AP News is a joke

Seriously.

This has been explained multiple times in this thread by multiple people.

When a news outlet quotes a source in a story, all they are doing is telling the audience that Person A says X. That is not the same as We say X.
You just don't understand Journalistic integrity. I've read ever word you have posted. It's disappointing you can't research basic rules for Journalism.

You just don't understand Journalistic integrity. I've read ever word you have posted. It's disappointing you can't research basic rules for Journalism.
There is no such thing as "rules" in journalism. You just made that up. As with most things, there are practices that are considered best or standard. Including eyewitness statements or quotes from relevant parties in a news wire does not break any journalistic "standard".

LOL. I never lied. I told you if you did not blame the AP I would apologize. If you did, I would not because there would be no reason. Pretty simple. What are you scared of? Do you think the AP wrote a biased fake news story about this event?
Yes, you did lie. And that's nothing to laugh at.

For the umpteenth time, after I posted what the mayor said, you said my issue with the AP was batsh*t crazy, which was absolutely false - I never once mentioned the AP or any other media source in the post that you got all hot and bothered about. When I called you on it, you denied that you spoke falsely, then compounded the lie later by claiming I never explained what it was you posted that was untruthful, which I did several times before and also here. And now you dare to ask what I think of the AP, as if that was apropos of anything (hint: it's not). The fact you're still referencing the AP as if I ever talked about it, even though I never have, is truly astounding.

The record is clear. You posted falsely, you need to admit it, and then you need to stop prevaricating. Simple indeed, except it appears you have a mental block about being honest about it. It's as if something in your brain is blocking your ability to do so. I pray that barrier will be removed soon, it will do you a world of good.

Last edited:
There is no such thing as "rules" in journalism. You just made that up. As with most things, there are practices that are considered best or standard. Including eyewitness statements or quotes from relevant parties in a news wire does not break any journalistic "standard".
How far the sheep have fallen. Evertime you pencil whip that scorecard think of me. It's only a number. What's a few strokes here and there? Psst here is an article for ya

Last edited:
Yes, you did lie. And that's nothing to laugh at.

For the umpteenth time, after I posted what the mayor said, you said my issue with the AP was batsh*t crazy, which was absolutely false - I never once mentioned the AP or any other media source in the post that you got all hot and bothered about. When I called you on it, you denied that you spoke falsely, then compounded the lie later by claiming I never explained what it was you posted that was untruthful, which I did several times before and also here. And now you dare to ask what I think of the AP, as if that was apropos of anything (hint: it's not). The fact you're still referencing the AP as if I ever talked about it, even though I never have, is truly astounding.

The record is clear. You posted falsely, you need to admit it, and then you need to stop prevaricating. Simple indeed, except it appears you have a mental block about being honest about it. It's as if something in your brain is blocking your ability to do so. I pray that barrier will be removed soon, it will do you a world of good.
We all knew what the mayor said. It was referenced about 10 times and you felt the need to say it again and that was the point of the post? You had no other purpose? OK.

I appreciate you finally admitting that you do not find issue with the AP. While I can’t figure out what your point is, I will take you at your word. I did not post anything false. I had an incorrect interpretation of your post based on the context of the thread. It is was an incorrect assumption. Per my word, I apologize for including you with all the crackpots on the thread that blame the AP wire. It is sincere and noted that you did something seldom done in this forum. You took a position in conflict with the rest of The Cult. For that, you should be commended.

How far the sheep have fallen. Evertime you pencil whip that scorecard think of me. It's only a number. What's a few strokes here and there? Psst here is an article for ya
I’m not sure what your point is with the article but I enjoyed it. Actually surprised I missed it as I am a Feinstein fan. He is right. Golf is a white dominated game of privilege. As such, it’s participants especially in the country’s private clubs or at elite levels of play, is dominated by republicans. At my club, we play a Friday afternoon pot game that has a pool of about 25 guys. Only 2 do not identify as Republican, and only one identifies as democrat. About half of the guys have left the Trump train. They have crossed over into rhino range. I suspect a few voted for Biden but they would never admit it. I’m glad they don’t. We all get along great and I enjoy the debate in the man bar after the round.

I’m not sure what your point is with the article but I enjoyed it. Actually surprised I missed it as I am a Feinstein fan. He is right. Golf is a white dominated game of privilege. As such, it’s participants especially in the country’s private clubs or at elite levels of play, is dominated by republicans. At my club, we play a Friday afternoon pot game that has a pool of about 25 guys. Only 2 do not identify as Republican, and only one identifies as democrat. About half of the guys have left the Trump train. They have crossed over into rhino range. I suspect a few voted for Biden but they would never admit it. I’m glad they don’t. We all get along great and I enjoy the debate in the man bar after the round.
These the racists you hang out with?

These the racists you hang out with?
Only a few I would say are racist. As you have already figured out, I despise living in a bubble. I want no part of being in a community of people who think the way I do. People that do that, are just looking for validation all day long. I frequent this site for the same reason. Obviously, the people on here represent the extremists. I think that group has grown, but don’t think Yappi represents the entire GOP. Per my previous post, about half my golf buddies have sworn off Trump even if they would never consider a dem in 2024.

I appreciate you finally admitting that you do not find issue with the AP.
Another lie - incredible. Not once have I said I do or don't have a problem with the AP, so you have not seen any such admission from me. And you just compounded your original lie once more in attempt to deflect your original untruth. I've never mentioned how I feel about them, and I confirmed it for the umpteenth. But then, you already knew this. And you seem determined to go to your grave pretending these falsehoods never existed. Remarkable isn't quite the word I'm looking for at this point.

