Austintown Fitch 2023

By the way, how is the renovation of your ball park going? I thought it was pretty good as it was.
I haven't been back to Atown in a while, and nothing has been posted that I have seen. It actually probably needed to be done. It was used as a bus garage, and that is no longer necessay because there is a new bus garage on the campus. Also, there were cracks and fissures all over those stands. They were looking bad. I am interested to see what they replace it with. I am also intrested to see when they start making the new indoor track and practices facility. Big changes in A-town that I hope attracts people to the city and the school system.

Fitch has one of the best Offensive Line coaches in the area. They had two 1000 yard rusher this past season. They will be fine up front.
Are you serious? You can't say that with a straight face lol. I have a ton of respect for Fitch great fans great program but brooo just because you have 1,000 yard rushers doesn't mean anything. Fitch is way to small upfront

Are you serious? You can't say that with a straight face lol. I have a ton of respect for Fitch great fans great program but brooo just because you have 1,000 yard rushers doesn't mean anything. Fitch is way to small upfront
Guys we have coming back: Ryan Ames 6' 290, Trenton Ciccarelli 6'1" 290, Xavier Dahn (Started on defense) 6'3" 260, and Mark Stankorb 5' 10" 225. These four saw significant time on the o-line. Linemen who were on the roster: Zach McBurney 6'1" 205, Julian Figuero 6' 235, Dasean Johnson 6'7" 330, Noah Patton 6'1" 225, Trenton Baylor 5' 7" 230, and Brady McNally 5' 11" 290. Now there are a few freshman that are good size, but I don't have listing for them. One is Booker Newberry who did see some varsity time on the defensive line. He is probably around 6' 240 -250. Maybe a little taller. These are all of the guys on the roster listed as offesnive linemen. Now a lot of these guys are sophomores, so they will grow some. One problem is there are not a lot of them. There is simply very little depth on our line. And there were only around twenty guys on the freshman team, so we might get five or six linemen. Now our skill players can make guys look really good because they break tackles and are hard to catch and bring down, but we to need a couple of these guys to really develop. The guys that started were pretty good, but they are not hulking 6' 5" 275 pound guys. But there is a lot of time between now and the season, so it will be interesting to see how some of these guys develop.

AUSTINTOWN-FITCH
1 - @ Euclid
3 - @ Canton GlenOak
5 - (H) Stow-Munroe Falls
6 - (H) Youngstown Ursuline
8 - (H) Massillon Washington
9 - @ Boardman
10 - @ Warren Harding
Week 2: Division III Mansfield Senior? But the Tygers want a home game

I used to work around there for a while. I remember the consolidation very well.
Was not state mandated. They just worked it out themselves.
It's been a good move all around. Plenty of school districts in Ohio should look to do the same thing.
Aliquippa and hopewell seem to be headed in that direction as well

Guys we have coming back: Ryan Ames 6' 290, Trenton Ciccarelli 6'1" 290, Xavier Dahn (Started on defense) 6'3" 260, and Mark Stankorb 5' 10" 225. These four saw significant time on the o-line. Linemen who were on the roster: Zach McBurney 6'1" 205, Julian Figuero 6' 235, Dasean Johnson 6'7" 330, Noah Patton 6'1" 225, Trenton Baylor 5' 7" 230, and Brady McNally 5' 11" 290. Now there are a few freshman that are good size, but I don't have listing for them. One is Booker Newberry who did see some varsity time on the defensive line. He is probably around 6' 240 -250. Maybe a little taller. These are all of the guys on the roster listed as offesnive linemen. Now a lot of these guys are sophomores, so they will grow some. One problem is there are not a lot of them. There is simply very little depth on our line. And there were only around twenty guys on the freshman team, so we might get five or six linemen. Now our skill players can make guys look really good because they break tackles and are hard to catch and bring down, but we to need a couple of these guys to really develop. The guys that started were pretty good, but they are not hulking 6' 5" 275 pound guys. But there is a lot of time between now and the season, so it will be interesting to see how some of these guys develop.
Booker saw zero time on the defensive line. He did see time on the offensive line.

I used to work around there for a while. I remember the consolidation very well.
Was not state mandated. They just worked it out themselves.
It's been a good move all around. Plenty of school districts in Ohio should look to do the same thing.
Yes, plenty of school districts in Ohio should consolidate. However, don’t hold your breath.

My parents are from Hopewell and my grandparents Aliquippa. Those two areas, despite being right next door, are still very different. I would assume there are many people who would fight the merger.
I agree there will be big time push back mainly from the hopewell side. It would be similar to Campbell/Lowellville merger and Lowellville people would not want that at all for obvious reasons

I’m sure they may get a couple kids that come to the program as well that nobody has on their radar right now. Wouldn’t shock me if a kid from the west side jumps ship

Wouldn’t the fact that they are consistently solid while almost never having big O linemen to work with point towards the O line coach being good?

Or does St Ed’s have the best O line coach because he’s given college size linemen to work with?

-US Census-
2020——-29,594
2010——-36,722
Just to nitpick a bit, but these numbers are misrepresented.

There are 2 ways to look at Austintown’s population:
1. The 5mi X 5mi township border
2. The CDP outlined by the US census, which is the more populated areas closer to Meridian Rd.

For the entire 25sq mile township, the population dropped from 36,722 to 35,915 between 2010 to 2020.

For the smaller CDP, the population dropped from 29,677 to 29,594 between 2010 to 2020.

Just to nitpick a bit, but these numbers are misrepresented.

There are 2 ways to look at Austintown’s population:
1. The 5mi X 5mi township border
2. The CDP outlined by the US census, which is the more populated areas closer to Meridian Rd.

For the entire 25sq mile township, the population dropped from 36,722 to 35,915 between 2010 to 2020.

For the smaller CDP, the population dropped from 29,677 to 29,594 between 2010 to 2020.
I’m sorry. I looked at the wrong numbers. You are correct with your analysis. The numbers for the entire township are the more legitimate figures. I apologize.

Last edited:
Updated schedule:
AUSTINTOWN-FITCH
1 - @ Euclid
2 - (H) Central Valley (PA)
3 - @ Canton GlenOak
5 - (H) Stow-Munroe Falls
6 - (H) Youngstown Ursuline
8 - (H) Massillon Washington
9 - @ Boardman
10 - @ Warren Harding

I agree there will be big time push back mainly from the hopewell side. It would be similar to Campbell/Lowellville merger and Lowellville people would not want that at all for obvious reasons
What are the obvious reasons? Campbell has the new wellness center, new pool coming in. I'm not sure what you are referring to?