Austintown Fitch 2023

Checking out the Fitch Football Twitter page and seeing good things. Kids working hard and getting scholarships. Pritchard just got a scholarship from Ohio U. D.J. Williams also got one from Ball State, and he is currently listed as a three star on 247 sports. There's two linemen posting workout videos who never posted before. One of them is Daesean Johnson. The kid is 6'7" 335. I've seen him in mop-up duty and on special teams. The question about him is is he going to be able to move his feet? He was able to get a good push on running plays, but keeping up with D-ends was hard for him. But with the right amount of work, I think this kid can do something this season. He's at tackle, but if he doesn't get the speed to guard the end, he would be very interesting inside at guard. He could obviously get a good push, and no one is going to go through him. At any rate, he will definitely give us depth on the o-line. I like watching these kids push themselves to get better and to do better. Keep up the good work, and go Falcons!

Good program,he should do well. Still wondering if YSU ever offered him.
I'm pretty sure YSU did, but who knows what they were going to give him. They often don't give the local guys as much as the guys from out of town or state. Jayden Eley committed to St. Francis. They go a steal. I am surprised that more schools didn't look at him because he is super fast and had many big receptions for the Falcons.

Wow, playing Iggy. This would be a huge win for us if we can get it. I think our skill players are going to be better or as good as Iggy's, but onthe interior lines is going to be a test.

How many starters return on offense and defense?
It's hard to say because of the way injuries and other circumstances led to guys starting. Our QB is back and a running back who rushed for over a thousand yards, but he shared starting duties with Jamel James. We have two receivers back that started most games and our starting tight end is back, but again, a few guys split time there. On the o-line we have three guys back who started at one point in the season and got significant playing time. On defense we have three guys returning on the line. Two of those guys have received D-I offers with Brian Robinson being a four star with offers from schools like Michigan, Texas A&M, Georgia, Pitt, Colorado, and Arizona State. Two of our starting linebackers are back and two of the defensive backs. We have to replace our kicker, which is going to be tough because he was really accurate with a big leg. It's really hard to determine exactly hwo many original starters are back because we had a lot of injuries that led to guys becoming starters. We should be pretty experienced. We also have some really good freshman coming up. We only had around twenty freshman on the freshman team, but they were quality guys who are working their butts off and doing really well in track and field and basketball. It's going to see what Iggy will be like now that Kyle is gone. Who knows what Iggy will look like, but at least we will be able to see three games of the new Ignatius. All in all, we should be experienced with some really top notch guys on both sides of the ball. I am only worried about the o-line because we lost Fitzgerald, who was a first team all state lineman. I can't wait to see this though.

Many interesting things going on in the land of the Falcon. Many Fitch players are receiving many offers. Robinson keeps racking up D I offers. Maryland and Wisconsin are the two newest. He still doesn't have an offer from the Buckeyes. That's a bummer, but they have their targets, and he is not one of them. I can't help but think that he will end up on Meeeechigan and kick the crap out of the Bucks. Michigan seems to be in the lead to land him. Williams keeps getting offers including from Navy and Army. Pritchard had received many offers now, including one from Maryland. Dahn has gotten offers from most of the MAC with Ball State being the last one. The Hill twins, who haven't stepped foot on a varsity football field, have offers from the likes of Kentucky, Michingan, and Penn State among others. Temple basically gave all of our top players scholarship offers. Dominic Perry has a DII offer from Notre Dame College. Evans also has gotten offers from some FCS schools like Eastern Kentucky; Evans also put down a sub 22 seconds 200 meter in track. Daesean Johnson, who has barely seen the field, has offers from Albion and Marietta. He's huge at 6'7" 335, but he has to really get some better footwork. If he has done that, he might have a breakout senior year and give us the size on the line we need. The one who doesn't seem to be getting a lot of looks is Dashawn Vaughn. I think teams are staying away from him because he broke his ankle last year, but he in my opinion is probably the best player on the team after Robinson. He does have an offer to Toledo. If we had him last year against St. V's, we would have beaten them. Smith missed a lot of passes that he wouldn't have. I wish I could say that we have a bunch of linemen getting offers. That is the area we are lacking. They are good, but not as good as the big boys, but they are getting better and many of them were really young last year. It will be interesting to see how they have developed. This should be a very exciting year in Atown.

