ARCHBISHOP HOBAN VS BARBERTON

Grepneff4545Bubba

What are your thoughts of this match up? Does, Barberton have a chance? Can Barberton beat Hoban? Prediction of winner and score?

Hoban is heavily favored here. Drew Pasteur puts a 5-TD win as likely in his metrics. Maybe 49-14?

Barberton has a good balanced team, but their defense is unlikely to stop Hoban's running attack with Lamar Sperling (same issue most of Hoban's other opponents have had).

A Barberton win here would be a HUGE Summit county upset. One that Barberton is certainly capable of, but it's not expected.

Looks like it will be a bit warmer than the last time these two met in the playoffs.

My brother went with his crew. Game was a regional final at Green HS. Hoban won handily, but my brother said it took him 3 days to thaw out.

As much as it pains me to say this, Hoban by a TON

Any update on how healthy Hoban's defense is? Rumor had it that the Ed's beatdown left the Knights with some nagging injuries.

Sure, Hoban will win this game going away, but Barberton hot sauce will always be a winner.

The Magics have come so far in the last few years, they are a good story.

This will be the 20th meeting in football between Barberton and Hoban and the second time the squads have met in the playoffs. The Magics hold a 10-9 advantage historically. The two programs squared-off regularly from 1958 though 1976, a portion of which time they both competed in the rugged NEO Conference. The series was fairly even from 1958-70 (DNP in 1966-68) before the Magics reeled-off six straight wins from 1971-76. The Knights have won the last three match-ups; 2013, 2014 and the D2 R5 Final in 2017.

University of Hoban = Cheaters

But then again, the OHSAA as a whole are a bunch of criminals as well.

Wow, lol. Are Hoban "Cheaters" or "Criminals"? Or both?

Nothing but respect for the Barberton program. Sorry its not mutual in this case, but I understand.

I'm guessing Hoban continues to roll, by at least 3 TD's. No one has been able to stop Sperling all season (still had 157 yards and 2 TD's against St. Edward) and Hoban just has too many ways to beat most teams.