Andor

I'm enjoying the slower pace.

Anyone else notice the device they were messing with in ep 5 looked like an old Polaroid camera spraypainted flat black?

Yes, in classic Star Wars style. If I recall, light sabers were made from part of a movie camera. There’s many other examples too if you watch the special features of the original or the recent Disney+ documentary.

Yes, in classic Star Wars style. If I recall, light sabers were made from part of a movie camera. There’s many other examples too if you watch the special features of the original or the recent Disney+ documentary.

forgot about this one:

Qui-Gon Jinn's Communicator In ‘The Phantom Menace’ Was A Decorated Women’s Gillette Sensor Excel Razor​

Ep 6 was some good stuff. Everything is on point, still wish they didn’t chop up the acts into smaller chunks but outside of that it’s been a good ride so far.

Also this was a wartime heist film ala Dirty Dozen or The Guns of Navarone. The Rogue One franchise has the war film genre firmly covered.

Another solid episode and 7 didn't feel as much set up as other 1st's of a trilogy. This show has really grown on me and have it up there with Mandalorian as just good old fashioned episodic entertainment. The best part is it is not parroting the Mandalorian but in fact going in a different artistic direction which makes it seem all the more refreshing. Love that they are not clobbering you on the head with Star Wars cannon either but subtly dropping in names and characters, the security droid confrontation with Cass is a great call back without looking forced. Looking forward to the rest of the episodes this fall; hope this level doesn't come down.

andor-1x07-niamos.jpg

Last edited:
Another solid episode and 7 didn't feel as much set up as other 1st's of a trilogy. This show has really grown on me and have it up there with Mandalorian as just good old fashioned episodic entertainment. The best part is it is not parroting the Mandalorian but in fact going in a different artistic direction which makes it seem all the more refreshing. Love that they are not clobbering you on the head with Star Wars cannon either but subtly dropping in names and characters, the security droid confrontation with Cass is a great call back without looking forced. Looking forward to the rest of the episodes this fall; hope this level doesn't come down.

andor-1x07-niamos.jpg

I'm enjoying it, but I'll admit I'm not loving it as much as I expected to. I can't really pinpoint why, as it's not that I'm not enjoying it.

Andor will have a big advantage that they are already working on Season 2. They will be able to fill the void of House of the Dragon and Rings of Power each going on near 2 year hiatuses to make their second seasons.

Anyone watch any of the tales of the jedi shorts?

The Dooku shirts were fantastic and brought a lot of depth to the count. Thrilled to see some life given to Yaddle.

Finding out that Ahsoka was present at Padme’s funeral was rough. Organa made a mistake not telling Ahsoka about Anakin.

The Dooku shirts were fantastic and brought a lot of depth to the count. Thrilled to see some life given to Yaddle.

Finding out that Ahsoka was present at Padme’s funeral was rough. Organa made a mistake not telling Ahsoka about Anakin.

I enjoyed them but wish they all were more like the Yaddle one where they tied up details behind the scenes of the movies.

The first episode, while cute, didn't really add anything to Star Wars lore.

I'm hoping we get a season 2 or another batch that follow the same format as the Yaddle formula and they tie in loose ends or behind the scenes details from the movies or say Rebels.

Did Organa know? Obi-Wan and Yoda know, but I don't know that Organa did.

Organa knew everything about Anakin.

I’m really not sure about that. Most of the Galaxy thinks Anakin died a hero in the Clone Wars after Order 66.

Yoda and Obi-Wan knew he fell to the Dark Side, but they then thought he burned to death on Mustafar, as we know from the Obi-Wan series.

Best episode of the season so far?
Not sure about overall but the acting and writing was fantastic, no SFX needed just good old story telling done well. Andy Serkis knocking it out of the park with no prosthetic help, Genevieve O’Reilly in a very tense scene, and Stellan Skarsgård with a Shakespearean soliloquy about the ultimate cost.

Last edited:
Guess I'll have to suffer through the first few episodes, see if it grabs my attention.
They are a very slow burn and I will be honest, I almost bailed after episode 2 but make sue to go to at least 3 as the payoff is solid. My suggestion is actually to view in chunks as that is the way this thing has been set up: 1-3, 4-6, 7 (currently the only stand alone), & 8-10. There are only 12 episodes so not sure what 11 & 12 have in store.

By the way a friend said he tried and watch Phantom Menace after Andor episode 6, he had to bail after the 1st 30 minutes. It almost plays like SNL parody and is really needs to be redone. Lucas seriously dropped the ball and something needs to be done to revive this important part of the story.

By the way a friend said he tried and watch Phantom Menace after Andor episode 6, he had to bail after the 1st 30 minutes. It almost plays like SNL parody and is really needs to be redone. Lucas seriously dropped the ball and something needs to be done to revive this important part of the story.

After Tales of the Jedi I’m down for a Dooku/Qui-Gon prequel.