Are Schools to only play conference games???

HiTime

I saw one of the guidelines is "reduce or eliminate contact frequency of athletes outside your league or conference."

Does that mean no Non League game or showcase events with teams from around the state. Because that is just wrong. Take teams like Hiland that will only have 1 maybe 2 close league games all year. Most will be 30+. How is just playing in that league supposed to get them ready for tournaments?
And on the girls side the Classic in the Country brings the best teams from Around the State and a few from outside the state, will that be allowed to be played???

wack7

maybe they will have to come to Malvern again I think the Hawks have only been to the east side of Malvern once

wack7

I saw one of the guidelines is "reduce or eliminate contact frequency of athletes outside your league or conference."

Does that mean no Non League game or showcase events with teams from around the state. Because that is just wrong. Take teams like Hiland that will only have 1 maybe 2 close league games all year. Most will be 30+. How is just playing in that league supposed to get them ready for tournaments?
And on the girls side the Classic in the Country brings the best teams from Around the State and a few from outside the state, will that be allowed to be played???
I bet Mark won't like your comments Ridgewood Garaway SV and TV that's 8 conference games that I doubt will be blowouts if you're talking about girls you're on the wrong site

HiTime

No I'm talking about the boys. The girls will have 1 or 2 league games under 50+ maybe 60.

But back to the main point. Will there be non league games?

Rashaad

No I'm talking about the boys. The girls will have 1 or 2 league games under 50+ maybe 60.

But back to the main point. Will there be non league games?
Based upon my understanding full schedules will be played provided games are not canceled due to the virus.

bucksman

That is a recommendation, and not a policy edict.

Some leagues may choose to go that direction, as they did in fall, others will not.