you are the best qualified in the room;

sometime when you feel your going
would leave an unfillabe hole,
just follow this simple instruction
And see how it humbles your soul.

take a bucket and fill it with water,
put your hand in it up to the wrist.
Pull it out and the hole that is remaining
Is the measure of how much you'll be missed.

You may splash all you please when you enter,
you can stir the water galore,
but stop and you'll find that in a minute
that it looks quite the same as before.

The moral of this quaint example
is to be the best that you can.
Be proud of yourself, but remember-----
THERE IS NO INDISPENSABLE MAN.

anonymous

Last edited:

I wonder

This sounds like a Rudy Sharkey poem that was in the locker room back in the early 80's.

someone who remembers... In fact I got that out of my old notebook of plays, etc... never saw it in the locker room but it may have been... I was supposed to trun in the playbook but after the Sr year I asked to keep it.. It is still useful... We used to call it Baga's Bible... and we did study it in depth... lots of good stuff still in there... I will share more sometime... I am sure there are others who kept the old playbook too..

Who remembers I pro right 27 Wham... etc.... or 52 kick A--!!!

someone who remembers... In fact I got that out of my old notebook of plays, etc... never saw it in the locker room but it may have been... I was supposed to trun in the playbook but after the Sr year I asked to keep it.. It is still useful... We used to call it Baga's Bible... and we did study it in depth... lots of good stuff still in there... I will share more sometime... I am sure there are others who kept the old playbook too..

Who remembers I pro right 27 Wham... etc.... or 52 kick A--!!!

Acually I think that would be a wrong call, that would have the 2 back running left to the 7 hole, which I think would be a sweep.
I was more a river, lake, sky, cloud guy!

you know you are partly correct.... It would have been 26 Wham.... The sweeps were 28 or 29 Wham... A cloud -sky-Lake River guy had to be a defensive back... of the "Dirty Dozen" type... the 52 KA was what we played up front... Great times those days...