Are students who attend boarding school able to qualify for the state XC meet?

RunOrDIE

Ive been looking into some boarding schools id maybe like to go to in ohio, but after checking their past meet schedules i havent seen any conference, district, regional, or state meets on there. Does this mean if you go to boarding school you arent even able to qualify for the state meet? Its been my dream of qualifying and this would be a deal breaker for me.

Unless the boarding school is a member of the OHSAA, I believe you would not get to participate in an OHSAA tournament.

Gates Mills Gilmour Academy is a boarding school located in NE Ohio just outside of Cleveland. We have one of the top track/XC programs in the last 8 or 9 years. We have finished first or second in boys, girls, track/xc 7 times during that peroid . Feel free to private message me and I can connect you with our admissions office. Two other boarding schools in the NE Ohio area are Western Reserve Academy located in Hudson and Andrews-Osborn located in Willoughby, but, neither school is a member of the Ohsaa.

Don't you have to be a resident of Ohio (as opposed to an out of state enrollee at an Ohio boarding school)?