August is officially cancelled

Yes some schools came out ahead. My wife's district did not. Colerain has already made cuts this year. My wife's district will go into deficit spending three years earlier now but held off on cuts this year.
Isn't that mainly because of Northwest?

No
I just want to know if no school and no sports means do I can some of my property taxes back ? Will never vote for a school levy again
No because all of your property tax money is going to go towards covering the increased Costs associated with school this year, like testing and temperature monitoring, programs for remote learning, etc. Plus your tax dollars will have to try to cover the millions that the state of Ohio cut from your local school district's budget. Let's not forget that your tax dollars will also have to cover expenses for charter schools in your district, if there are any, and also expenses for your local private schools that the public schools pay for.

Also, when levies fail, it's terrible for home values, so when the schools decline and property values, people wind up being upside down on their mortgage, or lose significant money when they go to sell to try to move to a better area.

What are you trying to accomplish by never voting for another school levy just out of curiosity?

Last edited:
We received our full reopening guidelines yesterday as a district. About twenty five pages of safety protocol and potential protocol for those that choose distance learning instead of in class learning along with calendars, etc for the school.

Talked to a head coach and an administrator yesterday. There are two options being floated around, and both of which could happen simultaneously.
1. The season (scrimmages) will be pushed back two weeks with practices allowed, but no outside school scrimmages until at least August 17.
2. Fans will be very limited/not allowed to attend certain venues (and potentially all regular season venues).

This is coming down from a conference AD who is our voice in the OHSFCA for NW Ohio.

I don't see any flash decisions by Dewine today. He may talk about sports but as we have seen, he will prance around the issue until we have more info from the meeting between Husted and the OHSFCA.
and the OHSAA will be there too I think

well nothing from Deweenie about fall sports today in his press conference. Now to see if someone asks him about it.

Looks like we move ahead normally

well nothing from Deweenie about fall sports today in his press conference. Now to see if someone asks him about it.

Nothing normal in central ohio. he is punting making local health departments and school boards the fall guys. most franklin co schools are virtual and suspended fall sports for 1st q in last 48 hrs

Nothing normal in central ohio. he is punting making local health departments and school boards the fall guys. most franklin co schools are virtual and suspended fall sports for 1st q in last 48 hrs
well yeah, rolls down hill. None of these spineless elected "leaders" want to make tough decisions

Last edited:
Franklin pulled the plug too soon. My opinion. Looks like schools will continue contact practices until he wants to speak up.

What decision do you want made? Because you did not hear what you want someone is a "spinless" leader?
yeah my bad on typo, glad to see you are perfect

Spirit, IDGAF about whether any decision is something I favor or not, I and many, want a more concrete plan of action and less flip flopping. For instance, flip flopping on masks is one that is an example of (that was removed from my post) rolling down hill.

Look, when tough decisions need to get made the quick answer is going to punt everything down to lower levels. If those lower levels, for instance, health departments or local schools or local governments get a plan together that works, the state will roll in and say look what we did, if it doesn't work, they can just lay blame there. Its essentially what the Federal government is doing as well.

Franklin pulled the plug too soon. My opinion. Looks like schools will continue contact practices until he wants to speak up.
but still can't compete against anyone else in August... until they meet next week... which I am pretty sure the OHSAA Admin survey had a high percentage of those surveyed wanting at least one scrimmage. I would argue that one would be good, but I guess you could go without

Just as I said yesterday when I spoke to my source.

What is still on the table? After a week of practices, they may determine to take time off to evaluate, maybe alternate days of practice since there are a couple of extra weeks due to no scrimmages, and then also pushing back the season but those last few will come with time.

Right now it is business as usual, but we could see some changes into the practice scheduling especially since there is extra time this year before week 1..

Also, he is our elected official, and treat him as such in addressing him. Deweenie? C'mon man. Its Supreme Leader, or Dictator.

but still can't compete against anyone else in August... until they meet next week... which I am pretty sure the OHSAA Admin survey had a high percentage of those surveyed wanting at least one scrimmage. I would argue that one would be good, but I guess you could go without
Yes. Scrimmages are extremely important. I would assume we will see the restart of scrimmaging on the 17th (so basically one week of scrimmages) and the season to start as "normal". Some conferences are calling for conference only opponents. Which is fine....if you can get enough games in. Independents such as LCC and bigger schools that travel between Lima/Toledo or Dayton/Cincy, etc. are going to get hurt by this.

There are alot of scenarios going on. The one that I have heard kicked around from admin is a August 17th start with limited to no fans.

yeah my bad on typo, glad to see you are perfect

Spirit, IDGAF about whether any decision is something I favor or not, I and many, want a more concrete plan of action and less flip flopping. For instance, flip flopping on masks is one that is an example of (that was removed from my post) rolling down hill.

Look, when tough decisions need to get made the quick answer is going to punt everything down to lower levels. If those lower levels, for instance, health departments or local schools or local governments get a plan together that works, the state will roll in and say look what we did, if it doesn't work, they can just lay blame there. Its essentially what the Federal government is doing as well.
Only one person was perfect and neither of us are him. I just wanted to use your word.

Masks are being recommended worn at all times in public. That decision was made. Next.

As of today you know all of the decisions that have been made. Fall sports? We are moving forward to begin on Aug 1. I some schools want to close or shut down, it's their choice. Schools can cancel their sports at any time without a Gov approval.

1722 cases goodbye fall.

and no spike in positive test rate (ie more tests just processed) and fewer red counties.

look, the governor is in an unenviable position. i understand that. but the situation on the ground in most places is hardly dire. when you're trying to justify closing bars at 10pm 2 days after losing a lawsuit for the same thing in columbus you're grasping at straws. but ohio is not texas, arizona, florida, or california. those states all had rapid rise in positive testing rates. ohio isn't having that. even since the higher numbers of 13-1500 cases a day, the positive rate has been around 5.5-6.5%. that says COVID isn't going anywhere, but it isn't causing a plague. ohio has 31,000 hospital beds. if 1,000 of those are occupied by covid patients, so what? And with treatments like remdesevir that are only IV, that is an automatic 5 days in the hospital. not saying that these numbers should be ignored, but given that our hospital capacity hasn't been stressed at all we (from my own experience) have been admitting people that in march and april would have been told to quarantine at home due to surge fears and are generally being very cautious discharging people. again, there are too many nuances that fit a political debate or can only be interpreted by a governor/a few staffers.

Survey results are all over the web. No need to be "pretty sure". You can see the results for yourself.

Just something I heard today through the grapevine......I believe football will be pushed back for 3 weeks. We will start the 2nd week of Sept.