Are you a true West Sider??

City Hall screws over the Westside again:

This would not add low income housing. It would simply improve the housing for households that already live in the neighborhood. While other neighborhoods get the funding, Lower Price Hill gets the shaft again.

Based on the Enquirer's reporting, the money one group wanted was redirected to a different project being developed in Price Hill by friend of John Cranley. Did I misread that?

Based on the Enquirer's reporting, the money one group wanted was redirected to a different project being developed in Price Hill by friend of John Cranley. Did I misread that?
I just read the article. It is not clear but Bill Burwinkel is known for throwing his weight around. He and His partner, Koopman, have invested a great deal in East and Lower Price Hill but they do not tolerate competition well and act as if they have the Mayor in their pocket. I understand that they gave Red's Deli a hard time when they wanted to construct a new building in an area in which Burwinkel and Koopman felt they should have an monopoly.

I know people said Sunnyside Grill will open 10/1, I drove by there and it is definitely open! Can't wait to stop in for a meal when I have the time!

Construction has started on a car wash at the empty lot across from the Dent Schoolhouse on Harrison.
The Shell gas station down the street, which also had a car wash, seems like they are closing in the car wash and expanding the interior of the store. A Dunkin Donuts there would do very well and I'm surprised one hasn't been built yet.

It's also strange that the Harrison Ave Meijer has never built a gas station on the southeast side of their property. It's a really busy highway exit with only one gas station.

Have there been any updates on the Harrison Avenue Menards? Initially I thought that plan would be dead because of Covid uncertainty, but home improvement stores are still doing great.

The Shell gas station down the street, which also had a car wash, seems like they are closing in the car wash and expanding the interior of the store. A Dunkin Donuts there would do very well and I'm surprised one hasn't been built yet.

It's also strange that the Harrison Ave Meijer has never built a gas station on the southeast side of their property. It's a really busy highway exit with only one gas station.

That gas station is a pain to get to if you're headed west, too. And I feel like 25% of the time the gas pumps were down.

Dunkin is closing all or most of their gas station locations.

Dunkin is closing all or most of their gas station locations.
I highly doubt that, they've been popping up all over the place over the past 5-10 years. One just opened at Sydney and Glenway a few weeks ago.

Edit: Dunkin is closing the Speedway locations only. And 7Eleven just bought the Speedway brand from Marathon, so Speedway gas stations as a whole will soon be gone once they are rebranded as 7Eleven.

Last edited:
Are they going to tear down these buildings at the corner of grand and queen city and farther up queen city ?

View attachment 10443

and what about the white elephant, Lunkenheimer <sp>, on the corner of queen city and beekman ?

View attachment 10444
Hello Everyone!

I found a link from the Cincinnati MSD YouTube web page which shows the continuous progress being made on the Lick Run project up to September 22nd via drone footage.

From the video(s) you will see the above landmarks including a single home with a tree in the back yard located in the center of the construction site. It is located almost across from the old St. Francis Hospital building. I wonder how much money the owner of that home had to pay to keep his home from being torn down like everybody else? It looks totally out of place. Its all good

City Hall screws over the Westside again:

This would not add low income housing. It would simply improve the housing for households that already live in the neighborhood. While other neighborhoods get the funding, Lower Price Hill gets the shaft again.
City Council voted today to fund the project, despite opposition from Cranley and at least one member of Council.

City Council voted today to fund the project, despite opposition from Cranley and at least one member of Council.

Sunderman Voted against this project. She called it increased section 8 housing for the area, others say it’s not section 8 housing. So is it section 8? Will that be up to the owners? Shittenfeld plans to get the $ needed from where?

Sunderman Voted against this project. She called it increased section 8 housing for the area, others say it’s not section 8 housing. So is it section 8? Will that be up to the owners? Shittenfeld plans to get the $ needed from where?
I trust Sunderman (she lives right up the hill in EPH) but my understanding was that they were just improving housing for people that were already in the neighborhood. Waiting for market rate housing to go into those buildings would mean that they would stay empty for ages and would likely be torn down eventually. This is the same type structures as in OTR and I would hate to lose them.

They have done a magnificent job on the renovation. Price Hill Will have moved in. It anchors the other side of Price Ave. Now they will push for more development of homes and business in the Incline District and East Price Hill. The new building on Price Ave that will house the grocery store and state liquor store previously know as Red's Deli is well under roof and being prepared for opening in the near future.

The project of row houses on Price Ave is full steam ahead with all the interiors being worked on. See quite a few Hofmeyer trucks working up there on plumbing and renovations. Should be a nice addition once completed.

Also the renovation and expansion of the Price Hill Library is well under way on Warsaw Ave. It is looking good.

Heard Elaine Chow on with Sloanie today talking about Brent Spence and Western Hills viaduct if anyone is interested.

Have there been any updates on the Harrison Avenue Menards? Initially I thought that plan would be dead because of Covid uncertainty, but home improvement stores are still doing great.

I thought the construction of a Menards was just a rumor and talks stalled.

It was more than a rumor. Residents behind the property were contacted by Mennards.
These images were posted by @ELDERfbfan on St. Patrick's Day 2020. The initial meeting was canceled by Covid and I haven't heard anything since.

index.php

index.php

WOW, 2028 the new Viaduct will be completed if everything goes according to plan. I guess the chain link fencing used to catch all the loose concrete doesn't tell someone to speed this up a little bit?
It might go a little faster if there were anyone--I mean anyone--at any level of government who actually cared about the project. I try to avoid playing the "Woe is the Westside" card and I like to keep the tone of this thread mostly positive, but if you ever wanted an example of how the Westside gets screwed over by the powers that be the perfect example came just a few days ago. From the Cincinnati Business Courier (emphasis added):

The Ohio-Kentucky-Indiana Regional Council of Governments, the area’s metropolitan planning agency, has awarded $40 million in federal funding to nearly two dozen projects in Greater Cincinnati, including more than $11 million exclusively for new or rehabilitated bike paths and sidewalks.
The largest bicycle/pedestrian shared use projects would receive nearly $6.2 million, with Wasson Way receiving $3.8 million to extend a shared-use path from Martin Luther King Jr. Drive to Blair Court.
Other major projects funded include:
  • $1 million in construction funding to replace the Western Hills Viaduct

So in this round of funding, expanding Hyde Park's bike trail received almost 4 times the amount of money set aside to replace the Western Hills Viaduct.

This is just one example of how Westsiders have been sold lies by politicians of all stripes with the lure of replacing the Western Hills Viaduct. We can expect that once Hamilton County starts receiving the additional money for transportation projects from the sales tax increase the lion's share of the money will go to projects other than the Western Hills Viaduct.