Anna @ West Jefferson

Should be an easy WJ win. Since anna has come into the mac this was by far their weakest squad.

If you want to proclaim this as monkey off the back type of game, eh. Okay.

I agree this should be an easy win for you guys. Yes it will count as a win for OHC over the MAC. I wouldn’t consider this game as getting the MAC monkey off our backs in this crazy playoff year. You guys should get the first crack at this though with Coldwater. Make it to that game and win and then we’re talking.

Could make a case for Fairbanks against FR but I still believe we need to beat the top teams first.

Good luck this weekend! Go get the WIN

Wouldnt be surprised to see Fairbanks beat Fort Recovery. As for this game, West Jeff should win but I do think Anna will score some points.

West Jefferson 42
Anna 28

Wouldnt be surprised to see Fairbanks beat Fort Recovery. As for this game, West Jeff should win but I do think Anna will score some points.

West Jefferson 42
Anna 28

I would be surprised to see Fort Recovery lose, but I have to get on the West Jefferson bandwagon for a big win over Anna in this one.

I'm shocked I am predicting a MAC school to take a loss in the playoffs. West Jeff looks pretty solid on paper, Anna not so much.

West Jefferson 31
Anna 18

This will be another experience game for a young Anna team. They're good enough to compete and make it interesting. In the end, I do expect West Jeff to win. Something like:

West Jefferson 35
Anna 21

I agree this should be an easy win for you guys. Yes it will count as a win for OHC over the MAC. I wouldn’t consider this game as getting the MAC monkey off our backs in this crazy playoff year. You guys should get the first crack at this though with Coldwater. Make it to that game and win and then we’re talking.

Could make a case for Fairbanks against FR but I still believe we need to beat the top teams first.

Good luck this weekend! Go get the WIN
This will be another experience game for a young Anna team. They're good enough to compete and make it interesting. In the end, I do expect West Jeff to win. Something like:

West Jefferson 35
Anna 21
If Anna can compete in this matchup then west Jeff is highly overrated. Running clock.

Just go play the game WJ. You could win by 10 or 110, it won’t matter. Somehow it is your fault that you drew an Anna team on a down season.

West Jeff by a bunch
Big roster, lots of coaches, kids that can play, community buy in, closed open enrollment to get to D6, High priority on football = West Jeff

West Jeff by a bunch
Big roster, lots of coaches, kids that can play, community buy in, closed open enrollment to get to D6, High priority on football = West Jeff
interesting. however, im not sure why WJ would want to get to D6. D6 seems to be tougher than D5, at least in the SW Ohio regions.

This game all depends on how West Jeff plays it. If they decide they want to be physical(Commit to running the football and stopping the run) as well as play disciplined and error free they will have no issue winning. If they play the finesse style(Throw more than 60% of the time) they played against Triad and FHS(Gained yards at will on the ground fortunately for WJ Fairbanks refused to commit to it) this will be a "Closer than the experts think" game. Best of luck to both teams.

Someone mentioned on here or another post that WJ gets the MAC monkey off their back. Not buying that at all. If WJ plays soft like they did against Mechanicsburg and constantly throw the ball without a running attack, don’t wrap and tackle like they have been known to do this season then Anna will win. Doesn’t matter they are 1-5. They will find WJ’s weakness and attack it. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Someone mentioned on here or another post that WJ gets the MAC monkey off their back. Not buying that at all. If WJ plays soft like they did against Mechanicsburg and constantly throw the ball without a running attack, don’t wrap and tackle like they have been known to do this season then Anna will win. Doesn’t matter they are 1-5. They will find WJ’s weakness and attack it. I’ll believe it when I see it.
Have you seen Anna?

Just curious.......

I think just the opposite, WJ will find the weakness, they have both the running and passing game and use the one that works the best. Just like the game with FB, they could not protect the pass, WJ attacked that weakness. As for defense, Mechanicsburg being the only team this year being able to put over 20 points on WJ. WJ can protect the pass, and will do fine protecting Anna's ground attack. My prediction: Anna 20 - WJ 38.

I think just the opposite, WJ will find the weakness, they have both the running and passing game and use the one that works the best. Just like the game with FB, they could not protect the pass, WJ attacked that weakness. As for defense, Mechanicsburg being the only team this year being able to put over 20 points on WJ. WJ can protect the pass, and will do fine protecting Anna's ground attack. My prediction: Anna 20 - WJ 38.
Rockets ain't scoring 20......

Have you seen Anna?

Just curious.......
No, I have not. I’m basing my opinion on West Jeff’s past track record with the MAC and how they looked this year. I hope they prove me wrong, but I was really, really blown away by their lack of physicality. That isn’t WJ football.

No, I have not. I’m basing my opinion on West Jeff’s past track record with the MAC and how they looked this year. I hope they prove me wrong, but I was really, really blown away by their lack of physicality. That isn’t WJ football.
I get what you are saying. MAC in the playoffs have an amazing record. Amazing record.
Technically these are the playoffs, but not really.
I've seen Anna twice, but this Anna squad is not a playoff team, and should pose no issues for WJ. How bad this score becomes rests solely on how badly the WJ coaching staff wants to really lay one on the MAC.

I get what you are saying. MAC in the playoffs have an amazing record. Amazing record.
Technically these are the playoffs, but not really.
I've seen Anna twice, but this Anna squad is not a playoff team, and should pose no issues for WJ. How bad this score becomes rests solely on how badly the WJ coaching staff wants to really lay one on the MAC.
I think my Alma mater is in a no win situation. If they lose, they again lose to another MAC team and a 1-5 team at that. If they win, they didn’t beat the big dawgs of the MAC (Coldwater & Marion Local) which they have faced a few times in the playoffs and have lost every time..

I think my Alma mater is in a no win situation. If they lose, they again lose to another MAC team and a 1-5 team at that. If they win, they didn’t beat the big dawgs of the MAC (Coldwater & Marion Local) which they have faced a few times in the playoffs and have lost every time..
If they win, they move on. Nothing more, nothing less... Dont look so much into it. Who gives a flip how good the opponent is, or is not.

WJ is not going to lose to Anna. Anna was outscored during the reg. season 213 to 82 scoring 34 points against Parkway. This despite the fact that MAC coaches don't run up the score ( esp. among league teams ).

interesting. however, im not sure why WJ would want to get to D6. D6 seems to be tougher than D5, at least in the SW Ohio regions.

I agree, you can't avoid the MAC in DVI. Although Versailles is improved in DV and Roger Bacon looks legit this particular season. You'll find good teams in all Regions in southwest Ohio, specifically in DIV, DV, DVI, and DVII.

I agree, you can't avoid the MAC in DVI. Although Versailles is improved in DV and Roger Bacon looks legit this particular season. You'll find good teams in all Regions in southwest Ohio, specifically in DIV, DV, DVI, and DVII.

More times than not over the last 20+ years the Madison county line is the cut off from SW to Central/SE regions. So the game plan as I understand it was to not have to play Ironton, Wheelersburg or other good DV's that pop up from time to time in that area not to mention Kirkland in the NE. Same region in DVI you have Adena, Paint Valley, Chilly SE, Fort Frye. Looking at Regional titles and then a the time of shutting down open enrollment I think Coldwater was a 5 and MLMS was 7

I find it laughable that any school would curtail their enrollment for football.