Andy Barba transferring from Benedictine to ISA

Bball216

It was announced via Twitter that Senior to be Andy Barba (Miami,Oh commit) is transferring from Benedictine to ISA (Andrew Osborne). This appears to be a real headshaker. Barba is one of the Bengal leaders and already has a college scholarship in hand, so the question is why leave. Benedictine plays a very tough schedule in and out of conference and there is talk going around that he may not even start at ISA. I fail to see where the benefit is for a move like this your Senior year. I hate the direction high school sports is heading.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart

It was announced via Twitter that Senior to be Andy Barba (Miami,Oh commit) is transferring from Benedictine to ISA (Andrew Osborne). This appears to be a real headshaker. Barba is one of the Bengal leaders and already has a college scholarship in hand, so the question is why leave. Benedictine plays a very tough schedule in and out of conference and there is talk going around that he may not even start at ISA. I fail to see where the benefit is for a move like this your Senior year. I hate the direction high school sports is heading.

His former coach said just about the exact same thing. Is he even a starter at ISA? Parents are nuts.

I'm hearing he is the 7th or 8th best player on the team. How do you become better sitting the bench.

A) practicing everyday against better competition makes you better
B) verbal isn’t the same as committed
C) I don’t like these prep schools either, but they work with what they are designed to do

Starting 5 this year should of been: Barba, Maxie, Busbee, Cobb and Buckner. Had depth on the bench in Abstane, Maiden and Hearst. Plus two quality freshmen (Brandon and Brown), would have made a solid team.
Transfers hurt us.

Starting 5 this year should of been: Barba, Maxie, Busbee, Cobb and Buckner. Had depth on the bench in Abstane, Maiden and Hearst. Plus two quality freshmen (Brandon and Brown), would have made a solid team.
Transfers hurt us.
As I said , kids lack commitment and dedication these days.

This didn't age well . . . per Twitter Barba is reclassing to 2021 and is going on visit to Rutgers this weekend.

No way he could have done that at Benny. The only other school in Ohio that I am aware of that offers a post grad year is WRA and Andy is not going in that direction. Back in the day PG years were for idiot rich kids so they can get into daddy's elite college or guys that really wanted to get into a military academy that didn't have the grades the first time through. I hope it works out for him but not sure that is the best route with his skill set...