I may be a Pollyanna here, but I'm still hopeful that at some point you'll able to admit the truth and stop the lie.

Only a few I would say are racist. As you have already figured out, I despise living in a bubble. I want no part of being in a community of people who think the way I do. People that do that, are just looking for validation all day long. I frequent this site for the same reason. Obviously, the people on here represent the extremists. I think that group has grown, but don’t think Yappi represents the entire GOP. Per my previous post, about half my golf buddies have sworn off Trump even if they would never consider a dem in 2024.
Keep looking down my friend.

Did the AP after it reported what the mayor said at a later time report that what the mayor was quoted as saying was just not true?

But they had no idea and the AP would not lie would they? I do find it strange that a news source does not even know who their neighbors are.

Another lie - incredible. Not once have I said I do or don't have a problem with the AP, so you have not seen any such admission from me. And you just compounded your original lie once more in attempt to deflect your original untruth. I've never mentioned how I feel about them, and I confirmed it for the umpteenth. But then, you already knew this. And you seem determined to go to your grave pretending these falsehoods never existed. Remarkable isn't quite the word I'm looking for at this point.

I may be a Pollyanna here, but I'm still hopeful that at some point you'll able to admit the truth and stop the lie.
You literally wrote the following...."you said my issue with the AP was batsh*t crazy, which was absolutely false"

This means either one of two things. Either, you having the issue with the AP is false or being batsh*t crazy is false. Since I did make an assumption that you are at least smart enough to delineate between statements of fact and opinion without implicitly being told, I assumed the issue with the AP was false. If you are now saying that calling you batsh*t crazy is a lie. That is impossible because that is obviously a statement of opinion. Opinions can not be lies by definition.

Now I am going to call you epically dumb for not understanding the difference.

Did the AP after it reported what the mayor said at a later time report that what the mayor was quoted as saying was just not true?
Of course. Obviously you have never read any of the AP wires to understand any of this and just relied on the propaganda like the rest of you kooks.

.....kinda.

The story is still up if you want to read it.

Trantalis, who is Fort Lauderdale’s first openly gay mayor, initially told reporters the act was deliberate, adding to the confusion Saturday night.

“It terrorized me and all around me ... I feared it could be intentional based on what I saw from mere feet away,” he said in a Twitter statement Sunday. “As the facts continue to be pieced together, a picture is emerging of an accident in which a truck careened out of control.”
You be the judge of whether that's good enough. To me, it is, and it is the extent of the judgment they should make. Whether the mayor, chorus director, or police are correct regarding motive is still not a cut and dry fact, so it would be irresponsible of the AP at this point to make a declarative statement that the mayor's reaction is untrue.

.....kinda.

The story is still up if you want to read it.

You be the judge of whether that's good enough. To me, it is, and it is the extent of the judgment they should make. Whether the mayor, chorus director, or police are correct regarding motive is still not a cut and dry fact, so it would be irresponsible of the AP at this point to make a declarative statement that the mayor's reaction is untrue.
I think you are wasting time to pull it up again and post it. None of them will admit. They will read the wire update and deny it says what it says or say it was not good enough and say that the AP needs to make some kind of editorial or investigative statement. Ironically, that would be one of the very things they about.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you are wasting time to pull it up again and post it. None of them will admit. They will read the wire update and deny it says what it says or say it was not good enough and say that the AP needs to make some kind of editorial or investigative statement. Ironically, that would be one of the very things they about.
The editing work on this was very poor. Let me restate in the most bland of all language.

"You are wasting your time producing irrefutable evidence proving the repeated falsehoods on this thread. None of those who assert such rubbish, will ever admit they are wrong. They will either deny it says what it says, or they will say that is is not good enough, and they must make an editorial or investigative condemnation. Ironically, that is one of the very things they cry about when they talk about journalistic integrity."

How is that?

You literally wrote the following...."you said my issue with the AP was batsh*t crazy, which was absolutely false"

This means either one of two things. Either, you having the issue with the AP is false or being batsh*t crazy is false. Since I did make an assumption that you are at least smart enough to delineate between statements of fact and opinion without implicitly being told, I assumed the issue with the AP was false. If you are now saying that calling you batsh*t crazy is a lie. That is impossible because that is obviously a statement of opinion. Opinions can not be lies by definition.

Now I am going to call you epically dumb for not understanding the difference.
Again, you are obfuscating.

Pay attention now: I have never said anything in this thread about the AP. That includes expressing any opinion about the AP. Yet you refuse to acknowledge that which is visible under your nose.

This is not new info. This is not a point of debate. It's on the record. You've shown again and again you can't accept this truth. And instead of admitting you ascribed something to me falsely, you repeat another irrelevancy or create a new one with each reply. The web you've created is now tangled beyond belief.

And now you add yet another false "must-be-one-or-the-other" challenges, along with another ad hominem smokescreen by questioning my intelligence. I guess you believe that somehow gives weight to your false claim. I chuckled mirthlessly when I read that, because you keep piling up more distractions as if that makes your falsehood less false. I've no wish to take pleasure in your difficulties with the truth. I'd rather see you, as a fellow forum member, redeem yourself.

Re-read the original post that got you all hot and bothered. Report back when you are ready to walk this madness back. Do the right thing and have some integrity, if even for a moment.