Anti Church media...at it again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing you are ok with butt humping goats then since it doesn't speak of that in the bible?
So I ask questions about 3 very rational subjects and you jump to beastiality? Just give me your thoughts on the question I actually asked instead of deflecting to something stupid.

Where in the bible does it state anything about abortion? I'd like to hear your thoughts on homosexuality and pre-marital sex as well.

My thoughts are secondary to what God says about those things. You should open a Bible and check it out!

It does not mean they are not Christians.

That's exactly what it means. Calling yourself a Christian means practically nothing. Choosing "Christian" on a demographic survey doesn't make you one either. Living in America doesn't make you one either. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian anymore than sitting in your garage makes you a Buick.

My thoughts are secondary to what God says about those things. You should open a Bible and check it out!
I wanna know what conclusions you've come to on pre-marital sex and homosexuality based on your biblical studies or what you perceive scripture on those topics to mean.

Scripture is clear. Don't be afraid to open a Bible and read it. Doesn't mean a thing if you disagree with me. If you disagree with God, you have a real problem.

Scripture is clear. Don't be afraid to open a Bible and read it. Doesn't mean a thing if you disagree with me. If you disagree with God, you have a real problem.
It is anything but clear. I grew up Catholic, I can look things up; I know what it says and it's anything but clear. And if it does condemn pre-marital sex, homosexuality, tattoos, jewelry, buying land/a house...well, then it's just idiotic

That's exactly what it means. Calling yourself a Christian means practically nothing. Choosing "Christian" on a demographic survey doesn't make you one either. Living in America doesn't make you one either. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian anymore than sitting in your garage makes you a Buick.
OK. According the the my2sense definition of Christian, let me know what is acceptable.

It is anything but clear. I grew up Catholic. And if it does condemn pre-marital sex, homosexuality, tattoos, jewelry, buying land/a house...well, then it's just idiotic

Your first two sentences speak volumes. First of all I have no idea what Bible you are reading. I know there's a Catholic Bible that has extra books in it. I also know that papal writings are regarded as having the same authority as the Bible. Maybe that's where your confusion lies ?‍♂️

Last edited:
From the NYT: With one hand elite liberalism seeks to keep Christianity at arm’s length, to reject any specifically Christian identity for the society it aims to rule — but with the other it treats Christianity as something that really exists only in relationship to its own secularized humanitarianism, either as a tamed and therefore useful chaplaincy or as an embarrassing, in-need-of-correction uncle.

Last edited:
https://medium.com/@omegamenkir/the-tv-christian-out-of-whack-79096ba524cc

A group that often gets exaggerated and stereotyped is that of modern Christians, specifically females. In movies and television shows, they are portrayed as either extremely evangelical and judgmental of all who don’t live by the same rules, or they are portrayed as naïve and silly, with all the subtleties of modern life flying right over their heads. They are also portrayed sometimes as hypocrites, so fervent in the aspects of their faith that benefit their goals that they conveniently forget their actions which break the rules of Christianity.

The Bible defines what a Christian is, does and believes. Check it out.
If you believe in Christ you are a Christian. Over half the country falls into this category. Nobody cares about purity tests or grades. Keep them to yourself.

If you believe in Christ you are a Christian. Over half the country falls into this category. Nobody cares about purity tests or grades. Keep them to yourself.
If you believe in Christ, you will follow Christ. There is the passage in John "I am the way ........no one comes to the Father but through me".

Following Christ means living for him , giving up my ways.

By that definition or "test" it seems there is likely a pretty narrow following, and few are finding it.

But there are many who are taking the broad path that leads, uh elsewhere, putting it nicely.

One interesting passage is Jesus warning of a time after life when many who thought they were living for him were not. They even claimed to have done many things in his name, but he tells them to get out of heaven ( the good place) for "I never knew you".

I dont think believing Jesus existed is the same as believing in him for salvation.

Last, "to him that knows to do good and does not do it, it is sin." To be clear, I know I dont do at times what a Christian is expected to do, and I know better. Not perfect, just forgiven as the saying goes.

Hey, I miss church.

Trump can't even work up the energy to do a fake photo op at a church. He has no interest in church. He just knows it is a good way to manipulate his BASE.

Last edited:
1590332183088.png

After watching cable news and tweeting like a madman he is off to his course on the taxpayers dime. (not complaining as it is better than watching Cable TV all day) Melania in NY with her boyfriend, parents and Baron.

Sounds like he is panicking and setting the voter fraud narrative to explain his loss to Biden.

Your first two sentences speak volumes. First of all I have no idea what Bible you are reading. I know there's a Catholic Bible that has extra books in it. I also know that papal writings are regarded as having the same authority as the Bible. Maybe that's where your confusion lies ?‍♂️
Irony...man complaining about the media demeaning Christians then demeans a Christian belief system.

Old people and unhealthy mask up for church or don’t go. Problem solved. I don’t care if Trump goes to church but he certainly has the right to ask that church services be permitted.

The fact that everything else is opened but people want churches to remain closed speaks right to the heart of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.