Anyone know the procedures on playoffs ?

Yes. The OHSAA has said teams with a bye week in the playoffs can schedule a regular season game if they choose to.

I guess it would depend on what that team's goals/expectations etc. are whether they'd pick up a game for that week. There are probably only a handful of teams in each region with a realistic chance to win state. If you have a young team that's looking to build for the future, maybe that extra game would have more benefit than taking the week off to rest up, get healthy, avoid injury etc. Another consideration could be giving your seniors one more game on your home field etc.

I think some will do it, but not too many.

I guess it would depend on what that team's goals/expectations etc. are whether they'd pick up a game for that week. There are probably only a handful of teams in each region with a realistic chance to win state. If you have a young team that's looking to build for the future, maybe that extra game would have more benefit than taking the week off to rest up, get healthy, avoid injury etc. Another consideration could be giving your seniors one more game on your home field etc.

I think some will do it, but not too many.
I could see teams approaching it like an NFL preseason game. Let the starters play for a quarter or two and then give everyone else a chance to get some playing time.

I remember one season when the D1 playoffs ended a week later than the other divisions. Can anybody tell me when and why that happened?
Someone can correct me on the details, but I believe it happened 30 or so years ago and may have involved Lima Senior??? There was an eligibility issue that resulted in a forfeiture that cost a school a playoff spot. There was a court battle for a few days and it was ultimately decided that the schools would play each other to determine who would get that playoff spot, thus pushing things back a week.

That's my big question. There are some REALLY far flung regions, especially NW and SE. Marion to Marietta in D6? Defiance to Cleveland/Akron in D3? I get it for a traditional 32 team playoff, but something like the Indiana football (Ohio every other sport) district format makes a lot more sense this year.
Same in my school's region in D4 last year. It stretched from as far NE as Rocky River to as far west as Van Wert and Bryan. In other years, it's even extended as far SW to Urbana and St. Mary's.

My school will opt in to the playoffs, but has already scheduled a game that got dropped vs a fellow conference school due to the shortened regular season.

Whenever you look at the county maps the OHSAA puts out with the regions, I can always make sense of them.

I am curious if it will be 4 regions per division or will there be mini regions like districts by location. If there's 28 teams in a region break them down to four seven
mini districts based on geography?

I am curious if it will be 4 regions per division or will there be mini regions like districts by location. If there's 28 teams in a region break them down to four seven
mini districts based on geography?
I think there will still be 4 regions per division

Someone can correct me on the details, but I believe it happened 30 or so years ago and may have involved Lima Senior??? There was an eligibility issue that resulted in a forfeiture that cost a school a playoff spot. There was a court battle for a few days and it was ultimately decided that the schools would play each other to determine who would get that playoff spot, thus pushing things back a week.
The year in question was 1993. Lima's opponent in that "play-in" game, held on a Sunday, was Westerville North for the #4 seed and the right to face Mount Vernon the following Saturday. Hilliard beat Lancaster in the other regional semi, held on the initially-planned weekend, so they had to wait 2 weeks to face Mount Vernon (who had beat Lima, who had beat Westerville North). Because of the impact on the state Final 4, the other 3 regional champs had to wait 2 weeks to play the semi's. The last two rounds were played in near-whiteout conditions.

The year in question was 1993. Lima's opponent in that "play-in" game, held on a Sunday, was Westerville North for the #4 seed and the right to face Mount Vernon the following Saturday. Hilliard beat Lancaster in the other regional semi, held on the initially-planned weekend, so they had to wait 2 weeks to face Mount Vernon (who had beat Lima, who had beat Westerville North). Because of the impact on the state Final 4, the other 3 regional champs had to wait 2 weeks to play the semi's. The last two rounds were played in near-whiteout conditions.

That is correct.

Lima Sr. & Westerville North were in D1, R3 that season. When the final computer rankings came out Lima Sr. was 4th & WN 6th with Upper Arlington in between at #5. I don't remember the exact details but it was WN that got the courts involved claiming they should have had enough points to finish 4th due to some kind of forfeit situation. As I remember it a judge ruled in their favor and then Lima Sr. went to court and also got an injunction or some kind of stay so OHSAA had the two face of in what today would certainly be called a "play-in" game.

The state championship games were scheduled for Dec 3 & 4th but due to the fact that the other D1 regional champions had to wait for the R3 winner to be decided and then play the semifinal with the R4 winner the D1 semis were played on Dec 4th & the final wasn't played until Dec 11 with St. Ignatius beating Cincy Moeller, 38-20.

That is correct.

Lima Sr. & Westerville North were in D1, R3 that season. When the final computer rankings came out Lima Sr. was 4th & WN 6th with Upper Arlington in between at #5. I don't remember the exact details but it was WN that got the courts involved claiming they should have had enough points to finish 4th due to some kind of forfeit situation. As I remember it a judge ruled in their favor and then Lima Sr. went to court and also got an injunction or some kind of stay so OHSAA had the two face of in what today would certainly be called a "play-in" game.

The state championship games were scheduled for Dec 3 & 4th but due to the fact that the other D1 regional champions had to wait for the R3 winner to be decided and then play the semifinal with the R4 winner the D1 semis were played on Dec 4th & the final wasn't played until Dec 11 with St. Ignatius beating Cincy Moeller, 38-20.

Out of curiosity I checked OHSAA football history page. The 1993 Computer rankings for DI R3 are missing. Don't know if that was on purpose or a simple oversight.

https://ohsaa.org/Portals/0/Sports/Football/pastresults/final-cpu-rankings/1993.pdf

That is correct.

Wow-sounds like an episode of Friday Night Lights!

Out of curiosity I checked OHSAA football history page. The 1993 Computer rankings for DI R3 are missing. Don't know if that was on purpose or a simple oversight.

https://ohsaa.org/Portals/0/Sports/Football/pastresults/final-cpu-rankings/1993.pdf

That's rather strange. I know I have them somewhere. I'll see if I can locate them but I know Lima Sr. finished 4th & WN 6th.

Thinking about it I believe WN was forced to forfeit their 1st two games and then there was some sort of dispute about that when the final rankings came out. They may not have been charged with the forfeits until the final rankings were published, not sure.

I know I have the final computer rankings for every team for the 93 season somewhere but the following is in the state title program. It lists the top 7 in each region.

For D1, R3:

1) Hilliard - 19.55
2) Mt. Vernon - 17.25
3) Lancaster - 16.15
4) Lima Sr. - 16.10
5) Upper Arlington - 15.00
6) Westerville North - 14.90 ( I believe this total includes those 2 forfeits I mentioned above)
7) Chillicothe - 13.40

Yeah someone must have removed Region 3 later, because my downloaded file includes them. YTOWN, per usual, has the data correct.

It will be interesting to see what happens with all the D1 Central Ohio teams. I think there might be close to 23 teams, i'm sure everyone will try to avoid Pick Central as long as they can.

I bet they come out Friday around noonish. I imagine the changes will just be minor adjustments to the regional borders. Beau Rugg can do that at his kitchen table Friday morning.

Why would it? If everything is normal next year you've already played your 10 regular season games.
True but what if a coach wants to keep kids loose and playing like when top seeds In basketball elect to not take a buy or baseball teams playing a game in between the districts and regionals.
Just something to keep tabs on as we move on.

True but what if a coach wants to keep kids loose and playing like when top seeds In basketball elect to not take a buy or baseball teams playing a game in between the districts and regionals.
Just something to keep tabs on as we move on.

Outside of electing to not take a bye, I really don't see that happening. And I'd think in a physical game like football, the bye week is just too important.

But I guess if the state gives the ok a team could schedule 9 then play that week.