Anthony Echemendia

Standing Granby

I saw he was wrestling unattached. Anyone know what’s going on with him? Will he ever see the mat attached? Is his collegiate career over? I just have t heard anything about him since he was charged with assaulting a woman. I’m

I saw he was wrestling unattached. Anyone know what’s going on with him? Will he ever see the mat attached? Is his collegiate career over? I just have t heard anything about him since he was charged with assaulting a woman. I’m
He won an open tourney earlier in the season at 149. He's in the quarter final today against Rathjen from Iowa. Winner probably gets Murin.

Who among us hasn't choked our wife unconscious?
Not that it is an excuse, but his father abused his mother. That often repeats in kids that grow up in that type of an environment. They are effected is some way, with many seeing it as a behavior that is used when angry. Same with alcoholism and other traits they learn in a bad environment. The fact he is working on being a better person and is still married to his wife seems to be a good indication he may have put those issues behind him. You only know if that is the case as time goes on and he doesn't repeat.

Not that it is an excuse, but his father abused his mother. That often repeats in kids that grow up in that type of an environment. They are effected is some way, with many seeing it as a behavior that is used when angry. Same with alcoholism and other traits they learn in a bad environment. The fact he is working on being a better person and is still married to his wife seems to be a good indication he may have put those issues behind him. You only know if that is the case as time goes on and he doesn't repeat.
I call bs on the excuses. I watched my mom beaten. Brother beaten. Grew up with all of it. That gives me zero excuse to beat my wife or kids. I'll root for the guys that don't beat up inferior people and hope he loses all his matches

I call bs on the excuses. I watched my mom beaten. Brother beaten. Grew up with all of it. That gives me zero excuse to beat my wife or kids. I'll root for the guys that don't beat up inferior people and hope he loses all his matches

How will you know which ones were abused as kids and will repeat the abuse when they have their own kids?

Don't know enough about the guy to pass judgement on him nor do I want to pass judgment. People who have lived through stressful situations together and have have been impacted physically or mentally always react differently.
Veterans from war always come back different from when they left. Vietnam saw around 60,000 casualties of war but the number of Vietnam veterans who committed suicide after they returned has been reported to be closer to 100,000. Not comparing this guy to honorable soldiers just saying people react to traumatic experiences in different ways. One guys dad beats him and he becomes a beater. The other guys dad beats him and he tries to become super dad. The third guy kills himself. The fourth guy goes on shooting spree. Nobody reacts to trauma the same way and rarely do people experience the same level of trauma. Having compassion and rooting for somebody to rebuild their life is a good thing.

You can call BS, but reality is that you are wrong. His upbringing may have played a role in his alleged crime. It doesn't justify his possible actions, but unfortunately, may help to explain. The truth is that children of abuse are more prone to repeat the negative behaviour. The studies and statistics back it up. Hopefully, he has learned his lesson and has evolved for the better.

Whats wrong for rooting for him to change his possible behaviour and to become a great human being? Who on this planet is perfect?

You can call BS, but reality is that you are wrong. His upbringing may have played a role in his alleged crime. It doesn't justify his possible actions, but unfortunately, may help to explain. The truth is that children of abuse are more prone to repeat the negative behaviour. The studies and statistics back it up. Hopefully, he has learned his lesson and has evolved for the better.

Whats wrong for rooting for him to change his possible behaviour and to become a great human being? Who on this planet is perfect?
nothing is wrong with rooting for him to become a great human being. For me, Im going to root for the wrestler that hasnt choked out his wife. to each their own.

One coach in his corner wore an Iowa State polo, the second coach looked like he could be a family member. The Iowa fans around us taunted him as a "Buckeye" when he lost and taunted OSU for dropping him when he won.

I'm not surprised; they are some of the most obnoxious fans.
My first experience at a wrestling tournament in Iowa... first impression, passionate and extremely supportive of their wrestlers. Didn't matter if the wrestler was male, female, Redshirt, walk-on, All-American or National Champion... their Fans cheered loudly for all of them. If your name is Brands, you do whatever you want in Xtreme Arena... at one point (not sure if Tom or Terry) he threw a water bottle out on the mat and it slid 2 mats over. The official picked it up and carried it back over to Brands so he could then slam it against the wall behind the coaches chair... nothing to see here. I also noticed at least a decade of Hawkeye Alumni still around the program if not coaching. Iowa fans were supportive of the Bellarmine wrestlers and Coach Shuck but not as friendly when my youngest son chose an Ohio State hoodie on Day 2. Although, we did have several Iowa fans say they hoped the Buckeyes beat Georgia.