AP Poll

How is Princeton not Ranked in State wow 13 wins in a row

They will be soon. Starting out 1-3 hurt them when it comes to state rankings, with a lot of teams in the top 10 with 0 losses or 1 loss. If they win their last 5 games putting them at 19-3, they should be ranked soon.

The question I have is Princeton the best D1 team in the Cincinnati area behind Mt. Notre Dame. Or could it be Loveland, Walnut Hills, or West Clermont

The AP poll is a joke - outside of the top couple teams in each division that are there every year (Africentric, Mount ND, Hiland, etc) the AP doesn't know or pay attention to which teams are actually good. I don't blame OHSAA or the polls for this, there are just too many teams to keep track of IMO, so they go solely off reputation. Lookout for Laurel in D2, at 6 they are underrated and look for Dalton (unranked :unsure:) in D4 to make some noise - I wouldn't be shocked to see them win the whole thing. Back-to-back regional team that is a lot better than the previous 2 years...... Currently 15-1 with only loss coming on the 1st game of the season to Berea on a neutral court...

They will be soon. Starting out 1-3 hurt them when it comes to state rankings, with a lot of teams in the top 10 with 0 losses or 1 loss. If they win their last 5 games putting them at 19-3, they should be ranked soon.

The question I have is Princeton the best D1 team in the Cincinnati area behind Mt. Notre Dame. Or could it be Loveland, Walnut Hills, or West Clermont
I would put them 3 behind MND and Loveland who assistant coach is a former vike player , Wc is scary because of coaching Click is good

Hey Bull Elk, What is up with the Lady Elks? I am a friend of one of the player’s family and the family’s complaint is substitutions. I know that they lost some good seniors, last year.

Have a good weekend.
I have no insight into the substitutions by the coach of the Lady Elks, but should add that I have only been to 3 or so games this season.

btw, mercy mcauley just beat kettering fairmont by 10 today. lol. they have a mcdonalds all american and only lost 1 game on the year.

crazy season.

jtk
()

btw, mercy mcauley just beat kettering fairmont by 10 today. lol. they have a mcdonalds all american and only lost 1 game on the year.

crazy season.

jtk
()
Exactly been saying it all year! Crazy things are happening and anyone can have a weird night!

MM loses by 35 and looks awful vs MND the second time around, then goes north and Beat Fairmont?? Parity! I love it!

A better question may be outside of Wayne, are the Dayton top teams overrated compared to Cincy. Back to Back weeks a top team from Dayton matches up with a top team from Cincinnati and goes away with a loss.

Loveland over Springboro
Mercy McAuley over Fairmont

They also lost by 11 earlier in the year to Loveland, Lost to West Clermont and lost to avg Westerville team last week? It's called any given night!
True. Walnut Hills is still without top player Sean Kelly Darks, leading the conference in scoring, who is still not cleared of concussion protocol. Loveland beat Walnut with Darks. Walnut lost to WC and Westerville North without Darks, yet beat Loveland. If Darks plays those games, Walnut doesn't lose to WC or Westerville. Loveland, when playing good, is legit.

I was actually at the Princeton/Oak Hills game. Pretty good game. Oak Hills surprised me. Princeton was beating Oak Hills 25-9 at the end of the first quarter. Have to give the Highlanders some props; they never quit and never went into panic mode, even when down 16 points. Their staff did a great job coaching them up and their zone really frustrated the Vikings. They did a great job taking Oldacre the big post out of the game, played solid defense and made big shots. Loved their game plan and they appear to be very well coached from what I saw. Heck, if they didnt turn the ball over so much in the first half they would have won by 10-15 points. Dont think Williams would have made that much difference. They have played the top teams in the GMC tough all season if you look at the quarter scores. Oak Hills is scrappy and has one phenomenal player, Dy'Jhanik Armfield, and a cast of solid role players. They just have absolutely ZERO height or inside players. They won't go too far in tourney, but I can see them beating someone pretty good and giving teams a run for their money. But the parity has made for good season for girls in Cincy!

I was actually at the Princeton/Oak Hills game. Pretty good game. Oak Hills surprised me. Princeton was beating Oak Hills 25-9 at the end of the first quarter. Have to give the Highlanders some props; they never quit and never went into panic mode, even when down 16 points. Their staff did a great job coaching them up and their zone really frustrated the Vikings. They did a great job taking Oldacre the big post out of the game, played solid defense and made big shots. Loved their game plan and they appear to be very well coached from what I saw. Heck, if they didnt turn the ball over so much in the first half they would have won by 10-15 points. Dont think Williams would have made that much difference. They have played the top teams in the GMC tough all season if you look at the quarter scores. Oak Hills is scrappy and has one phenomenal player, Dy'Jhanik Armfield, and a cast of solid role players. They just have absolutely ZERO height or inside players. They won't go too far in tourney, but I can see them beating someone pretty good and giving teams a run for their money. But the parity has made for good season for girls in Cincy!
I believe Williams makes a difference when having someone who can get a bucket by herself. She was MVP of their game against Solon in CITC and I don't see many on that Princeton team who can consistently get a bucket at the rim, instead of shooting long 3s. Turnovers were a big key and I believe Williams would've helped negate some of those. But, I do gotta give Oak Hills the credit. They came back and won the game. Armfield is a beast and underrated. Kid can flat out play. Big win for Oak Hills and this win may have paved the way for West to win the GMC. Toughest game they have left is with Sycamore, who they already beat by 21. Interesting season.

Why does Mason and West not play again? That doesn't seem fair to Princeton.
Its odd. Seems like, in the GMC, there's always one team that plays each other once. This year, it's Mason. Last year, West played Princeton once. Year before that, only played Fairfield once. So odd. Bad year for the West/Mason "playing only once" year when Princeton could use the help, even though West did just beat them. Really odd. But oh well, that Princeton loss may have cost them at least a share of the league title, although, Princeton plays Mason on Wednesday. Princeton did beat them by 10 in their 1st meeting. Freshman Margo Mattes shot a dreadful 2-15 that game. Don't think that will happen again. And Megan Wagner will play this time around. Princeton is still super talented, with freshman Sole Williams pacing Princeton with 15 that 1st time around, so this should be an excellent game. May go to that game to see it. Barring any surprises, this game will be for 2nd place.