Any news regarding the Solon, Euclid and VASJ coach openings?

For Solon, I think Gilmour’s coach will get that job.

Highly, highly unlikely that will happen. Also, Iammarino stepped down after interviews already started, and sounds like he doesn’t have an interest in being a HC again.

Sounds like Solon will most likely be going young with their selection.

Highly, highly unlikely that will happen. Also, Iammarino stepped down after interviews already started, and sounds like he doesn’t have an interest in being a HC again.

Sounds like Solon will most likely be going young with their selection.
Why you say that? He is a great coach. Had a stint being a HC before Gilmour and did really well. So he has been a successful HC at two programs. Also his wife is an admin in the district.

Dude is a great coach, knows enough good coaches to build a great staff, Iammarino could be his OC because of their friendship. Believe Imma is done dealing with HC responsibilities but would love to be an OC.

Rotsky to VASJ seems odd to me. He developed a good thing at Euclid. Easier to recruit at these inner-ring burbs than it is at a private school. He likely was one of the most important factors in Euclid building their beautiful stadium...the one that the community barely supported in person at games. VASJ has been using Sparky, which also had new turf recently. Did VASJ pay for that turf or did Euclid? Seemed strange to me that after all of those years with grass, they didn't update Sparky until Euclid built a new stadium.

Why you say that? He is a great coach. Had a stint being a HC before Gilmour and did really well. So he has been a successful HC at two programs. Also his wife is an admin in the district.

Dude is a great coach, knows enough good coaches to build a great staff, Iammarino could be his OC because of their friendship. Believe Imma is done dealing with HC responsibilities but would love to be an OC.

Agree 100% that he’s a good coach and has a good pedigree. I just think it’s too much of a conflict of interest with his wife being an administrator in the building. I definitely think that Iammarino joining him at GA is a possibility.

Rotsky does have interest in the VASJ job. He did not quit Euclid without having something up his sleeve. At VASJ he could recruit the Euclid, Glenville pipeline and god knows where else while still playing home games at Euclid. Does not guarantee anything but it sounds like he threw his hat in the ring from what I've heard.?
Nothing like a plan coming to fruition.

Rotsky to VASJ seems odd to me. He developed a good thing at Euclid. Easier to recruit at these inner-ring burbs than it is at a private school. He likely was one of the most important factors in Euclid building their beautiful stadium...the one that the community barely supported in person at games. VASJ has been using Sparky, which also had new turf recently. Did VASJ pay for that turf or did Euclid? Seemed strange to me that after all of those years with grass, they didn't update Sparky until Euclid built a new stadium.

Initially when the levy to update the school facilities including Sparky DiBiasio Stadium and a couple of ball fields located in Memorial Park passed. The citizens voted for that plan where Sparky would of received a much needed face lift, making it ADA compliant, new bleachers sans the main grandstand, new press box, field house, track, and lights. Then come spring, it turns out the SD changed the renovation plan out of nowhere and approved for a new stadium coming up it was cheaper... VASJ only played a jamboree scrimmage at the new field, but have opted to play at Sparky due to cheaper rent for home games. Don’t get wrong the new Stadium is nice, but it was poorly planned, no bathrooms for the facility except inside the Doc’s main lobby and Sparky’s concourse, same the locker rooms.

Last edited:
Any word on if Solon is closing in on a hire? Rumors on here say it’s going to be the current OC, but figured they would have announced it by then

Solon hires current DC Brian Wisniewski as their new HC. Good hire by the Comets, young guy ready to put in the work. Jake Voigt will remain as the OC, and Ed Bubonics will move back into the DC role after a year off.

Great situation for Solon. Should be a seamless transition for the Comets. Bubonics is one of the finest DC's in Northeastern Ohio. Voigt is a solid OC.
Solid move by the Solon administration.