Am I really not permitted to bring a seat cushion to the game this weekend?

Tom Benson rules state no seat cushion.

http://www.profootballhof.com/connect/tom-benson-hall-of-fame-stadium-entry-procedures/

Aren't the majority of seats plastic? Won't that be cold for our buckets and "require" a seat cushion?

Will fans who show up with a seat cushion not be allowed to carry them in?

Is it any seat cushion, or only the ones with backs that have the bars that attach to the bench? I've seen stadiums ban those because of the damage they cause to the stadium benches.

All I have seen posted is the NFL rules, which they clearly weren't following for regular HS games this year.

Does anyone know what the rules are for this weekend that they will be observing?

You know, Seat cushions are considered a dangerous weapon. You could pummel someone to death with one, well after about a million blows... Think of the liability they would have to worry about.

OH, and blankets are not on their "allowed" list either, so I'd be careful about that.

The OHSAA stressed when they met with the AD's from the schools, NFL rules apply at the stadium, which would mean no seat cushions. Our AD even sent out an email indicating seat cushions are not allowed. But, since I have read how nice the new stadium is, I would expect all the stadium seats to be cushioned and heated. Just no parking.

You know, Seat cushions are considered a dangerous weapon. You could pummel someone to death with one, well after about a million blows... Think of the liability they would have to worry about.

OH, and blankets are not on their "allowed" list either, so I'd be careful about that.

The OHSAA stressed when they met with the AD's from the schools, NFL rules apply at the stadium, which would mean no seat cushions. Our AD even sent out an email indicating seat cushions are not allowed. But, since I have read how nice the new stadium is, I would expect all the stadium seats to be cushioned and heated. Just no parking.
Seat cushions are on the NFL's list as they can be thrown onto the field. Stadium chairs are definitely not allowed as all seats have backs and arms.

Blankets are allowed at NFL stadiums so there should be no issue here.

Parking lots and garages are in process.

NFL rules....does that mean they will have instant replay that takes 5-6 minutes....and ultimately still ends up getting half the calls wrong due to no "conclusive" evidence? Better warn those kids about tackling WR's too hard and touching QB's....gonna be a lot of pentalties thrown out when the kids realize that they aren't allowed to hit anybody. Will they have to kneel for the anthem or will they just keep em in the locker rooms? :shrug:

No blankets or seat cushions? I suppose that means no campfires between games to warm up either....oh wait, there's no parking lot either. :stirthepot: C'mon OHSAA...it's December....if they are going to throw ridiculous rules like that at you take your games somewhere else.

Seat cushions are on the NFL's list as they can be thrown onto the field. Stadium chairs are definitely not allowed as all seats have backs and arms.

Blankets are allowed at NFL stadiums so there should be no issue here.

Parking lots and garages are in process.

Shoes, shirts, hats, bras, plastic beer bottles, etc can be "thrown on the field" so give me an actual logical reason not to allow seat cushions?

As someone who was born and raised here, I made the prediction when they tore down Fawcett Stadium and put up this new one that there would be folks in charge that would have some rules and regs that wouldn’t make any sense....here’s an example....smh.

The person I have been going to playoff games and state finals games for over fifteen years says, he is going to the Sat games this year to see if it is going to be as bad as he thinks it will be. From the way it sounds I will not be going, going alone or will have to find someone else that is not normal and really like good HS football.

Well, for all the elderly people who will unfortunately show up thinking they are going to a high school football game, "Crazy, I know", with their seat cushions, blankets, purses etc. I think the bus ride is free to go back to their vehicle to put these away is free, and they should be back to the stadium by the end of the first quarter.

This thread deserves to be open. Maybe the good folks who built this "state of the art" facility can consider some of the complaints/causes of concern.

Thought it was insane they didn't let people take in the cushions (other than the first game where it was overlooked). I understand in a pro game, but people aren't going to throw them in a HS game.

Thought it was insane they didn't let people take in the cushions (other than the first game where it was overlooked). I understand in a pro game, but people aren't going to throw them in a HS game.

My Brother-in-law and I took our seat cushions into the Division 4 game Saturday. We had them in our hands when we went through security. Maybe we just looked harmless?

My Brother-in-law and I took our seat cushions into the Division 4 game Saturday. We had them in our hands when we went through security. Maybe we just looked harmless?

Possibly, or you just got lucky. The main entrance by the HS had a mountain of cushions by the entrance and that is with a ton of people taking them back to their cars.

Why was the thread closed in the first place? It seemed like the conversation was pretty tame for a message board.

I left my seat cushion in the car and carried in a blanket, which I had in a bag. Friday the bag was checked, Saturday the bag was not checked.

Carried in my knife both days too.

And I found at least one way into the game which bypassed security and no ticket was needed either. That might be remedied by next year, but maybe not.

There I was trying to hold my cell phone, two sets of keys, and the change out of my pockets and watched the guy next to me get caught with a flask. Had to show it and they asked him if it held alcohol. He laughed and said "What do you think", the guard said do not get caught and let him go. See! not so bad after all.