accomplish something they were unable to do the previous six games, win!
While Baker showed some immaturity off the field at Cleveland he is a fierce competitor. There are plenty of qbs with more talent, but few with more heart. And his teammates responded. Good luck to him.

Wait until his teammates really get to know him.

Per Panthers former teammate Sam Darnold, Mayfield was a class act & great teammate. I have not found anyone from Carolina who had a bad thing to say about Mayfield, including the inter head coach.

Per Panthers former teammate Sam Darnold, Mayfield was a class act & great teammate. I have not found anyone from Carolina who had a bad thing to say about Mayfield, including the inter head coach.

Of course he would say that, since he beat his out for the job and now he's no more competition. It's like speaking well of the deceased even though you hated him.

That was classic Baker, highs can be really high but the lows are unbelievably low, consistency has been an issue his entire career. When he went in the game I was watching and hoping for an epic collapse but as the game went on I eventually started rooting for him and was actually happy for him after the td drive. Head butting helmeted teammates while not wearing one is immature though….like i said classic Baker.

Team has existed since 1946 🤷‍♂️
The 1999 Browns were an expansion team. Just because Cleveland kept the Browns name does not mean they are the same franchise. But the whole situation is so weird and unique. It’s as though the Browns moved to Baltimore but the Ravens are more regarded as the expansion team.
Weird stuff! But hey, it’s Cleveland lol.

Understood but they are the same franchise, check the record book.

The sack record Garrett just broke was held by Clay Matthews.

Browns were expansion yes. But, they retained all pre move franchise stats and records. Baltimore got the existing team and owner, but started new as far as stats

The 1999 Browns were an expansion team. Just because Cleveland kept the Browns name does not mean they are the same franchise. But the whole situation is so weird and unique. It’s as though the Browns moved to Baltimore but the Ravens are more regarded as the expansion team.
Weird stuff! But hey, it’s Cleveland lol.
Cleveland kept the name, history, and colors when the franchise moved to Baltimore. Regardless, the franchise currently in Cleveland has had 23+ seasons to do something and has done nothing except negatively impact the Browns' history. IMHO, it's unfortunate for the players from before the team left town to be linked by name and history to what has been on the field since 1999.

Cleveland kept the name, history, and colors when the franchise moved to Baltimore. Regardless, the franchise currently in Cleveland has had 23+ seasons to do something and has done nothing except negatively impact the Browns' history. IMHO, it's unfortunate for the players from before the team left town to be linked by name and history to what has been on the field since 1999.
Agree 100%. Should have let Art take it all and began with a new franchise, name, colors.

Browns have sucked for a long time. Get a winner at QB and dump him for a rapist. Browns will suck for another 20 years. Karma

Mary Kay Cabot wasn't playing "telephone game" and trying to be a bigger bitch than Tony Grossi in NC, so yeah.