Avatar 2 Bombing With Friday Box Office

Dang, both Avatar movies are two of the only movies EVER to see an increase in box office at some point during their theatrical run.

They're also two of the only movies EVER to show blue skinned aliens. 🤷

Aren't more people on vacation this week? Why should increase in sales for a fairly new show be surprising? I relly enjoyed the first. I remember having "arguments" on here with a MAGA knuckle-dragger insisting it was anti-'Merican and anti "merican military. smh.
I look forward to watching the new movies but it won't be until they hit streaming.

Aren't more people on vacation this week? Why should increase in sales for a fairly new show be surprising? I relly enjoyed the first. I remember having "arguments" on here with a MAGA knuckle-dragger insisting it was anti-'Merican and anti "merican military. smh.
I look forward to watching the new movies but it won't be until they hit streaming.

For perspective, it’s pretty impressive if a movie drops less than 60% after it’s first week, and then it consistently drops after that. For a movie to increase sales during its run is almost unheard of. Only a handful of movies have ever done it.

The fact that it’s doing over $60M in its third weekend is also very impressive.

$67M will make it the third highest domestic gross in a movie’s third weekend in box office history. Just behind Avatar 1 who is 2nd.

Last edited:

Gosh a ruddies, your abilities at analyzing the content of movies or of the political opinions of others in highly in question. I am the "Mage knuckle dragger" who was discussing the content of the movie with you. You can see my opinion of the former President on several threads at this site. The last was "So Trump wants to cancel the Constitution. GO MAGA." It is diametrically opposed to your description of it. So, it is hardly surprising you would be unable to see the anti-American bias in the movie. But it is beyond even that. The movie was anti-human. I have not seen and will never see Avatar II. I do not believe in providing financial support to the spread of an evil ideology.

Gosh a ruddies, your abilities at analyzing the content of movies or of the political opinions of others in highly in question. I am the "Mage knuckle dragger" who was discussing the content of the movie with you. You can see my opinion of the former President on several threads at this site. The last was "So Trump wants to cancel the Constitution. GO MAGA." It is diametrically opposed to your description of it. So, it is hardly surprising you would be unable to see the anti-American bias in the movie. But it is beyond even that. The movie was anti-human. I have not seen and will never see Avatar II. I do not believe in providing financial support to the spread of an evil ideology.

what am I missing? Avatar 1 came out five years before Trump even considered running for President.

The movie depicts a MERCENARY army hired by an evil corporation operating out of sight. It depicts an under-dog, the spirit of America, led by an AMERICAN to fight for their land and rights. If you see your 'Merica in that, you're not "Pro-American." You're pro colonial England. smh. You see ghosts. And I honestly had no idea who I was arguing with, lol. But fair enough.

Last edited:
The movie depicts a MERCENARY army hired by an evil corporation operating out of sight. It depicts an under-dog, the spirit of America, led by an AMERICAN to fight for their land and rights. If you see your 'Merica in that, you're not "Pro-American." You're pro colonial England. smh. You see ghosts. And I honestly had no idea who I was arguing with, lol. But fair enough.
The movie depicts a human race facing extinction, fighting for its survival. Benedict Arnold betrayed his country. The main character in Avatar is betraying his species.
We have seen your use of inappropriate and unfounded stereotypes in your description of me as "Maga Knuckle Dragger"
And now through your use of "Merican" in both your statements about me, using a term with a negative connotation to describe people who are pro-American and patriotic.

The movie depicts a human race facing extinction, fighting for its survival. Benedict Arnold betrayed his country. The main character in Avatar is betraying his species.
We have seen your use of inappropriate and unfounded stereotypes in your description of me as "Maga Knuckle Dragger"
And now through your use of "Merican" in both your statements about me, using a term with a negative connotation to describe people who are pro-American and patriotic.
You words say more pro - you.

America doesn't survive at any cost. "merica" maybe but not America. America finds a way to cooperate. They build relationships. They trade. They defend the founding principles and the constitution. They do not send in murderous mercenaries hired by anyone, let alone the government. Companies don't get to run armies. Your master ditto didn't tell you that, glad I could. Happy New Year. ;)

Last edited:
the movie has a human race in an existential crisis. Action must be taken to save mankind. The soldiers sent to fight no matter what they are paid, are fighting to save our species from extinction.
Of course, you have a scenario presented by a vegan luddite who withdrew his application for American citizenship because of his dislike for our country and who is in the process of locating permanently in New Zealand about as far as it is possible to get away from the nation he hates.
Of course, to him and you all corporations are evil and all critics are "Maga Knuckle Draggers."

the movie has a human race in an existential crisis. Action must be taken to save mankind. The soldiers sent to fight no matter what they are paid, are fighting to save our species from extinction.
Of course, you have a scenario presented by a vegan luddite who withdrew his application for American citizenship because of his dislike for our country and who is in the process of locating permanently in New Zealand about as far as it is possible to get away from the nation he hates.
Of course, to him and you all corporations are evil and all critics are "Maga Knuckle Draggers."
"existential crisis" wtf kind of panties are you wearing? lol

Did you mean they "feared for their existence" are did you really mean the whole world was questioning the meaning of life and thought they could find the answer by going to some other world and doing the same there they ( whoever they is ) had apparently already done to destroy Earth?

So are you pleading a case for "humanity" or America? You called it anti "American." Now you're defending from the position of the communists, the facists, oh hell lets add the far lefty loony liberals? The "action" taken was not by our country. It was not by humanity. And it most certainly is not the American way, regardless it might be your "merican." The CORPORATE way is do to business, at least in this country. As for the vegan luddite, you seem to have more familiarity, I've no idea what you're talking about. I dont have my political/social positions given to me by your entertainer or any entertainer.

As for personal characteriations: tell me, how long did you serve your country, in what fashion and what corporations did you work for. Let's compare . I've worked in or in support of our country on 1, 2, 3, oh four continents, not necessarily in comfortable spots and on the sea, also at one of the largest corporations ( which is also a major tech employer in Cinci) and though I didn't take it, was asked to work at an organization that would... well offered a position by this guy J Bahsen . If I was good enough for him, you really think I could feel insulted by you? Best have a damn good resume to give.

Your turn.

Hopefully at some point you'll realize I had no idea who the hell I was talking to way back then. Didnt mention you this time and reall didn't care. You really been holding that all in for all this time? smh. Let go. Find a sense of humor. You'll live better.

Last edited:
"existential crisis" wtf kind of panties are you wearing? lol

Did you mean they "feared for their existence" are did you really mean the whole world was questioning the meaning of life and thought they could find the answer by going to some other world and doing the same there they ( whoever they is ) had apparently already done to destroy Earth?

So are you pleading a case for "humanity" or America? You called it anti "American." Now you're defending from the position of the communists, the facists, oh hell lets add the far lefty loony liberals? The "action" taken was not by our country. It was not by humanity. And it most certainly is not the American way, regardless it might be your "merican." The CORPORATE way is do to business, at least in this country. As for the vegan luddite, you seem to have more familiarity, I've no idea what you're talking about. I dont have my political/social positions given to me by your entertainer or any entertainer.

As for personal characteriations: tell me, how long did you serve your country, in what fashion and what corporations did you work for. Let's compare . I've worked in or in support of our country on 1, 2, 3, oh four continents, not necessarily in comfortable spots and on the sea, also at one of the largest corporations ( which is also a major tech employer in Cinci) and though I didn't take it, was asked to work at an organization that would... well offered a position by this guy J Bahsen . If I was good enough for him, you really think I could feel insulted by you? Best have a damn good resume to give.

Your turn.

Hopefully at some point you'll realize I had no idea who the hell I was talking to way back then. Didnt mention you this time and reall didn't care. You really been holding that all in for all this time? smh. Let go. Find a sense of humor. You'll live better.
Gosh a ruddies. You brought me into this discussion. I am reading the thread, hoping the title is true and I see you mischaracterize me and ridicule my position from a discussion several months ago. Obviously it had been on your mind and you wanted to take a shot at me.

An existential threat is a something that has the potential to end human existence, nuclear war for example. The movie presented a scenario where they had moved past threat to a situation in which if not stopped human existence would end. The people of the United States are part of humanity, humanity ends USA ends. Humanity survives, the United States has a chance of survival. In that situation nothing could be more pro-American than make sure humanity survives. The agency used to carry out the policy to save humanity in the film is corporate. If the goal is saving humanity and that is the organization selected to carry out, I would support them, but you wouldn’t.

I am sorry you don’t know what a vegan luddite is, but I am not responsible for the gaps in your education. Just think of it this way anti-American vegan luddite=James Cameron.

I am sorry that after your supposed corporate career, you are so willing to bite the hand that fed you and yours.

You brought me into this discussion. I am reading the thread, hoping the title is true and I see you mischaracterize me and ridicule my position from a discussion several months ago. Obviously it had been on your mind and you wanted to take a shot at me.
Not once did I mention you. Didn't even remember you. You outed yourself derp.
03-lmfao.gif

An existential threat

YOU wrote exisential CRISIS. It's there for everyone to see. Have a sense of security. It's ok to accept you made a mistake.

as for your service, patriotism and loyalty to this country, its morals, its people? Confirmed: it is nil. You didn't serve in any capacity. You never worked for a corporation. None of those things you tried to call me out on, can you claim when you presumed I was a "lefty" or whatever nonsense words you used. Thank you for your honesty. Carry on.

If you're going to defend your puppet master's interpretation of the movie, shouldn't you actually watch it? There was no mention of "saving humanity." The evil corporation wanted the element to run their grav tunnels, to make lots and lots of money. Even if they were looking to "save humanity", how many were they going to take to that planet, the one they were in the process of destroying? You don't think you'd be one of them do you? You know it's fiction, right? Where is the United States if there is no Earth? And there is no new planet? Those are rhetorical You destroyed the country.

Leave your master's voice behind and use your own brain. It's apparent now your problem is with the director, not the movie. You know zip about the movie other than what some rightwing entertainer told you, correct?

Anyone else want to weigh in on their interpretation?

Not once did I mention you. Didn't even remember you. You outed yourself derp. View attachment 37775

YOU wrote exisential CRISIS. It's there for everyone to see. Have a sense of security. It's ok to accept you made a mistake.

as for your service, patriotism and loyalty to this country, its morals, its people? Confirmed: it is nil. You didn't serve in any capacity. You never worked for a corporation. None of those things you tried to call me out on, can you claim when you presumed I was a "lefty" or whatever nonsense words you used. Thank you for your honesty. Carry on.

If you're going to defend your puppet master's interpretation of the movie, shouldn't you actually watch it? There was no mention of "saving humanity." The evil corporation wanted the element to run their grav tunnels, to make lots and lots of money. Even if they were looking to "save humanity", how many were they going to take to that planet, the one they were in the process of destroying? You don't think you'd be one of them do you? You know it's fiction, right? Where is the United States if there is no Earth? And there is no new planet? Those are rhetorical You destroyed the country.

Leave your master's voice behind and use your own brain. It's apparent now your problem is with the director, not the movie. You know zip about the movie other than what some rightwing entertainer told you, correct?

Anyone else want to weigh in on their interpretation?
Pierre Corneille-“whoever allows himself to be insulted, deserves it”

You libel someone on a public forum. Claim no fault when you do not directly reveal his identity.

• Identity is easy to find on the site which keeps an easily obtainable record of previous discussion and method to search for it.
  • You falsely label someone’s political identity in a way particularly insulting to someone who strongly opposes the man you claim he supports.
  • In your attack on this person, you also ridicule people for supporting “Merica” , being fervently patriotic.
As to “Existential crisis.” No mistake was made. In reply to you I presented a situation where mankind moved from threat to crisis.

“An existential threat is a something that has the potential to end human existence, nuclear war for example. The movie presented a scenario where they had moved past threat to a situation in which if not stopped human existence would end.”

As to my resume as compared to your “supposed” resume. I have worked for corporations and have worked for government. I have done manual labor and worked as a professional. Now there briefly is my “reputed” resume.

As to you being a lefty, maybe. I see you attack people for being pro-American. You endorse the anti-corporate and anti-human philosophy espoused by James Cameron as expressed in Avatar I. Are those lefty opinions?

I did see Avatar I and the situation in the movie is the mankind is facing extinction. The resources on this moon (pandora is a moon, not a planet, are you sure you watched the movie) can save mankind and if they save mankind, the United States may be able to exist.

Not to get too deep into it but I thought Avatar was about Native Americans and European settlers.
“Avatar is a science fiction retelling of the history of North and South America in the early colonial period. Avatar very pointedly made reference to the colonial period in the Americas, with all its conflict and bloodshed between the military aggressors from Europe and the indigenous peoples. Europe equals Earth. The native Americans are the Na’vi. It’s not meant to be subtle."
—James Cameron on Avatar