Are you a true West Sider??

Get out while you can, especially if you have only been there 2.5 years. It's only a matter of time before real estate tanks, you don't want to be upside down and financially not able to move. It's all over the west side, can't think of a west side neighborhood that is thriving.
We're hoping it'll be within the next 5 years. Just have to decide on where we're headed. I think we'll head more west if anything.

Last edited:
crime is an issue almost everywhere. not sure one area where people aren't rummaging through unlocked cars and stuff like that.

i guess if i was really scared for myself of family i'd move to indian hill, mariemont, or a remote area where i would have to drive far to get anything i needed, and not have the convenience of going 5 minutes for anything i need from undies to a new car.

jtk
()
It's a big, big problem in the part of Bridgetown around Lawrence, Aurora, Moonridge, etc. Seems to be almost every night. There's people back here whose cars have been stolen very recently.

Why would someone who isn’t married and doesn’t have kids live in the suburbs? I wouldn’t want to live in Anderson or Loveland at this point either.
Seems like if you are single without kids living in the more affordable west side neighborhoods would be much better than one of the most expensive zip codes in Cincy area.

It's a big, big problem in the part of Bridgetown around Lawrence, Aurora, Moonridge, etc. Seems to be almost every night. There's people back here whose cars have been stolen very recently.
You are correct. It is the same in Delhi. My dad's crappy 1992 Jeep Cherokee that he still drives daily was just stolen from his driveway off of Anderson Ferry 6 weeks ago. Delhi PD found it abandoned 3 days later in Delshire apartments with used condoms and dirty syringes inside of it.

Seems like if you are single without kids living in the more affordable west side neighborhoods would be much better than one of the most expensive zip codes in Cincy area.
Not when it’s less than a 10 min drive into my office.

We're hoping it'll be within the next 5 years. Just have to decide on where we're headed. I think we'll head more west if anything.
I would suggest Vevay. Get a big McMansion on a bare lot that was someone's farm until two years ago. Then buy some guns and home school your kids. Oh, you might want to work from home and, of course, you will have to restrict your dining out options to fast food or some random mom and pop. You wouldn't want to come back into the scary big city to get a decent meal, see a show or go to a museum. Way too scary. Well, who needs culture anyway. Maybe then you will feel safe (but probably not).

I would suggest Vevay. Get a big McMansion on a bare lot that was someone's farm until two years ago. Then buy some guns and home school your kids. Oh, you might want to work from home and, of course, you will have to restrict your dining out options to fast food or some random mom and pop. You wouldn't want to come back into the scary big city to get a decent meal, see a show or go to a museum. Way too scary. Well, who needs culture anyway. Maybe then you will feel safe (but probably not).
WTF is Vevay?

You are correct. It is the same in Delhi. My dad's crappy 1992 Jeep Cherokee that he still drives daily was just stolen from his driveway off of Anderson Ferry 6 weeks ago. Delhi PD found it abandoned 3 days later in Delshire apartments with used condoms and dirty syringes inside of it.
Just curious... what is your interest in this thread? Are you just here to tell west siders how bad their neighborhood is?

Vevay is a nice town, so is Rising Sun but both those places are pretty far from Elder High School
When you are scared and running away from scary things, nowhere is too far to run. Personally, I have never run away from anything. The only running I do is on W8th, between Overlook and Elberon and I do that for fitness. That in and of itself might be too scary for SC.,

When you are scared and running away from scary things, nowhere is too far to run. Personally, I have never run away from anything. The only running I do is on W8th, between Overlook and Elberon and I do that for fitness. That in and of itself might be too scary for SC.,
SC didn’t insult your neighborhood, don’t take it so personally. There’s nothing wrong with moving, especially into something bigger to accommodate a growing family

The “scared and running away” part is where we differentiate I reckon. I don’t believe this younger guy and his family are “scared” or “running away” from an environment that they don’t feel is best for them and their children. I know you are a Price Hill blow hard and get upset when people don’t see or do things the same way as you think they should. Really strange that a Republican like yourself doesn’t believe in people making the best decisions for themselves!

Sounds like he got hit by Dirty Mike and the Boys.

SC didn’t insult your neighborhood, don’t take it so personally. There’s nothing wrong with moving, especially into something bigger to accommodate a growing family

Mojo way to arrogant and biased. His way or the highway! Think he to arrogant to move when he gets shot (I hope this doesn’t really happen) or beat up jogging on 8th&Elberon?