Many interesting things going on in the land of the Falcon. Many Fitch players are receiving many offers. Robinson keeps racking up D I offers. Maryland and Wisconsin are the two newest. He still doesn't have an offer from the Buckeyes. That's a bummer, but they have their targets, and he is not one of them. I can't help but think that he will end up on Meeeechigan and kick the crap out of the Bucks. Michigan seems to be in the lead to land him. Williams keeps getting offers including from Navy and Army. Pritchard had received many offers now, including one from Maryland. Dahn has gotten offers from most of the MAC with Ball State being the last one. The Hill twins, who haven't stepped foot on a varsity football field, have offers from the likes of Kentucky, Michingan, and Penn State among others. Temple basically gave all of our top players scholarship offers. Dominic Perry has a DII offer from Notre Dame College. Evans also has gotten offers from some FCS schools like Eastern Kentucky; Evans also put down a sub 22 seconds 200 meter in track. Daesean Johnson, who has barely seen the field, has offers from Albion and Marietta. He's huge at 6'7" 335, but he has to really get some better footwork. If he has done that, he might have a breakout senior year and give us the size on the line we need. The one who doesn't seem to be getting a lot of looks is Dashawn Vaughn. I think teams are staying away from him because he broke his ankle last year, but he in my opinion is probably the best player on the team after Robinson. He does have an offer to Toledo. If we had him last year against St. V's, we would have beaten them. Smith missed a lot of passes that he wouldn't have. I wish I could say that we have a bunch of linemen getting offers. That is the area we are lacking. They are good, but not as good as the big boys, but they are getting better and many of them were really young last year. It will be interesting to see how they have developed. This should be a very exciting year in Atown.
That sounds like 7 guys on the team with D1 FBS offers, 4 with P5 offers. Pretty impressive.

That sounds like 7 guys on the team with D1 FBS offers, 4 with P5 offers. Pretty impressive.
We have a lot of good skill and defense guys, but we need some linemen to step up. I think in skill and defensive backfield we are as good as almost anyone in the state, but the battle is won in the trenches; and that is why team like Massillon and Hoban have been better than us. I hope things change this year. I'm pretty sure the younger guys from last year are going to make huge strides. Parker and company do a great job of coaching kids up. Needless to say, I can't wait until August 18.

We have a lot of good skill and defense guys, but we need some linemen to step up. I think in skill and defensive backfield we are as good as almost anyone in the state, but the battle is won in the trenches; and that is why team like Massillon and Hoban have been better than us. I hope things change this year. I'm pretty sure the younger guys from last year are going to make huge strides. Parker and company do a great job of coaching kids up. Needless to say, I can't wait until August 18.
Has game 7 been filled?

Canfield refused to play
That comes as 0 surprise
That’s so soft
Canfield already plays West Branch (only losses were to Canfield and in week 14), Mansfield (lost by 1 point to Holy Name in week 14), Olmsted Falls (only loses were Chardon by 7 and to Avon week 13), Poland Seminary (lost in week 11 by 1 point to JA who lost to Glenville in week 15), Chaney (only losses were to Ursuline and Kenston in week 13), Dover (lost in 2OT week 11 by 1 point to DeSales), Holy Name (lost in week 15 to Canfield), Howland (I admit they aren't very good) & Boardman (beat Mooney which lost in week 13 to eventual State Champs Canfield South Range).

As of right now, Canfield is already ranked in the top 5 or 6 teams in D-III for strength of schedule for 2023, and remember what happened to Benedictine with their #1 SOS, adding Fitch would put them 2nd or 3rd most likely.

Regular Season SOS Division III last year with records
1) Benedictine 0-10
2) Louisville 3-7
3) Ursuline 10-3
4) Chardon 11-2
5) Canfield 15-1
6) Madison 2-8
7) Badin 13-1
8) Padua Franciscan 8-6
9) Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin 2-8
10) Sandusky 3-7

Canfield already plays West Branch (only losses were to Canfield and in week 14), Mansfield (lost by 1 point to Holy Name in week 14), Olmsted Falls (only loses were Chardon by 7 and to Avon week 13), Poland Seminary (lost in week 11 by 1 point to JA who lost to Glenville in week 15), Chaney (only losses were to Ursuline and Kenston in week 13), Dover (lost in 2OT week 11 by 1 point to DeSales), Holy Name (lost in week 15 to Canfield), Howland (I admit they aren't very good) & Boardman (beat Mooney which lost in week 13 to eventual State Champs Canfield South Range).

As of right now, Canfield is already ranked in the top 5 or 6 teams in D-III for strength of schedule for 2023, and remember what happened to Benedictine with their #1 SOS, adding Fitch would put them 2nd or 3rd most likely.

Regular Season SOS Division III last year with records
1) Benedictine 0-10
2) Louisville 3-7
3) Ursuline 10-3
4) Chardon 11-2
5) Canfield 15-1
6) Madison 2-8
7) Badin 13-1
8) Padua Franciscan 8-6
9) Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin 2-8
10) Sandusky 3-7
Not that it really makes any difference to the point of your post, but just for accuracy I will note Olmsted Falls lost to Avon last year in Week 7 and Week 13. They are in the same league and playoff region.

I would love to get another crack at Canfield. The last showing was embarrasing. They caught us at a good time when we were huritng a little, and they whacked us. I don't blame Canfield for not playing us. Their schedule looks pretty tough, and they will be rebuilding; whereas, we should be loaded.