Badin vs CHCA

Too bad these teams have to travel to Xenia. Mason or Lakota makes a lot more sense.

I agree that trip seems a bit much considering both schools proximity to Cincy????

Should be a good game. Ive heard the kid from CHCA is one of the best pitchers people in this area have seen in quite some time. I think the Rams will be up to the challenge, their program is accustomed to these kind of games.

Here are the quotes that Coach Treadway gave to the media following the big win over CHCA yesterday:

“With the history we have with CHCA, we expect to beat them every time,”

“We’ve just got tough kids who are tougher than their opponents nine out of 10 times."

“They had a good pitcher, but ours was better. I’ll take (Davis) over (Varga) any day of the week.”

Does anybody but me find these quotes to be a bit over the top??? Whatever happended to "winning with class"???

Im a Badin fan, youve just won a hard fought contest against a quality opponent and a hellova pitcher.....and these are the kind of things you say??

WOW....

Really, Badin coach would rather have Davis than Varga? That is laughable. Do not get me wrong, Davis a fine pitcher with guts. Varga is a UNC commit that will likely be a first rounder next year. Please. Both solid teams. Quotes a bit arrogant. Badin same place as last year. Do not overlook average team from Columbus. Good luck.

Here are the quotes that Coach Treadway gave to the media following the big win over CHCA yesterday:

“We’ve just got tough kids who are tougher than their opponents nine out of 10 times."

“They had a good pitcher, but ours was better. I’ll take (Davis) over (Varga) any day of the week.”

Does anybody but me find these quotes to be a bit over the top??? Whatever happended to "winning with class"???

Im a Badin fan, youve just won a hard fought contest against a quality opponent and a hellova pitcher.....and these are the kind of things you say??

WOW....

When you have the best talent (top to bottom) in D-III every year I guess you aren't worried about saying things like that.

I see where he gets it....:rolleyes:

I wasn't supporting him or saying he was right in saying those things. I don't think he needs to say those things. I was saying that he knows he has the best talent in D-III just about every year, so I'm sure he isn't worried about having to back up his talk. It's easy to talk when you have the best players all the time... that's all I was saying.

He had no business making one comment:
"I'll take Davis over Varga any day"....Don't think so Coach Treadway (Varga averaged 2 strike outs an inning) Now I'm definitely ok with the other comments. They are confidence statements not bragging. (my opinion) The one statement was stupid. I am a Hamilton guy that likes to see Badin get beat in the Hamilton vs Badin game (which did happen this year) but will root for them during tournament. He might have been excited after the game and not realizing what he was saying...I hope.

Now maybe Redwine will go recruit some hitters to put in his line up. Just proved yesterday that you can have the best kid in the state pitching on the mound but if you don't score runs you don't win.

WOW....

This is why Public want the small private out.....
If he thinks he the best let him play with the big dogs.....

but his Div III

OK thanks......... as a player you have to get the bunt down.....

Should have bunted again and again - and sent the runner from 1st at some point. Cant get doubled up to end the game. Obviously the 1st baseman was holding the runner so had 2 more opportunities to put the bunt down 1st. And if the 1st baseman wasnt holding the runner, why was he still on first?

This is why Public want the small private out.....
If he thinks he the best let him play with the big dogs.....

but his Div III

Why, because of a coach's comments? I think Badin's schedule speaks for itself as to playing the "big dogs" Oh and by the way Catholic schools went 8-3 yesterday :stirthepot: