Around The AFCN 2022

Bengals vs Browns (formerly known as the toilet bowl and when played in Cleveland aptly named) comes down to two big match ups. Bengals oline vs Browns dline (Williams vs Garrett) and Browns running game vs a banged-up Bengals defense (esp. with Reader missing). Two dumb a**es for HC's may come down to which one makes the least dumb a**decisions. Bengals are 0 - 2 in the division can't afford to lose anymore divisional games. Very important for both teams to have the lead at half, for the Browns so they can run the football in the 2nd half, and for the Bengals, so the Browns have to throw the football. Bengals 24 - Browns 21.
I'm a Browns fan and I can clearly see the Browns defense has zero chance of stopping the Bengals. Cincy wins 38-13. At least I will be able to go to sleep at halftime.

Browns cruising towards being 3-8 when Watson returns. I, like many other, overestimated the quality of this roster. There are just no vocal leaders, Joe Woods is a horrible D-coordinator, and Stefanski is not a leader of men. He is the smart guy who thinks he has all the answers, but he has no ability to rally the troops. He should be an O-coordinator, not a head coach.

I'm a Browns fan and I can clearly see the Browns defense has zero chance of stopping the Bengals. Cincy wins 38-13. At least I will be able to go to sleep at halftime.

Browns cruising towards being 3-8 when Watson returns. I, like many other, overestimated the quality of this roster. There are just no vocal leaders, Joe Woods is a horrible D-coordinator, and Stefanski is not a leader of men. He is the smart guy who thinks he has all the answers, but he has no ability to rally the troops. He should be an O-coordinator, not a head coach.
If the Browns stick to the running game, Bengals offense is on the sideline. The Bengal's run defense has struggled since Reader went down.

Steeler Defensive backs dropped 4 easy picks last night and a 5th that was 50/50. Unreal. The HS team I follow dropped 2 picks all year. This is not new it’s been the case in a majority of the games I’ve seen.

If the Browns stick to the running game, Bengals offense is on the sideline. The Bengal's run defense has struggled since Reader went down.
You and I know that. But know-it-all Stefanski will try to "outsmart" the Bengals.

Example. Last night the Bears ran 40+ times for nearly 250 yards against the Patriots. Great success. The week before, with the number 1 running game in the NFL, Stefanski ran 16 times against the Patriots and threw 45 passes, because he was so sure Belicheck would take away the run. He would rather outsmart you than win.

You and I know that. But know-it-all Stefanski will try to "outsmart" the Bengals.

Example. Last night the Bears ran 40+ times for nearly 250 yards against the Patriots. Great success. The week before, with the number 1 running game in the NFL, Stefanski ran 16 times against the Patriots and threw 45 passes, because he was so sure Belicheck would take away the run. He would rather outsmart you than win.
The Chicago Bears with Montgomery and Herbert...

This thread can effectively be closed down. This division belongs to the Baltimore Ravens, it’s a lock. The other three teams are pretenders.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …
Oh really? Bengals and Ravens tied for 1st, unfortunately Baltimore has much easier sledding than the Bengals from here till the end of the season.

Well, the Ratbirds did just lose to Jacksonville. I don't think there are very many "easy" games in the NFL. Bengals are really starting to look good. With Chase coming back, and Mixon rounding into form, I say lookout for Cincy.

I say this with no agenda, I'm a Browns fan. I wish all the other AFCN teams lost every week. But the Bengals look the strongest to me.

With Watson coming back, and a somewhat favorable closing schedule, the Browns could get to 9-8 if everything goes perfectly. Which it never does for the Browns. But there is no way the Bengals lose 4 out of 6, even though all 6 games will be tough. 10-7 is absolute worst the Bengals will finish, and I'd bet on 11-6.

It almost certainly gets decided week 18, Ratbirds @ Cincy.

Call me crazy but I bet the ravens have a # they will stick with to not put the franchise in jeapordy of collapsing when it comes to the contract of the QB and are prepared to roll with Hundley.

You know he wants more than tWatson got but those are dangerous numbers to guarantee

Call me crazy but I bet the ravens have a # they will stick with to not put the franchise in jeapordy of collapsing when it comes to the contract of the QB and are prepared to roll with Hundley.

