Attention OHSAA, make the right call to move HSFB to April 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No just ignorant hoaxers, QAnoners, birthers, or whatever conspiracy theory of the month you idiots come up with.

We can/might/should have football but it will be despite you idiots not because. If you want hs football and a completed season, like I do, what you SHOULD be talking about is supporting schools and supporting masking, distancing, compliance to guidelines and testing. Knowing full well you do not and will not is driving much of the current decision making.
I listen to scientist. Not politicians. Its tough when scientist do not agree.
I pray the below guy is correct.

I will be honest, and you can call me a Liberal Snowflake Wussbag even though I voted for Trump. The information coming out about how this is affecting the heart (10 Big Ten Players alone) is pretty damn scary and I don't think it's fair to have our kids put in a position where this could effect them.
It is not new information. The study is not new. All viruses can have this result. My father (78) caught a virus 5 years ago and has had two serious heart surgeries since. My sister csught a virus and then developed type one diabetes. These things happen.

Good point yakyak. The ophthalmologist turned bitcoin investor and a few of his buddies made their case on chloroquine, astral sex, and deep state anti-trumpism a couple weeks ago on the SC steps. Still not convinced but I’ll keep an open mind. ?

I think my work here is done.

The NFL players who opted out are gone, the college football season is about to go dark and the OHSAA wants to piecemeal the schedules of remaining participants with a 'make it up by the seat of your pants' tournament that is all about the money and not safety to the families, students and schools themselves. If the season is not moved to spring with an April, May, June calendar by midnight tonight, there will be lawyers lining up to play for this fall and we know how that will turn out. Helmets are worn for protection, how can you protect students and their families against what you can not see?
Move it or lose it, time for a uniform decision...
Turn out the lights OHSAA - it's a global pandemic.
Were are they going to make money if fans cant go to the games . That is were they make money.

Dewine will give the go ahead for football tomorrow according to the OHSAA. I posted some more updates in a different thread.

Some highlights:
15 or 20% capacity or 1500 max
60 player roster cap
Home playoffs games. Possibly neutral sites for regional finals.

Dewine will give the go ahead for football tomorrow according to the OHSAA. I posted some more updates in a different thread.

Some highlights:
15 or 20% capacity or 1500 max
60 player roster cap
Home playoffs games. Possibly neutral sites for regional finals.

Show me proof from someone NOT on the OHSAA. Sounds made up to me, but hope it happens. No way in hell they cap rosters. Football would have to cut players. That sounds completely made up for D1 teams.

I’ll be happy to start but it’s very dumb, we will shut down in weeks and ruin a whole season when we could have waited until Spring.

Who are you and people like you to decide what people want or need ?

First of all, knowing the difference between the two words helps. We need air, water, food, shelter. The rest comes after that.
Secondly, I'm not deciding anything. But decision makers think much more like me than you.
I'm able to see and say truths even when I don't like them. Not all are able to do so. Maybe you're in that camp, Bub

Show me proof from someone NOT on the OHSAA. Sounds made up to me, but hope it happens. No way in hell they cap rosters. Football would have to cut players. That sounds completely made up for D1 teams.

I’ll be happy to start but it’s very dumb, we will shut down in weeks and ruin a whole season when we could have waited until Spring.
All of this came from a Q & A with Rugg from OHSAA and Dana Balash from WFMJ. None of it is "made up". The 60 roster limit came from Husted himself, he was adamant about this. They won't cut anyone, they just won't be allowed to dress for games.

Just dont dress the JV players. Not that hard.

All of this came from a Q & A with Rugg from OHSAA and Dana Balash from WFMJ. None of it is "made up". The 60 roster limit came from Husted himself, he was adamant about this. They won't cut anyone, they just won't be allowed to dress for games.

Wait the OHSAA “expects” it, LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Of course they should. I thought someone like the governor or on the health boards said it was going. < insert fart noise >. Go ahead and trust the dumb OHSAA clowns. Learned this lesson one too many times.

Wait the OHSAA “expects” it, LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Of course they should. I thought someone like the governor or on the health boards said it was going. < insert fart noise >. Go ahead and trust the dumb OHSAA clowns. Learned this lesson one too many times.
Just stop already. The Lt Governor has been in contact with the OHSAA everday for the last 2 weeks. Constant contact was the exact term used. Do you actually think that all this detailed info would be put out if it hadn't already been approved? Face it. Football is playing.

In response to the comment above regarding the strict mask mandate in California. I have been working in California since early June and their mask wearing tendencies are similar to Ohioans. Some do, some don’t and its inconsistent at best. I doubt that any example will be a true measure of effectiveness or ineffectiveness because no one can say with certainty that community “A” is 100% compliant in wearing a mask.

so who really knows what works and what doesn’t at this point.

In response to the comment above regarding the strict mask mandate in California. I have been working in California since early June and their mask wearing tendencies are similar to Ohioans. Some do, some don’t and its inconsistent at best. I doubt that any example will be a true measure of effectiveness or ineffectiveness because no one can say with certainty that community “A” is 100% compliant in wearing a mask.

so who really knows what works and what doesn’t at this point.

And it can never be proven because from a practical standpoint you will NEVER have perfect or even near perfect mask wearing when you're asking the entire population to wear masks.

This is why there is little scientific evidence that mask wearing by the general population reduces the spread of infectious disease. While motivated health care professionals or supervised workers in tight quarters can come close to achieving perfect mask wearing the general population never will.

What mask mandates will do is spread fear among the population. This may be warranted if dealing with the Plague but for the covid? No way. The fear will do more damage in the long run then the covid ever will.

The proof that general population mask orders are ineffective is in the fact that the general population will never fully comply. That's the fundamental weakness of universal masking.

