Anna @ West Jefferson

dude, that is simply not true, I've seen the Burg teams and i know the bottom MAC teams couldn't compete with those teams EVER.... and Anna will not compete with WJ today.... it's that simple
my Apologies to the Rockets... it wasn't that simple!!!

Hearing they won with seconds left on a field goal kindyou reminded me of when West Jeff played Dublin at Dublin when Tommy Spohn kicker a field goal to win it. I want to say it was 84 or 85... that was very exciting to watch as a middle schooler..

Hats off to Anna, especially the coaching staff that had just a week to prepare for WJ.
They were much more disciplined then WJ in penalties and turnovers and held WJ to FG's instead of TD's but WJ did make the adjustments they needed at half.
WJ played much better in the 2nd half especially on defense.
WJ did make the plays they needed to win and make the stops they needed to get this huge win that they needed so badly for themselves and for the whole community.
Yes, this was win #152 for coach B, but this was win #1 against the MAC for the coach and for West Jeff.
I can't say enough about Tyler Oberle, what an eye for the football this kid has, and he is great on both sides of the ball.

West Jefferson Game Leaders
Passing: Tyler Buescher 20 of 33 for 341 yards, 2 TDs
Rushing: Hayden Salyer 21 rushes for 81 yards, 1 TD
Receiving: Tyler Oberle 11 receptions for 238 yards, 1 TD *
Tackles: Michael Pettry & Jarrett Simmons, 10

* Tyler Oberle broke the school record for most receiving yards in a game with 238 yards. Tyler previously broke the record last week with 234 yards vs. Fairbanks.
* Tyler Oberle broke the school record for most receiving yards in a season with 1,083 yards. The previous record was 1,049 yards held by Caleb Vanhook (2017).
* Tyler Oberle broke the school record for most receiving yards in a career with 2,100 yards. The previous record was 1,886 yards held by Zach Williams (2005 – 2007).
Mason Cordetti kicked the game winning field goal with 0:39 seconds remaining. West Jefferson took possession with 3:02 remaining at its own 41 yard line. Tyler Buescher connected with Kyle Scott for 6 yards to the 32 yard line on 4th down and 3 yards to go with 2:09 remaining. Next play, Buescher connected with Tyler Oberle for 29 yards to the 3 yard line. West Jefferson recovered a bad snap fumble at the 1 yard line on 2nd down. Cordetti kicked the field goal on 4th down

Now was I right in my other thread I posted when I said the weakest MAC can play with some of the best teams outside of that conference?

Anna came to play which exactly what I expected. I did not expect Anna offense to do what they did to WJ defense but their motion really gave WJ fits. WJ too busy trying to figure things out I stead of just playing football. To their credit WJ did not quit and pulled it out in the end. That is what good teams do is win ugly. WJ did not play their best game on defense but part of that issue was the effort and schemes of Anna.
Exciting game to watch u ,ess you are a defense type person, which I am but hey it was a win and we move on to next week!!!

Parkway vs Anna. Anna won 34-33. They were on a down year and near the bottom of the pack with Parkway. Normally they aren’t
It was just a weird year for Anna. 20 of their 22 starters on their state title team were seniors. And they only returned 5 seniors for this years team. Nick Marino did amazing work with this team. They'll be back.
Barely.
PW was up big on Anna and, par of the course, Parkway gave up and Anna snuck away with the W.
Not wrong. Parkway had a 2 TD lead and blew it.

It was just a weird year for Anna. 20 of their 22 starters on their state title team were seniors. And they only returned 5 seniors for this years team. Nick Marino did amazing work with this team. They'll be back.

It will be interesting this Friday for Anna. Will see what sort of progress they made from their scrimmage to this game vs Indian Lake. Want to say it was 3 or 4 TD to 1 vs the Lakers, who did have a pretty decent defense this year.

They will definitely be back. MAC teams have done it for 30 years. It’s really something though how they had 1 win by 1 point in conference then come out and win by 33 then give one of the better teams outside of the MAC all they wanted. That says something for the quality of teams that are in the MAC