You know he wants more than tWatson got but those are dangerous numbers to guarantee
Agree. Ravens (unfortunately) and 49ers are two teams that can win without a franchise QB.

I have to pick the Steelers over the Ravens. With Denver given the Ravens all they could handle.
Winning on a missed field goal.
I was thinking the Raven would win by 2 scores.
The Steelers game. Went as I pictured. Being most evenly matched. Going either way.

Then with the Browns against a one win team. Was perfect for Watson return. Only way to blow that win was on the play caller. Forcing the pass game. Turns out that the special teams & D won this one.
The offense was only able to muster up two field goals.
Then we look at the Bengals game.
Against a 9 win team. Most would have KC winning this one.
The Bengals somehow has KC number. But struggle against the Browns. ( head scratcher)
For week 14
I will take
Bengals & Steelers

Ravens have 4 of their last 5 games against AFC North teams. Jackson likely misses at least this week. If he misses multiple games things could get real tough for them.

They should be thankful that Russell Wilson is absolutely terrible.

Ravens remaining schedule

@Steelers
@Browns
Falcons
Steelers
@bengals

Bengals remaining schedule

Browns
@Buccaneers
@Patriots
Bills
Ravens

Bengals will need a bit of help from their AFCN peers to clinch the division.

Ravens remaining schedule

@Steelers
@Browns
Falcons
Steelers
@bengals

Bengals remaining schedule

Browns
@Buccaneers
@Patriots
Bills
Ravens

Bengals will need a bit of help from their AFCN peers to clinch the division.
The Bengals can clinch the division if they win out. They control their own destiny.

BTW, if the Bengals win out they are at least the 2 seed with a home game. Likely against the Bills or Dolphins.

Small sample size, but the #1 seed has only made it to the Super Bowl one time out of four under the new 17-game, one-year bye in each conference. But the #1 seed has also made the Conference Championship Game three of four times.
2021 - Green Bay lost to Tampa Bay in the NFC Championship Game
2021 - Kansas City beat Buffalo in the AFC Championship Game
2022 - Green Bay lost to San Francisco in the Divisional Round
2022 - Kansas City lost to Cincinnati in the AFC Championship Game

I believe the Bengals have the inside track to the division. Huntley was 0-4 as the Ravens starter last year.
Didn't Cincy win @ Kansas City in the playoffs last year?

Bengals win out. Should get #1 seed. With the wins over KC, Dolphins, Bill's.
Easy there. That is a killer schedule. The '85 Bears might not win out with that schedule.

Bengals are playing great ball. Go ahead and put the Browns in the win column, but I would say best case is 3-1 the final 4 games. 2-2 possible. Every other team on the slate is tough, and in the playoff race.

Easy there. That is a killer schedule. The '85 Bears might not win out with that schedule.

Bengals are playing great ball. Go ahead and put the Browns in the win column, but I would say best case is 3-1 the final 4 games. 2-2 possible. Every other team on the slate is tough, and in the playoff race.
This is the NFL any team can beat anyone. If Bengals can't stop Chubb and Hunt the Bengals will lose.

The Bengals need Santa to deliver an early present with a Seahawk win over KC on Christmas Eve.
Bengals just need to take care of business win 3 out of 5. Nobody thought the Bengals would go to the SB last year, just make the playoffs, then go on a 4-game winning streak.

The Browns are not a gimme.

Bengals just need to take care of business win 3 out of 5. Nobody thought the Bengals would go to the SB last year, just make the playoffs, then go on a 4-game winning streak.
11 wins may not be enough to get in the playoffs.

The Bengals are better than the 5 teams remaining on their schedule. However, the better team doesn't always win in the NFL.

It's evident that Bengals are the class of the division....maybe AFC. Seems like more and more qbs are getting injured and that's from the more running nature of the position. Burrow needs to be smart and pick his place to run as any hit can derail the team

It's evident that Bengals are the class of the division....maybe AFC. Seems like more and more qbs are getting injured and that's from the more running nature of the position. Burrow needs to be smart and pick his place to run as any hit can derail the team
Bengals can lose anyone on the team to injury and still win even Chase but not Burrow.