Anderson vs. Beavercreek

Hats off to Anderson. They are a physical, skilled team. And they played very hard the whole game.

Congrats to Beavercreek! Hope you guys win it all!

First thing I said when i walked in was holy crap because every player on Beavercreek was huge and also looked much older and mature than Anderson. I was shocked Anderson was able to stay in it.

Congrats to Beavercreek! Hope you guys win it all!

First thing I said when i walked in was holy crap because every player on Beavercreek was huge and also looked much older and mature than Anderson. I was shocked Anderson was able to stay in it.

We were thinking Anderson looked big. :). Great season and congratulations to Anderson; toughest team we have seen all year.

Was a great game between two incredible teams that unfortunately had the ugly blemish of god awful officiating. The bad calls most definitely went both ways, but the highlight of the night was that awful penalty call on an extremely obvious dive. Tough way to go down. Great season for the Redskins though. Had a lot to prove tonight and showed they can compete with the best on any given night. Good luck to Creek up in Columbus.

I was very impressed with both teams, but Beavercreek I must say looked like they had some grown men playing. This team really looks like it could go all the way. Congrats to Anderson on a great year

Congrats to Beavercreek. They are really good. #8, #5 both great. #11 is a great weapon with his long throw. #10 is really fast. Hope your GK gets healthy. Officiating was horrendous all aroun, both ways. Obviously any crew is going to be bad but these guys were not good at all. PK was bogus IMO but you have to control what you can control. Anderson had the rest of the game to get another goal they just weren'table to put one more away. Anderson could've one that game. They mostly controlled the last 15 min of first half and majority of second half. Hope Creek goes all the way.

I too was shocked at the size of the Beavercreek players upon walking in. They looked like a college team out there. I thought they were much more vocal than the Anderson players in communicating to their teammates about where they needed to be and where pressure was coming from.

Anderson surprised me with their technical skill and their tenacity (first time attending any high school soccer game this year). I didn't expect them to be able to hang with Beavercreek after the first few minutes of play, but they played with pride and their own group of special players, and they treated everyone in the stands to a really great soccer game.

Great season for Anderson. Go win State, Beavercreek. That's a special team.

Anderson’s back four was easily the biggest and most talented group that Beavercreek has faced this season and pretty well kept #13 and #5 in check for most of the game which is the first time I can remember that this season. As the second half ground on, Anderson’s counters with #11 and #17 continued to be dangerous so kudos to Creek’s coaches who recognized this and brought an extra defender back to make a traditional 4 fullback line (Beavercreek had been playing a 3-5-2 up to that point) and shuffled a few other players to man mark as well to shore up the defense. This seemed to settle things down for Creek on the defensive end. Each team traded some chances after that and eventually Beavercreek’s #5 continued his tourney magic and found the far post on a tough angle. Tip of the hat to the Creek reserve goalie who had to come into a tough situation with over 20 minutes left to play to keep the score sheet blank.

On the pk, whether that was a bad call will obviously depend on whose side you are on. From our Beavercreek angle, the defender clearly took out the forward’s legs in the box. At the very least, it was a legitimate 50/50 pk judgment call by the referee – a play that you sometimes see called and sometimes not called. If it hadn’t been called a pk, I’d be posting about the horrible non-call in the box.

Overall, Anderson really impressed me and the game could have gone either way. I can see how they deservedly made it this far in the tourney.

I thought the game was well played on both sides. Anderson was getting burnt all game long on the left side. Anderson has good skills up front but Creek defense played well enough to limit clean shots. Technical skills by many of the players kept the game very entertaining. Beavercreek has the talent to win it all. Refs weren't awful and didn't decide the outcome IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Longtime BHS fan. Agree with concreek above that having the outside mids drop to play 5 across the back helped BHS. The one BHS winger #10 is just as strong dropping on defense as he is crossing the ball into the box on offense as shown in BHS last goal. And fast - he just ran right around the AHS defenders. Not sure why they subbed when BHS was up 2-1. AHS was getting shut down on the outside until then AHS scored to tie it. It could have easily been a final score if 3-1 without that sub. From the few games I’ve seen, #8 is the most impressive for BHS. He controls the midfield while being a consummate threat to score, proving it with the goal today. #8 and #4 work together great and #9 is like a rock for the defense. #11 has a throw in that is almost better than any corner kick. The forwards do their job especially #5 who consistently converts what he is fed by the BHS midfield. BHS is overflowing with talent this year. They need to play their best game Wed and I can see them winning state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk