Andy Vlajkovich named new head coach @ Warren G. Harding

Just as I thought. When this position opened, he kind of seemed taylor made for it. A tough intense head coach who will go after it and demand the best from his players. He put in his time at the HS level, and deserves an opportunity like this. I wish Coach Vlajk nothing but the best of luck at WGH!

Not a good hire for Harding. I've said it before: he'd rather be a friend to the players and a cheerleader on the sidelines.

Proof is in his overall career record. Awful.

Not a good hire for Harding. I've said it before: he'd rather be a friend to the players and a cheerleader on the sidelines.

Proof is in his overall career record. Awful.

Proof is in his overall career record?
Can you dig up this important stat, since he has such a bad proven track record?
What makes you say he'd rather be a friend/cheerleader? Have you played for him, or just seen him a few times?

I do not know this coach so I have no clue. But I hate when people like USMC wanna throw young coaches under the bus like that. He was at ROOTSTOWN in some lean years. Only great records they had was with Fuline. Not like he took a great job and ruined it.

Some times 8-12 is good if you have 5 win talent. Plus when you have only been a head coach for 3-5 years in Public schools you should not be labeled as Awful based on record. Give him time!

Maybe he is not a cheater like a lot and did not recruit. Judge him after 3 seasons at WH once he develops his program.

Proof is in his overall career record?
Can you dig up this important stat, since he has such a bad proven track record?
What makes you say he'd rather be a friend/cheerleader? Have you played for him, or just seen him a few times?

Just wait and watch. You'll see.

I do not know this coach so I have no clue. But I hate when people like USMC wanna throw young coaches under the bus like that. He was at ROOTSTOWN in some lean years. Only great records they had was with Fuline. Not like he took a great job and ruined it.

Greynolds, Jr. also got his start at Rootstown.

Congrats to Coach V! It will be hard shoes to fill, and expectations will be extremely heightened for obvious reasons. If Coach V sticks to his philosophies, beliefs, and adds discipline, the WGH program will continue to be successful. Good Luck Coach V!

Good hire for WGH. I had hoped Boardman would've hired him a few years back when the job opened up after Cardillo stepped down, but there were some issues that seemed to stop that from happening. Boardman's program may not have turned into Harding with him, but I'm fairly certain it would be better off than it currently is.

It will be interesting to see how he does in a situation where he finally should have a good deal of talent to work with. Good luck to him and the Raiders.