Anderson Soccer Back on Top

As a Summit Country Day alum/Dad, I've seen many great teams over the years, but never have I seen one as good as the Anderson team I saw last night. The Redskins beat the powerhouse St. Xavier 1-0 with a brilliant goal from Brevin Andreadis in the late second half. Michael Parks provided some great minutes at the CB position and helped shutout the Bombers. Even though the Skins' did lose to Elder 3-1, I think the win against X proves they can hang with anyone in the state. Also sophomore Ethan Hughes has proved he is built for the varsity level of competition and I expect a breakout year from the kid.

:unsure: I took in this match-- thought it was a good match to watch with lots of opportunities and then towards the end Anderson is able to convert on a mistake by the St X defense. Anderson certainly had its moments of controlling the possession, particularly in the first half but generally I thought both teams still have some work to do.. I am not so sure that this version of St X is the measuring stick it has been in the past and honestly Anderson is fortunate that it wasn't 2 or 3 on the board for St X. -- a brilliant save by the Anderson GK, late in the first and then many unconverted opportunities by X, deep in the Anderson end, in the 2nd -- hats off for the win but perhaps a bit early to declare anything at this point for either side...and neither team is close to the 500lb dragon... Moe....have seen Moe and St X twice so far...not even close IMO, time will tell.

Very, very entertaining game for sure.

As a Summit Country Day alum/Dad, I've seen many great teams over the years, but never have I seen one as good as the Anderson team I saw last night. The Redskins beat the powerhouse St. Xavier 1-0 with a brilliant goal from Brevin Andreadis in the late second half. Michael Parks provided some great minutes at the CB position and helped shutout the Bombers. Even though the Skins' did lose to Elder 3-1, I think the win against X proves they can hang with anyone in the state. Also sophomore Ethan Hughes has proved he is built for the varsity level of competition and I expect a breakout year from the kid.
Are you Ethan's Dad?

As an alum from 99 I have to ask which Andreadis is the dad of Brevin?

I enjoy your excitement, but no one believes you are a SCD parent and alum. Great win for Anderson.
I just recently moved into the Anderson area and heard the team had been pretty decent in the past years so I decided to check them out... I understand your levels of uncertainty. Looking forward to a fun year!
-CincySoccerFan86

St. X will never be a powerhouse with current staff. Moe puts its best players, regardless of class on Varsity. St. X doesn't.

I have seen both Anderson and Hamilton and both are pretty strong with solid play...I have not seen Moe or X so I cannot comment nt there

You have to give Anderson credit for a challenging schedule to start the season - next up is Beavercreek on Saturday.

The way D1 has been this year the tournament is wide open. Anderson, like Milford, Loveland, and Walnut have the horses to beat anyone. Should be a fun end of the season.

The way D1 has been this year the tournament is wide open. Anderson, like Milford, Loveland, and Walnut have the horses to beat anyone. Should be a fun end of the season.
Lot's of balance and some decent teams, but a down year overall for local teams on the state level. Player talent seems more spread out.