And this is whats wrong with youth sports........

As the parent of a volleyball player that sport can get very heated. Somewhat similar to diamond sports in that there are a couple band/bang judgement calls that can get the fans fired up, in particular ball handling errors.

im sure you never assaulted another parent after a match though. lol my kids also played volleyball and i was the most relaxed at those games than basketball or softball.

jtk
()

If you get a chance, read the article. It is worse than I expected. The injuries were significant and the person charged with the crime seemed to be totally unaware that what he did was a crime. In the article he stated:
Police say Gertz originally agreed to turn himself in, but asked what he was supposed to do when someone points their finger at him and tells him to "f--- off."
If true, amazing that people still think that words justify a physical confrontation.

im sure you never assaulted another parent after a match though. lol my kids also played volleyball and i was the most relaxed at those games than basketball or softball.

jtk
()

I guess you have never been to a match where a setter gets away with bad ball handling...

Sounds like this lovely couple has played the knockout game a time or two previously.

If you get a chance, read the article. It is worse than I expected. The injuries were significant and the person charged with the crime seemed to be totally unaware that what he did was a crime. In the article he stated:If true, amazing that people still think that words justify a physical confrontation.

If you get in a stranger's face and tell them to f**k off, you should probably prepare to get hit. It used to be understood that you shouldn't talk if you don't want to get hit. All part of the feminization of this country.

Last edited:
I guess you have never been to a match where a setter gets away with bad ball handling...

It's true I don't get out much. Does the bad ball handling usually result in opposing fans throwing down in the parking lot? :eek:

Sounds like all three parties take school sports a little too vicariously. Guessing the couple who were charged have played the knockout game a time or two. They seemed to have followed Jack Reacher's rule of getting in your retaliation first.

Guy is probably glad he is in jail if this statement is true: "
Amanda Phipps said she immediately called 911 for help and Gertz ran to his vehicle and left the scene.
Hatfield was placed under arrest and taken to the Warren County Jail.
So, he basically took off and left his GF/Wife behind to be arrested...

The Warren County Prosecutor was jus on wlw. They are being charged with felonius assault and with injuries sustained he said he will ask for some type of jail time if they are convicted. Thought Pboy was bad for being banned from Elder. These 2 are banned from a damn grade school. The lady involved in this case has to be scum of the earth. Kick and stomp a 60 yr old man after he was laying beaten and helpless on the ground. Total Scumbag!!

FREE PBOY!!! Keep these 2 Dirt bags locked up!!!

If you get in a stranger's face and tell them to f**k off, you should probably prepare to get hit. It used to be understood that you shouldn't talk if you don't want to get hit. All part of the feminization of this country.

1. The guy is 60 years old. I don't care what he said, guys in their 30's don't get points for beating up guys in their 60's. Where I'm from that's a straight B!*CH move and even closer to the real feminization of our country.

2. Even if the guy wasn't 60, whatever happened in that game and whatever he said, wasn't worthy of beating him half to death with some white trash piece of crap getting her kicks and stomps in while the guy is already down. There's kicking a guy's for running his mouth and then there's really trying to cause him serious and permanent damage.

Why did the stranger jump/punch the guy from behind then? Then run and leave his wife or girlfriend to be arrested! Anyone who attacks someone from behind and with the help of others is a total vagina!!!

Keep PBOY BANNED!!!

Where did the 60 year old part come from? The article said the person in the hospital was 43. The two people who put him there were 38.

Where did the 60 year old part come from? The article said the person in the hospital was 43. The two people who put him there were 38.

Fair enough, I didn't see it in the article and someone posted the guy was 60 thought they heard it somewhere else, my bad. I stand by the beating him half to death part though. Felonious assault is serious, I think if found guilty its a minimum of 2 years in prison.

The Warren County Prosecutor said 59 or so years old yesterday on wlw. Will go back and listen again when I can but I’m pretty positive I heard him correctly yesterday.

Keep PBOY BANNED!!!

Weird how many people in here are lying about how old the guy who got his kicked is.

Lying or misinformed? Just listened to Prosecutor Fornshell again from yesterday on WLW with Willie. He said the defendants are 34&38 and the victim is approximately 20 yrs older at about 59 years of age. This statement is made within the first 5 minutes of the interview. I’m going with what the guy Prosecuting the case is saying on the ages of theses folks. Definitely believe the Prosecutor of a County over the enquirer any day of the week!

Keep PBOY BANNED!!!

Was the guy that beat up a parent referee? I know CYO did that when my girls played. It’s kinda stressful especially if you know diddly about VB. Probably a few people wanted to beat me up.?

Not relevant, there are idiots everywhere.

if you knew my post history, you know the catholic dig was a joke. i defend public schools all the time. the holier than thou crap spewed on here ripping public schools was the point.

jtk
()

if you knew my post history, you know the catholic dig was a joke. i defend public schools all the time. the holier than thou crap spewed on here ripping public schools was the point.

jtk
()
Ok wasn’t aware of your history.?

Nice for a couple of 30 somethings to beat up a 60 year old.
These guys are going to get some prison time. My guess is the 60 year old has permanent injuries. I mean, I get that you may get tired of someone yelling a the refs, but what person actually not only follows the guy out, but then beats him to a pulp?? Gotta love youth sports, eh?