Anna vs Minster

Stirred not Shaken

IMO the 2 best teams in D - 6 are facing each other the 1st game of the play offs. Anna has struggled in the play offs can they get past a very good Minster team ? Going to go with Minster 31 - 28.

Battle of the Urbana MAC boys!

Unfortunate these teams meet up in round 1. I’ll take Anna by a fuzz, but I would imagine it could go either way.

What a shame these two are meeting right out of the gate!!

As great as Minster is, and as dismal as Anna’s all-time playoff record is, I believe Huelskamp and Bixler will prove too much for the Cats’ defense and lead the Rockets to victory in a high scoring affair. Anna will gain 350 or more on the ground.

A - 39
M - 35

What a shame these two are meeting right out of the gate!!

As great as Minster is, and as dismal as Anna’s all-time playoff record is, I believe Huelskamp and Bixler will prove too much for the Cats’ defense and lead the Rockets to victory in a high scoring affair. Anna will gain 350 or more on the ground.

A - 39
M - 35
Agree, I do believe it will be high scoring but you have the wrong team winning. Is it not ironic since these two schools did not play each other in the reg. season they play in the 1st rd. of the play offs. I think the losing team should do the right thing and give up their share of the MAC title after all if the Flyers had not played Minster, ML would be undefeated MAC Champions.

Agree, I do believe it will be high scoring but you have the wrong team winning. Is it not ironic since these two schools did not play each other in the reg. season they play in the 1st rd. of the play offs. I think the losing team should do the right thing and give up their share of the MAC title after all if the Flyers had not played Minster, ML would be undefeated MAC Champions.
that's funny.....

If Anna loses in the 1st round, they will not hear the end of it. But the possibility is there. Minster is a fine football team with a great running attack. This game is a coinflip.

Anna 44
Minster 42

I'm afraid Anna's first round playoff woes will continue. I'd pick the Rockets over every team in this region right now, except Minster. Minster's O-line will be the difference.

I'm afraid Anna's first round playoff woes will continue. I'd pick the Rockets over every team in this region right now, except Minster. Minster's O-line will be the difference.
It was unfortunate that Anna had to play Minster right out of the gate. Rockets lose, some people are going to say Anna can't win a play off game, when in reality Minster is a very good football team. For Anna to win this game the Rockets IMO will have to score 30 plus points as Niemeyer is the best passing QB in the league ( Schmitz from FR just has no time to throw ) and as you stated Minster's o - line gives him plenty time to look the field over. Plus the Cats have Schmiesing at rb and Stokes as HC who IMO is right their with Otten and Goodwin in coaching ability.

If Marion Local had won against Minster, ML would be undefeated MAC Champions.

According to Drew Pasteur:

Anna (#1 in D6) @ Minster (#3) - Lima Central Catholic (#8) likely awaiting in the second round

Also of interest in Region 23:

Coldwater (#2) @ Archbold (#5) - Liberty Center (#6) likely awaiting in the second round

That is some heavyweight first two rounds playoff games.

It was unfortunate that Anna had to play Minster right out of the gate. Rockets lose, some people are going to say Anna can't win a play off game, when in reality Minster is a very good football team. For Anna to win this game the Rockets IMO will have to score 30 plus points as Niemeyer is the best passing QB in the league ( Schmitz from FR just has no time to throw ) and as you stated Minster's o - line gives him plenty time to look the field over. Plus the Cats have Schmiesing at rb and Stokes as HC who IMO is right their with Otten and Goodwin in coaching ability.
the Bryce and Isaac Schmiesing boys have graduated ….there is another one in 7th grade coming up thou :)