AP News is a joke

Again, you are obfuscating.

Pay attention now: I have never said anything in this thread about the AP. That includes expressing any opinion about the AP. Yet you refuse to acknowledge that which is visible under your nose.

This is not new info. This is not a point of debate. It's on the record. You've shown again and again you can't accept this truth. And instead of admitting you ascribed something to me falsely, you repeat another irrelevancy or create a new one with each reply. The web you've created is now tangled beyond belief.

And now you add yet another false "must-be-one-or-the-other" challenges, along with another ad hominem smokescreen by questioning my intelligence. I guess you believe that somehow gives weight to your false claim. I chuckled mirthlessly when I read that, because you keep piling up more distractions as if that makes your falsehood less false. I've no wish to take pleasure in your difficulties with the truth. I'd rather see you, as a fellow forum member, redeem yourself.

Re-read the original post that got you all hot and bothered. Report back when you are ready to walk this madness back. Do the right thing and have some integrity, if even for a moment.
I repeat.

You literally wrote the following...."you said my issue with the AP was batsh*t crazy, which was absolutely false"

This means either one of two things. Either, you having the issue with the AP is false or being batsh*t crazy is false. Since I did make an assumption that you are at least smart enough to delineate between statements of fact and opinion without implicitly being told, I assumed the issue with the AP was false. If you are now saying that calling you batsh*t crazy is a lie. That is impossible because that is obviously a statement of opinion. Opinions can not be lies by definition.

Now I am going to call you epically dumb for not understanding the difference.

This means either one of two things. Either, you having the issue with the AP is false or being batsh*t crazy is false.

Now I am going to call you epically dumb for not understanding the difference.
And I repeat.

I expressed no opinion about the AP, and I said nothing about the AP. No matter how hard you look, you will not find any such comment of my own about the AP. Therefore, any comment you make about 1) me expressing an opinion about the AP, and/or 2) assigning any characterization to such an opinion, is false. And continuing to say that I did offer such an opinion is false. You are the only one who has chosen to bring the AP into your replies to me, even though it had zero to do with my original post that you thought worthy of replying to.

Since then you have not had the courage to say you spoke falsely. And you have continued in desperation to throw up one smokescreen after another, hoping to distract from your ongoing prevarication.

The onus is on you to step up and admit in. Any other response on your part is just meaningless static.

Last edited:
And I repeat.

I expressed no opinion about the AP, and I said nothing about the AP. No matter how hard you look, you will not find any such comment of my own about the AP. Therefore, any comment you make about 1) me expressing an opinion about the AP, and/or 2) assigning any characterization to such an opinion, is false. And continuing to say that I did offer such an opinion is false. You are the only one who has chosen to bring the AP into your replies to me, even though it had zero to do with my original post that you thought worthy of replying to.

Since then you have not had the courage to say you spoke falsely. And you have continued in desperation to throw up one smokescreen after another, hoping to distract from your ongoing prevarication.

The onus is on you to step up and admit in. Any other response on your part is just meaningless static.
And as I said, IF you tell me you do not find fault with the AP, you and I agree and I will apologize. Do you find fault with the AP in this situation?

And as I said, IF you tell me you do not find fault with the AP, you and I agree and I will apologize. Do you find fault with the AP in this situation?
Your challenge is false, no matter how many times you try to throw it up. There is no IF. You continue to obfuscate and deflect from the fact that I haven't said one word about my thoughts on the AP. If I had something to say about the AP, I would have. But I don't. Instead, you need to do some self-reflection on the prevarications you've been promoting: Saying I expressed an opinion on the AP that you felt worthy to characterize, continuing to insist I've expressed an opinion on the AP, then denying you said so, and then claiming I've never explained this to you. A grand-slam of untruths.

Still hearing only static from you. The onus is still on you to step up and admit the tangled web you've woven. Any other response continues to be just random crackling over the channel. You know what you need to do.

Your challenge is false, no matter how many times you try to throw it up. There is no IF. You continue to obfuscate and deflect from the fact that I haven't said one word about my thoughts on the AP. If I had something to say about the AP, I would have. But I don't. Instead, you need to do some self-reflection on the prevarications you've been promoting: Saying I expressed an opinion on the AP that you felt worthy to characterize, continuing to insist I've expressed an opinion on the AP, then denying you said so, and then claiming I've never explained this to you. A grand-slam of untruths.

Still hearing only static from you. The onus is still on you to step up and admit the tangled web you've woven. Any other response continues to be just random crackling over the channel. You know what you need to do.
It is not a challenge. It is a question. Also, if you are asking me to apologize for misrepresenting your position, you have to have a position. Otherwise, it is impossible to misrepresent something that does not exist.

It is not a challenge. It is a question. Also, if you are asking me to apologize for misrepresenting your position, you have to have a position. Otherwise, it is impossible to misrepresent something that does not exist.
It is a distraction from the issue, and a failure in logic. What does exist is that you have falsely stated I expressed an opinion on the AP. There was no such opinion expressed, yet you continue to insist I need to clarify whether I expressed an opinion of the AP.

There is nothing I need to clarify. Do the right thing. I don't know if you ever will, or even if you're capable of doing so. But you need to.