Mojo way to arrogant and biased. His way or the highway! Think he to arrogant to move when he gets shot (I hope this doesn’t really happen) or beat up jogging on 8th&Elberon?
I don’t think it’s arrogance. He’s got an emotional attachment to his neighborhood, which I respect. However, he can’t be impartial when talking about PH.

I don’t think it’s arrogance. He’s got an emotional attachment to his neighborhood, which I respect. However, he can’t be impartial when talking about PH.

I think it’s arrogance after reading his posts directed at SC. Oh well nothing like a Price Hill blow hard!

I think it’s arrogance after reading his posts directed at SC. Oh well nothing like a Price Hill blow hard!
It’s not arrogance, CinciFB is arrogant. He legitimately cares about PH, but he just can’t separate his emotions from any kind of argument.

Just curious... what is your interest in this thread? Are you just here to tell west siders how bad their neighborhood is?
I was only trying to say that the issues on the West Side are not normal. Putting up with regular property crime, increasing Section 8, and lagging infrastructure, business development is not how solid middle class neighborhoods should be. I used to staunchly defend the area too and criticize anyone who left because "it isn't that bad." Now after living in another area of town, I was blinded by my emotional connection to the area. The entire West Side deserves better and the local governments have failed on monumental levels. People have become numb to it all over the West Side. As a result, we have seen school quality decrease and property values that fail to keep up with the rest of the Tri-state. It saddens me most weekends when I visit my family to see what has happened to my childhood neighborhoods that I have such fond memories of.

The “scared and running away” part is where we differentiate I reckon. I don’t believe this younger guy and his family are “scared” or “running away” from an environment that they don’t feel is best for them and their children. I know you are a Price Hill blow hard and get upset when people don’t see or do things the same way as you think they should. Really strange that a Republican like yourself doesn’t believe in people making the best decisions for themselves!

Who said I was a Republican? I generally support Republicans in national elections, but, I am very much an independent and have supported many Democrats and Charter Party candidates in the past. I don't know what a "Price Hill blow hard" is. Is that a thing? Please explain and give other examples. I do not care where anyone moves to. That is their prerogative. I, on my part, and for my family, believe strongly in building a diverse, caring and culturally rich community. That is not something that can be created over night, nor is it something that can simply be picked up and moved somewhere else. I have that in West Price Hill and that is why I moved there from Delhi almost forty years ago. I believe that is why of my two oldest children, one has spent a great deal of money to purchase a city view home in East Price Hill, near Buddy LaRosa's place and the other has just purchased a home in the Westwood area. The other two still live at home and are engaged in the West Price Hill community coaching youth sports.

If you do not want your children to grow up in a diverse, caring and culturally rich community, then so be it. My personal opinion is that they will be ill served growing up in a sterile, homogeneous, "white bread" community.

Why might I ask, would anyone live in a community which they are not "emotionally attached to". That is the difference between "living" in a community and simply "staying" someplace (which is a common problem in our country). I choose to be part of a living breathing community with its warts and all, rather than just hanging my hat somewhere.

Again, what is a "Price Hill blow hard" and please give examples?

I hope I made myself clear before. I do not buy or sell drugs and I am faithful to my wife, so I am not screwing someone else's girlfriend. That being the case, it is extremely unlikely that I will get shot or beat up anywhere on W8th or Elberon. You may see a number of people (white people who look like you and in many ways live like you live) jogging on W8th and Elberon every day. Don Driehaus and myself are just two of the many. Please give examples where random grown men and women have been shot or beat up anywhere in that vicinity who were not engaged in criminal activity themselves.

I’m not emotionally attached to my community, I care way more about the westside bc it’s highly impactful on Elder. I just don’t live there bc there’s no reason to w/o having a family. There’s also no reason to live in Loveland, Anderson, Mason, West Chester, etc, if you don’t have a family.

Someone's being a little dramatic. We very much enjoy the city and going downtown. Lived downtown our first year of marriage. Don't feel unsafe where we live, but think it's beyond reasonable to want to live in an area that's less prone to having personal property being damaged or stolen. You sure seem awfully upset over me though. Prayers 4 u.

Who said I was a Republican? I generally support Republicans in national elections, but, I am very much an independent and have supported many Democrats and Charter Party candidates in the past. I don't know what a "Price Hill blow hard" is. Is that a thing? Please explain and give other examples. I do not care where anyone moves to. That is their prerogative. I, on my part, and for my family, believe strongly in building a diverse, caring and culturally rich community. That is not something that can be created over night, nor is it something that can simply be picked up and moved somewhere else. I have that in West Price Hill and that is why I moved there from Delhi almost forty years ago. I believe that is why of my two oldest children, one has spent a great deal of money to purchase a city view home in East Price Hill, near Buddy LaRosa's place and the other has just purchased a home in the Westwood area. The other two still live at home and are engaged in the West Price Hill community coaching youth sports.