Just stop already. The Lt Governor has been in contact with the OHSAA everday for the last 2 weeks. Constant contact was the exact term used. Do you actually think that all this detailed info would be put out if it hadn't already been approved? Face it. Football is playing.

Yeah, I do not believe any of this either considering:

1. Ohio's numbers are up
2. Ohio State and every other college in the state, with guys within a year or two of these players aren't participating in sports for the reasoning of HEALTH concerns.

I can't believe you guys are actually thinking there's a chance we aren't cancelled tomorrow. How many weeks have we gone through this now?

Too easy to cancel, too risky to start. Also, the OHSAA has lied all summer about everything. Husted tweeting from personal account because it's beyond a personal opinion. You people are too hilarious and foolish.

So you are gonna draw the line when it comes to a 60 man roster. What a joke. If you are gonna allow football then you allow it. Limit some fans and that is it. The game can’t be changed. It’s laughable to ask kids to stand 6 feet apart on the sideline along with some of the other BS that was floated around. Just unnecessary guidelines to try and save face.

Yeah, I do not believe any of this either considering:

1. Ohio's numbers are up
2. Ohio State and every other college in the state, with guys within a year or two of these players aren't participating in sports for the reasoning of HEALTH concerns.

I can't believe you guys are actually thinking there's a chance we aren't cancelled tomorrow. How many weeks have we gone through this now?

Too easy to cancel, too risky to start. Also, the OHSAA has lied all summer about everything. Husted tweeting from personal account because it's beyond a personal opinion. You people are too hilarious and foolish.
Probably a good idea not to put stuff in writing because it's too easy to make yourself look like a fool later.
Make no mistake about it OSUs decision is 1000% about money and the president protecting his a**.

Probably a good idea not to put stuff in writing because it's too easy to make yourself look like a fool later.
Make no mistake about it OSUs decision is 1000% about money and the president protecting his a**.

How is it about money? They are losing tens of millions of dollars with this, you get that right?

President is a SHE, and they feel that the possibility of a player getting sick would from that fact cost money, so it's possible. However, they have said it's over health. That has to be a bit of a concern for virtually any admin in the state, any health board.

How is it about money? They are losing tens of millions of dollars with this, you get that right?

President is a SHE, and they feel that the possibility of a player getting sick would from that fact cost money, so it's possible. However, they have said it's over health. That has to be a bit of a concern for virtually any admin in the state, any health board.
Ten of millions lost versus the idea of many times that in the spring with the possibility of full capacity in stadiums. More importantly I would say is protecting herself.

60 player game roster. Easier to maintain social distancing on the sideline. Actually I think the coaches association proposed something like this weeks ago. And I'll bet most varsity teams in Ohio have fewer than 60 players anyway.

Jaws is correct. Schools will have some authority also. The rosters have been capped in 5 states so far. All ranging from 55-60 for the big programs.

Are you that ignorant to not know that myocarditis is a common symptom of any respiratory virus? Its been blown up by the media suddenly as something new because no one knew they commonly get it with a bad cold!!!

Ignorance is bliss.
Blown up by media? The medical advisors of all power 5 conferences take guidance from the media? You are ignorant. Good for the other three to hold out but again you revert to name calling. You didn’t get your way about the big ten so you cry as if what you say really matters. If HS football happens they will have limitations on attendance which I’m sure you will cry about. Keeping pounding the keyboard big man! The name calling is a great Trump impression.

Here's some data to show just how ineffective the California mask mandate has been:

The cumulative number of new cases the fist week of the mandate compared to the last week:
June 18 - 24 = 32,485
August 5 - 11 = 58,532

Source: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/california/
On June 18 Ohio performed 13,821 tests and maybe 100k for the week. On Aug 5 Ohio performed 21,508 tests and maybe 180k for the week.

Here's some data to show just how ineffective the California mask mandate has been:

The cumulative number of new cases the fist week of the mandate compared to the last week:
June 18 - 24 = 32,485
August 5 - 11 = 58,532

Source: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/california/
Any state can have a mandate. Do the citizens follow the mandate? We have one in Ohio and I rarely see people wearing a mask. I get looks when in public since I always have one on. We want to compare ourselves with European nations opening up but they are social distancing and wearing masks. Asian nations have had similar actions and equally positive reduction in cases.

Any state can have a mandate. Do the citizens follow the mandate? We have one in Ohio and I rarely see people wearing a mask. I get looks when in public since I always have one on. We want to compare ourselves with European nations opening up but they are social distancing and wearing masks. Asian nations have had similar actions and equally positive reduction in cases.
I see people wearing them outside, and in their cars, which is ridiculous, and that is in Franklin Co. which has the 2nd highest case counts in the state. So it seems you would be wrong, people do wear their masks, and we still have the virus. There is plenty of data out there that doesn't support the idea that masks help. You are fearful and simply grasping at anything that will help reduce your fear.

Just like gun violence this country is an outlier in terms of COVID. Other countries have it under control, we do not. Luckily Ohio is not Florida, GA or Texas

I see people wearing them outside, and in their cars, which is ridiculous, and that is in Franklin Co. which has the 2nd highest case counts in the state. So it seems you would be wrong, people do wear their masks, and we still have the virus. There is plenty of data out there that doesn't support the idea that masks help. You are fearful and simply grasping at anything that will help reduce your fear.
I’ve been in franklin county and seen very little of what you speak on. Fearful? No just accepting our current situation while others dismiss or think it’s all a hoax. It will improve over time and would happen a lot sooner if everyone would abide by the mandate and social distance. Franklin county has also had numerous bars shutdown for not abiding by guidelines so nice try.

Status
Not open for further replies.