It is a distraction from the issue, and a failure in logic. What does exist is that you have falsely stated I expressed an opinion on the AP. There was no such opinion expressed, yet you continue to insist I need to clarify whether I expressed an opinion of the AP.

There is nothing I need to clarify. Do the right thing. I don't know if you ever will, or even if you're capable of doing so. But you need to.
It is not a distraction. Nothing could be more central to the issue. You either think the AP is in the wrong in this case or you don’t. It is one or the other. I am right in one instance and wrong in the other. Trying to keep arguing otherwise is plain dumb and continually repeating the same BS is not going to change anything.

It sounds like you don’t find issue with how the AP reported the story but are too scared to say as much for some odd reason. If that is true, I would be happy to apologize even if you are not man enough to state it publicly. Feel free to DM me.

It is not a distraction. Nothing could be more central to the issue. You either think the AP is in the wrong in this case or you don’t. It is one or the other. I am right in one instance and wrong in the other. Trying to keep arguing otherwise is plain dumb and continually repeating the same BS is not going to change anything.

It sounds like you don’t find issue with how the AP reported the story but are too scared to say as much for some odd reason. If that is true, I would be happy to apologize even if you are not man enough to state it publicly. Feel free to DM me.
No. You are fogging the air even more. Our discussion has been out in the open, let's keep it in the light, after I've cleared out the room.

Again and again, I've made clear that I've never had any opinion about AP reporting on the story, good or bad. Read that again - never had nor expressed any opinion about them. That's right - no matter how hard you look, there is none to be found. Yet you went off the rails declaring I had done so and then added your own value judgment to this fictional opinion, when the record shows I commented solely on the mayor's comments and how bold his declarations were.

There is no "either/or". Are you having trouble comprehending the fact there is no opinion to hang your hat on? Or do you have a mental block admitting it? You keep issuing these false challenges as if I owe you an opinion on the AP. I do not, because it is not germane to the post you've been gnashing your teeth about. The only thing required here is for you man up and pay the piper.

Last edited:
No. You are fogging the air even more. Our discussion has been out in the open, let's keep it in the light, after I've cleared out the room.

Again and again, I've made clear that I've never had any opinion about AP reporting on the story, good or bad. Read that again - never had nor expressed any opinion about them. That's right - no matter how hard you look, there is none to be found. Yet you went off the rails declaring I had done so and then added your own value judgment to this fictional opinion, when the record shows I commented solely on the mayor's comments and how bold his declarations were.

There is no "either/or". Are you having trouble comprehending the fact there is no opinion to hang your hat on? Or do you have a mental block admitting it? You keep issuing these false challenges as if I owe you an opinion on the AP. I do not, because it is not germane to the post you've been gnashing your teeth about. The only thing required here is for you man up and pay the piper.
Why did you post if you have no opinion? Seems like you wasted your time.

And as expected, the AP piece about the heat wave in Portland etc.... came with the obligatory references to climate change etc.....

They literally can't help themselves; so pathetic.

The profession has destroyed itself.

And as expected, the AP piece about the heat wave in Portland etc.... came with the obligatory references to climate change etc.....

Years of Failed Predictions ?

Global Cooling ?

The profession has destroyed itself.

If its the same AP story I read, you are lying. The AP did not reference climate change. They included a quote about the unprecedented heat wave from Joe Biden that referenced it.

Plus, climate change is totally relevant to the story.

‘President Joe Biden, during an infrastructure speech in Wisconsin, took note of the Northwest as he spoke about the need to be prepared for extreme weather.

“Anybody ever believe you’d turn on the news and see it’s 116 degrees in Portland Oregon? 116 degrees,” the president said, working in a dig at those who cast doubt on the reality of climate change. “But don’t worry -- there is no global warming because it’s just a figment of our imaginations.”

The heat wave was caused by what meteorologists described as a dome of high pressure over the Northwest and worsened by human-caused climate change, which is making such extreme weather events more likely and more extreme.’

Thank you for proving my point.

And further, the following statement is 100% bullshi$

"The heat wave was caused by what meteorologists described as a dome of high pressure over the Northwest and worsened by human-caused climate change, which is making such extreme weather events more likely and more extreme.’"

Thank you for proving my point.

And further, the following statement is 100% bullshi$

"The heat wave was caused by what meteorologists described as a dome of high pressure over the Northwest and worsened by human-caused climate change, which is making such extreme weather events more likely and more extreme.’"
That is 100% proven fact. The earth is round you crackpot.

The AP is at it again. Journalism is dead. They included an unsubstantiated quote from the Trump organization on Weissenberg in their story.

"is a pawn in a scorched-earth attempt to harm the former president.” It said neither the IRS nor any other district attorney would ever think of bringing such charges over employee benefits. “This is not justice; this is politics,” the organization said."

The profession has destroyed itself

But not a 100% proven fact like you claimed.

So that means you've been caught lying twice this morning, and you admitted it both times.

Great start!
Sure it is. Evidence is overwhelming, Start another climate thread if you want.

That is 100% proven fact. The earth is round you crackpot.

There is no 'human-caused climate change' .................... even sub-par IQ's such as yours generally understand that. But, when you believed the Russia hoax et.al. I guess you'll fall for anything.