August is officially cancelled

To be honest, I quit when mentioned lack of leadership. Ever heard you can lead a horse to water, but it's the horse who decides if it want to drink. Is it the horse's fault or the leader. The leader will then take the horse to the vet. Either healing the horse or the horse dying of dehydration.
What people to do is listen to what they have to say. Not interrupt them and disturb the whole process.
If you can't handle the person giving you the leadership, you need help. Not the leader.
Lol! Lead the horse to water. Whether the drink or not is on them. true! The problem is the leadership can't find the lake, or the river, or the stream or the any source of water. So therefore the horse is confused and just trying to figure it out on there own.....Sad!

Lol! Lead the horse to water. Whether the drink or not is on them. true! The problem is the leadership can't find the lake, or the river, or the stream or the any source of water. So therefore the horse is confused and just trying to figure it out on there own.....Sad!
I'm so sorry if you think that way. What a pity. You can't see the forest for the trees.

The internal actions of the OHSAA has not been smooth for many years dating back to long before Jerry. When you have to many chiefs, or at least people who think they are a chief, you get chaos when multiple ones do not agree with each other and cannot accept they may be the minority. Instead of becoming an ally to all or better yet giving up their lucrative position to some who would, they become secretive and back stabbing. This creates tension, vengeance and distrust among coworkers. In reality the OHSAA has very little authority but is looked to for many answers and because of this some of those in charge feel they have great power. When the power of an individual or small group can go unchecked, bad things can happen or nothing at all.

Like I stated above that is your opinion of the virus. That does nothing or adds nothing to the debate over what needs to done about the start of this high school
1. Governor has said it is illegal to play football right now
2. County health departments are recommending schools not start football until Oct. 1st.
3. Multiple programs are shut down because of covid cases.
4. Several of the largest school districts in the state are going strictly online and will not have football.
5. Scrimmages have been cancelled for all ohio football teams.

How ignorant would someone have to be to say everything is fine here and we don't need to adjust anything? That is why we are in this mess. Too many ignorant people refusing to accept the reality of the situation. We dont care about your covid charts or your opinions about Fauci. Look at the facts of the situation.
Here are the facts.

70+% of the people who have died from COVID were in nursing homes.

85+% of the people who have died from COVID have some other comorbidity.

Less than 1% of all COVID deaths occur in young people age 0-24.

Despite the recent spike in cases in Ohio (not the entire country) the percentage of positive tests have remained steady over the last several weeks.

Ohio hospitals and ICU's are nowhere near full and are not in any type of "critical" situation.

These are facts. What you posted are the results of the decisions made by people who are ignoring the facts.

Indiana just announced they are moving forward, no delays, nothing.

I expect Ohio to announce football is good to go week 1

central ohio isnt good to go. better review the school district that went virual and wont have sports. half our schedule includes these schools. who we gonna play?

central ohio isnt good to go. better review the school district that went virual and wont have sports. half our schedule includes these schools. who we gonna play?
Yep. The schedule nightmares have arrived at the OCC’s doorstep.

Hilliard City Schools are suspending all extra curricular activities until further notice starting at 9:00 tonight. Per recommendation of the Franklin County Health Department.

Hilliard City Schools are suspending all extra curricular activities until further notice starting at 9:00 tonight. Per recommendation of the Franklin County Health Department.

As i said earlier the lack of leadership from Dewine and OHSAA waiting last minute forced the hands. Although, this may have been the plan all along not to take the blame!!!!!

Indiana just announced they are moving forward, no delays, nothing.

I expect Ohio to announce football is good to go week 1

Interesting, I heard this is the same deal with OHSAA saying things were looking fine for August 1st, and directly, someone from Zionsville mentioned that football is in serious trouble and health boards are stepping in just like every other sate.

Ohio is probably done.

This is going down everywhere in the Columbus area according to a coaching friend, one school after the other. If anything many schools being knocked back to "Phase 1", the reason why, I'm not sure.

Unfortunately, I think all sports are done for the fall. If protocol calls for testing, the number of positive tests is going to be too high. Testing has mostly been limited to people with symptoms or in some cases likely exposure to positive people. Even those tests for exposure are not easy to get if you are asymptomatic. If we increase testing the number of asymptomatic carriers, especially young people, is going to increase dramatically. They are potential carriers and they will not be allowed to play and shut down teams. The horse is out of the barn at this time and all we can do is control the spread until we get a vaccine.

Expect the Supreme Leader to come out tomorrow and NOT shut down football for the year.

They may go into a different sort of practice pattern, whether it be an atlernating schedule, or no two a days, since there will be extra weeks of practice before game 1 hits us.

Week 1 also may get canned, but EXPECT to have a season this year.

That is what my source on the inside is telling me.

Westerville schools just made all their athletic programs go back to phase one. Reynoldsburg and Hilliard suspended ??‍♂️

Great website with interactive map to show how states and counties are doing with COVID outbreaks--only Vermont is on track to contain COVID and 8 more are seeing slow COVID growth including border states of Michigan, West Virginia, and PA. They use 5 key indicators to determine risk levels for 50 states and 3,000+ counties. Unfortunately Ohio, Indiana and KY are all "at risk" currently.

Expect the Supreme Leader to come out tomorrow and NOT shut down football for the year.

They may go into a different sort of practice pattern, whether it be an atlernating schedule, or no two a days, since there will be extra weeks of practice before game 1 hits us.

Week 1 also may get canned, but EXPECT to have a season this year.

That is what my source on the inside is telling me.

You have no source. This past weekend you said this season was ready to "goooooooooooooooooooooooo"

You also claimed Indiana is "ready to go", more like "ready to NO"

Just stop posting, you make CKnights seem like a genius.

Here is a scenario to consider. School all go back to playing football. A kid playing for your favorite high school comes down with Covid 19, ends up being hospitalized, gets put on a ventilator and dies a few weeks later. Was playing worth it? What if it was your neighbors kid? A newphew? Your own son?

Yes the mortality rate for those who are generally healthy and under 65 is extremely low. However there have been cases of young, healthy people dying. It is not unheard of.
https://www.wfla.com/community/heal...ng-people-are-dying-from-covid-19-in-florida/

I know some of you will come back with "but people die of the flu and in cars etc and we dont stop living" I get it. But the fact is there is still so much that is unknown about the Coronavirus and the impact, both short and long term, it has on people.

This is high school football. Our state and country can survive one year without it. Would it be disappointing for many? Yes certainly. But having healthy, innocent people dying because we had to see high school football just seems wrong.

76% of Covid survivors in one study (2/3 of whom were never hospitalized) hearts were damaged as if they’d had a heart attack--didn't kill ya, but it was like having a heart attack--is it worth the young people who survive after contracting COVID to have a weakened heart the rest of their life??

Here is a scenario to consider. School all go back to playing football. A kid playing for your favorite high school comes down with Covid 19, ends up being hospitalized, gets put on a ventilator and dies a few weeks later. Was playing worth it? What if it was your neighbors kid? A newphew? Your own son?
All you have to do is show up to an Ohio high school and ask any kid who is attending workouts and I think you could get that answer.