Are you a true West Sider??

Good to hear that the wishes of the local people have been worked into the Price Hill Library rehab and expansion:

Good news indeed. Rehab and expansion of a beautiful building without tearing it down and destroying it's history. Another good piece of news for that area of Warsaw and Price Ave. Also if you can chance to ride by the restoration of the Masonic Lodge on Price Ave. The $10 million dollar renovation is in full swing. You can see also where access to Elberon Ave and parking is being put in. More development will be happening around that sight after the renovation is complete.

Does anyone know a Elder grad from the 80's by the name of Steven Kaine (sp?) who is in the restaurant business? I heard he wants to open a diner on W8th across from the Crow's Nest and I have seen signs promoting the "End of the Line District". If anyone knows him, I would like to know what his track record is in the restaurant community and if anyone knows anything about this proposed new "district" give me the scoop. I welcome any business development in that area. I know the historical significance of the "end of the line" but it is somewhat humerus given how the street ends at the cemetery.

Way back when the Crow's Nest had a sign, hanging from the moose head above the bar that said, "If you think it's dead in here, look across the street"........

The old BuyBacks across from Glencrossing by the old Remke/Biggs has been being worked on/gutted and hung a "Crossroads Medial Center" sign. Worried it would be another drug rehab center but appears to be an urgent care type clinic.

CRC is looking for input into the expansion of Oskamp Park. There are two meetings, one on September 25 at Westwood Town Hall and the other at Dater Montissori on October 28. Both are 6:00 p.m. until 7:30 p.m.. It looks like they are taking over some of the old hospital property. Give you input as to how the land should be used.

This might've been covered but what's going in the old Applebee's on Crookshank? Looks like they're doing a some renovations then going to open relatively soon....Rooster's maybe? It looked like a similar logo on the banner.

Does anyone know a Elder grad from the 80's by the name of Steven Kaine (sp?) who is in the restaurant business? I heard he wants to open a diner on W8th across from the Crow's Nest and I have seen signs promoting the "End of the Line District". If anyone knows him, I would like to know what his track record is in the restaurant community and if anyone knows anything about this proposed new "district" give me the scoop. I welcome any business development in that area. I know the historical significance of the "end of the line" but it is somewhat humerus given how the street ends at the cemetery.

Steve Kaine has no restaurant experience. He was a computer engineer for an agency who contracted with the Air Force at Wright Patt. Very smart guy.

i live in cheviot.....whats wrong with it? you too good to be in cheviot clown?

jtk
()

Nothing's wrong with it, just wondering if anyone goes there and if they do, where? Just looking fro suggestions.

So negative. Turn that frown upside down and....

FREE PBOY!!!

do you consider cheviot the part of westwood by the town center? if so, plenty of places. westside brewing, henke, public house for great burgers. also many bars to grab a beer and watch a game. 2 new restaurants also being built near cheviot/westwood. Nations and the Ivory House.

jtk
()

I participated in two things of interest this weekend. Saturday the West Price Hills Community Council (aka Price Civic Club) together with Price Hill Will held a launch of their effort to come up with a comprehensive development plan for West Price Hill. Held at Seton High School the event was an effort to collect data from residents and business owners on issues which impact West Price Hill. There will be follow-up events ultimately resulting in the publication of the plan.

The second event I attended this weekend was a production of Rock of Ages at the Incline Theater. It was so much fun. A send up of 1980's rock, it was a very slick professional production. The band included a number of Elder grads who played in local bands back in the 70's and 80's.

I participated in two things of interest this weekend. Saturday the West Price Hills Community Council (aka Price Civic Club) together with Price Hill Will held a launch of their effort to come up with a comprehensive development plan for West Price Hill. Held at Seton High School the event was an effort to collect data from residents and business owners on issues which impact West Price Hill. There will be follow-up events ultimately resulting in the publication of the plan.

Were there any potential ideas thrown out?

First on my list would be new housing developments. Young families are no longer searching for "starter" homes. They go straight to the $300k houses. West Price Hill is filled with nothing but starter homes.

West Price Hill used to be littered with kids on every street corner. Now there's none to be found.