Around The AFCN 2022

The Browns are not a gimme.
Of course you are right, but I'm a Browns fan, so I needed to say that to not rile the Bengals fan saying they will win the last 5 games.

Having said that, the way Watson played last week, it would take a massive improvement from him for the Browns to win.

Bengals are good and capable of winning the SB, but so are several other teams. It takes breaks, no injuries to key players and sometimes dumb luck. Just look at the Rams, Penthouse last year outhouse this year.

Bengals are better than Buffalo? That is a unique perspective, please elaborate.
I don't think it's crazy to say they are. At the most important position, the Bengals have the better player. Josh Allen has been passing out INT's like Halloween candy as of late.

Bengals are better than Buffalo? That is a unique perspective, please elaborate.
Without Von Miller (who could be back for the Bengals game) I believe the Bengals are definitely a better team. Even with Miller I believe the Bengals are better. Not by a wide margin but still better.

I don't think it is a unique perspective. It may be a minority perspective but not unique.

11 wins may not be enough to get in the playoffs.

The Bengals are better than the 5 teams remaining on their schedule. However, the better team doesn't always win in the NFL.
It should be with the tiebreakers they hold. There aren't going to be 7 teams with 12 or more wins in the AFC.

Honestly looking at schedules, specifically the AFC East, the Bengals should make the playoffs if they can get to 10 wins.

Last edited:
WTH was Stefanski doing yesterday early in the game, browns have the football at the Bengals 25 yd. line (4th and 1) brings a cold Brissett into the game and has him throw a pass into the end zone. I am glad Stefanski and the browns put Watson in at QB yesterday with Brissett at QB browns might have won.

WTH was Stefanski doing yesterday early in the game, browns have the football at the Bengals 25 yd. line (4th and 1) brings a cold Brissett into the game and has him throw a pass into the end zone. I am glad Stefanski and the browns put Watson in at QB yesterday with Brissett at QB browns might have won.
I think that Brissett audibled to that call

I was listening to NFL radio … on it they were praising what great call Dan Campbell made on his fake punt from their own 30 something … and highly critical of Stefanski‘s call on fourth down … the difference … one worked the other didn’t … if the results were flipped Stefanski suddenly becomes a genius and Campbell an idiot … that’s the difference … does it work or not … personally I don’t think it was a horrible call … just didn’t work … in the NFL each game comes down to a few plays … the Bengals made them this week … the Browns did not … thus they won this time … I have much more of an issue with the defensive game plan and the failure to adjust the O-line blocking when you see your center getting his butt kicked.

The way the nfl is.
Most games are decided by a TD or less and any team can beat another team regardless of record. I don't know why Ravens would be underdogs though with Watson at QB and the browns running game likely struggling against Baltimore with that center the browns currently have. Hopefully browns do win.

No way. This was typical Stefanski, trying to outsmart everyone. "The Bengals know that Brissett leads the league in QB sneak success, so I'll outsmart them." Every week he wants to be the boy genius.
And every week he outsmarts himself, even when they win.

FIRE HIM

I was listening to NFL radio … on it they were praising what great call Dan Campbell made on his fake punt from their own 30 something … and highly critical of Stefanski‘s call on fourth down … the difference … one worked the other didn’t … if the results were flipped Stefanski suddenly becomes a genius and Campbell an idiot … that’s the difference … does it work or not … personally I don’t think it was a horrible call … just didn’t work … in the NFL each game comes down to a few plays … the Bengals made them this week … the Browns did not … thus they won this time … I have much more of an issue with the defensive game plan and the failure to adjust the O-line blocking when you see your center getting his butt kicked.
I agree with you that the bigger issues were failure to adjust the defense (no Higgins/Boyd - so double up Chase) and offensive line.

But failing to get points on that first drive was a crusher, after a solid 3-and-out for the Bengals. I wanted him to take the FG, but did not completely hate going for it, I hated the play call. Too high risk with a QB in for his first play. Run the sneak with Brissett, or keep Watson in and give him a run/pass option of some sort.

But no, Stefanski has to outsmart everyone.

I agree with you that the bigger issues were failure to adjust the defense (no Higgins/Boyd - so double up Chase) and offensive line.

But failing to get points on that first drive was a crusher, after a solid 3-and-out for the Bengals. I wanted him to take the FG, but did not completely hate going for it, I hated the play call. Too high risk with a QB in for his first play. Run the sneak with Brissett, or keep Watson in and give him a run/pass option of some sort.

But no, Stefanski has to outsmart everyone.
I understand … just disagree that it was a “crusher” … it was still the 1st quarter … I would have kick the FG also … but that play had very little to do with the outcome … I think it much to do about very little … and the point I was making, was anytime a coach tries a trick play … it is judged based on one thing … did it work … if it does, they are a genius … if not, an idiot … Campbell’s fake punt was just as risky (maybe more) but it worked … so everyone is happy and praising him.