Another One Tracked Down (pun intended) - Debbie Williams (Euclid) - OH HS Javelin Record - 166' 8" in 1978

JAVMAN83

It took years to accomplish, but I finally tracked down where/when Debbie Williams set her long-time record of 166' 8" in the javelin. It was at the 2nd of two US-USSR junior dual meets held in what was then Donetsk, USSR (now Donetsk, Ukraine - currently in the Donbas disputed region) on 7-8 of July, 1978. Ms. Williams had been named to the junior team that made a 3-stop tour in Europe. The first two meets were held at Donetsk on 3-4 and 7-8 July. The team then went to Luebeck, West Germany, for a 3rd dual meet with the UK & West German junior teams on 11-12 July. I'm working to put together Williams resume of marks from that season. I've already tracked down her 147' 11" 5th place finish at the 1978 Sports Festival.

Thanks once again for all the hard work you put into this endeavor. It makes the entire Ohio Track and Field community richer.

Thanks once again for all the hard work you put into this endeavor. It makes the entire Ohio Track and Field community richer.
Thank you for the thank you. I enjoy it, and I'll do it as long as the good Lord allows me to do it. I've got tons of databases under development and hope to release over upcoming years.