Alter vs Trotwood

Based on comparative scores I'm going to take Alter 28-21 but really feel this game can go either way. This is a good Alter team but not great, I don't know much about TW this year but have a hunch its the same feeling as Alter, good but not great.

Flip a coin but if Twood plays like they did against Carroll this one could get ugly. I suspect that they will play better so I'm going with Alter 20-13

I have a lot of respect for Trotwood as they have owned this region. I'm a bit surprised that they haven't dominated their opponents this year in the way they usually do. I don't know if that's attributed to their late start or just a younger, not quite as good, team. I would've expected the Rams to win by larger margins against Ponitz, Belmont, and Thurgood Marshall. On the other hand, Alter started 0-2 against tough competition and then started blowing the barn doors off of teams. Alter seems like they're playing better football right now, but it's hard to get against Trotwood.

Last edited:
Flip a coin but if Twood plays like they did against Carroll this one could get ugly. I suspect that they will play better so I'm going with Alter 20-13
We held them to 7 points!!!!! I think if we hold Alter to 7 points we will be fine.

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY DIII CHAMPS

Should be a great game. From what I’ve seen it looks like Alter is playing very well. Didn’t Alter blow out Carroll 48-0?
TW is the champ until beaten. Like I said should be a great game.

Saw some of the Carroll games. Patriots are terrible and have been all year except against public tomato cans. Rams don't seem to be clicking just yet. They probably could have used another warm-up game against somebody terrible like New Richmond, Ross, Tipp, or St Mary's. Or fuque it, Bellbrook Paper Eagles.

Comparing scores says Alter but I have to go with Trotwood

A428BB47-E35B-48DA-8916-634FE5FDB697.gif

I have been waiting for this matchup since I moved to the Dayton area in '03! So excited to see the result, I think Alter should win by ~1.5 scores. Something like 30-20.

Well yeah, and if a chicken could pucker it's bill it could whistle ? Alter aint Carroll
Ok sooooooooo holding a team to just 7 points is a bad thing???? Alter beat Carroll by two more scores than Badin did, does that make Badin suspect??? 28 unanswered points explain how this is a bad thing??? Two years ago Alter slapped CJ, a week later CJ beat them in first round!!!! Old scores don’t matter A**wipe, you gotta show up Friday. I hope the Alter kids have this same attitude, “ we scored 48 on Carroll we must be better”. It was our 4th game, did you see the different things we were trying? Alter BETTER WIN, with all this jaw jacking you doing Zeeman, make sure I can find you on Friday!!

Ok sooooooooo holding a team to just 7 points is a bad thing???? Alter beat Carroll by two more scores than Badin did, does that make Badin suspect??? 28 unanswered points explain how this is a bad thing??? Two years ago Alter slapped CJ, a week later CJ beat them in first round!!!! Old scores don’t matter A**wipe, you gotta show up Friday. I hope the Alter kids have this same attitude, “ we scored 48 on Carroll we must be better”. It was our 4th game, did you see the different things we were trying? Alter BETTER WIN, with all this jaw jacking you doing Zeeman, make sure I can find you on Friday!!

You bring up comparative scores and then chastise me for it? What would do if you found me? ?

It was 3 years ago not 2. Regardless, if you think Alter kids are comparing their 48-0 win vs Twood's 28-7 score, then that's laughable because I promise you Alter's coaching staff has made it very clear that this is another good Trotwood team that keeps getting better each week. When Alter played Carroll, that was Trotwood's first game right?

Well since parents and admin are pretty much the only ones able or allowed into these games based on tickets...... Zeeman is a Badin guy too lol.

It's weird that Alter and Trotwood are just now playing...this seems like a game that should have happened long ago. Trotwood has started slowly in almost every game this year while the offense figures itself out, but defensively (especially on the D-Line) Trotwood is strong. If Alter doesn't have a dynamic gamebreaker on offense, I'll take the Rams.

It's weird that Alter and Trotwood are just now playing...this seems like a game that should have happened long ago. Trotwood has started slowly in almost every game this year while the offense figures itself out, but defensively (especially on the D-Line) Trotwood is strong. If Alter doesn't have a dynamic gamebreaker on offense, I'll take the Rams.
Alter has a dynamic gamebreaker on offense.

It was 3 years ago not 2. Regardless, if you think Alter kids are comparing their 48-0 win vs Twood's 28-7 score, then that's laughable because I promise you Alter's coaching staff has made it very clear that this is another good Trotwood team that keeps getting better each week. When Alter played Carroll, that was Trotwood's first game right?

Well since parents and admin are pretty much the only ones able or allowed into these games based on tickets...... Zeeman is a Badin guy too lol.
Nope, I switched to being an Alter fan when Badin started beating them. I loves the underdog ?

Alters D-line doesn't exactly give up a lot either. Also, pretty sure they have proven they can score points.