If you do not want your children to grow up in a diverse, caring and culturally rich community, then so be it. My personal opinion is that they will be ill served growing up in a sterile, homogeneous, "white bread" community.

Why might I ask, would anyone live in a community which they are not "emotionally attached to". That is the difference between "living" in a community and simply "staying" someplace (which is a common problem in our country). I choose to be part of a living breathing community with its warts and all, rather than just hanging my hat somewhere.

Again, what is a "Price Hill blow hard" and please give examples?

I hope I made myself clear before. I do not buy or sell drugs and I am faithful to my wife, so I am not screwing someone else's girlfriend. That being the case, it is extremely unlikely that I will get shot or beat up anywhere on W8th or Elberon. You may see a number of people (white people who look like you and in many ways live like you live) jogging on W8th and Elberon every day. Don Driehaus and myself are just two of the many. Please give examples where random grown men and women have been shot or beat up anywhere in that vicinity who were not engaged in criminal activity themselves.
I know Don. Have known his family for 20+ years from going to school with his son. The difference between you and him (from what I can tell on here), is that Don and his family are very kind, caring people who have never seemed to judge anyone over something as trivial as the topic at hand. And if you think that living on or around Carnation Avenue is living somewhere "diverse, caring and culturally rich," then you're clearly not paying attention to the people that live there. I grew up on Fisk Ave and spent a lot of time running around the Carnation/Overlook area because a majority of my friends lived over there; at that time, it was just as "white bread" as the communities you're sh*tting on and it seems to me that the majority of the people that lived there 15-20 years ago still live there, aka, white, Catholic families. So please miss me with the "diverse" talk.

Good for you that you partake in your community like that. We consider our friends and family be our community and where we live doesn't affect that. Our kids aren't gonna be sheltered just because they live in a certain area. You don't have to live a certain somewhere to give your kids a diverse upbringing or have them understand or partake in "culturally rich" events/activities.

We work for the things we have and if we want to live in an area where those things are less likely to be damaged or stolen, that's our prerogative. I know we'll be happy and focused on us while you continue to be a miserable person over something that doesn't affect you in any way.

I know Don. Have known his family for 20+ years from going to school with his son. The difference between you and him (from what I can tell on here), is that Don and his family are very kind, caring people who have never seemed to judge anyone over something as trivial as the topic at hand. And if you think that living on or around Carnation Avenue is living somewhere "diverse, caring and culturally rich," then you're clearly not paying attention to the people that live there. I grew up on Fisk Ave and spent a lot of time running around the Carnation/Overlook area because a majority of my friends lived over there; at that time, it was just as "white bread" as the communities you're sh*tting on and it seems to me that the majority of the people that lived there 15-20 years ago still live there, aka, white, Catholic families. So please miss me with the "diverse" talk.
Sorry my friend. You do not have a clue. I am very involved in the West Price Hill Community and in both of the West Price Hill parishes (as well as those in East Price Hill). I know of at least three section 8 properties on Carnation Avenue and at least four African-American families, one of which lives within three doors of Don and Cyndy's house. By the way, there was a long time gay couple who lived in the house at the southwest corner of Carnation and Hermosa until Dave, the African-American half of this mixed-race gay couple, died. They were very involved in their streets' social fabric and very well loved by their neighbors and their fellow parishioners at St. William. So, add in the good Catholic Hispanics in the neighborhood, most of whom send their kids to St. William or St. Teresa for school and you will find that West Price Hill has become a very diverse neighborhood. I am sure that you would find all of that objectionable.

Scanned through this quickly so maybe I missed something, however I think that area of Bridgetown or Green Township, Moonridge and the streets off it are in for a similar course that much of Delhi East of Anderson Ferry is headed towards. They are all on the course to be very low income housing due to the fact those houses are not appealing at all to homebuyers. Most are a bit tight for a family of 4, they are also all built nearly identical and not appealing to the eye. I have always thought that is the distinct advantage Price Hill has over these neighborhoods. Price Hill and its old homes are being gobbled up right now and remodeled because there is a high demand for them. People like the architecture of Price Hill much more than they do the houses in Bridgetown your speaking of.