Alter vs DeSales DIII State Semi-Finals

Is Alter ready for the Stallions Rushing attack? I wonder if they have seen backs like the Stallions have this year?
Alter's interior run defense has been stout all year. I'm sure both of these teams take pride in their power-football roots, and would not let themselves get overpowered on the line of scrimmage. If DeSales is going to have a successful running game, I think it would have to be a variety of sweeps, off tackle, up middle type plays. Not just going to overpower that defense. However, Alter's O-line has been relying on overpowering the defense for the greater part of the season.

I expect Alter to play motivated today. It will be the first time in a long time Domsitz wont be on the sideline with them. I know that Alig and Meyer have them ready to go. I expect Alter to look at the pass more than usual this week. For sure DeSales knows its coming but that wishbone offense can knoll you to sleep and Shane can just throw absolute dimes. Should be a slobberknocker of a game

I expect Alter to play motivated today. It will be the first time in a long time Domsitz wont be on the sideline with them. I know that Alig and Meyer have them ready to go. I expect Alter to look at the pass more than usual this week. For sure DeSales knows its coming but that wishbone offense can knoll you to sleep and Shane can just throw absolute dimes. Should be a slobberknocker of a game
Score prediction?

Alter just cannot afford a slow start tonight, if they come out like they did last week, I don't see them winning handedly like they did last week.

Just a thought. Loving the confidence of Alter fans with the blowout predictions but Desales hasn't lost to a D3 team by more than a touchdown since they played Athens and the number 1 pick 5 years. They usually play bigger division schools. Anything can happen but might be closer then you think.

Just a thought. Loving the confidence of Alter fans with the blowout predictions but Desales hasn't lost to a D3 team by more than a touchdown since they played Athens and the number 1 pick 5 years. They usually play bigger division schools. Anything can happen but might be closer then you think.
The possibility for a blowout if definitely there for either team. Is it likely no, but these two teams are so good, that if one plays flat one defense, it will be over before you know it. But in all probability this one comes down to the wire. I hope Alter doesn't come out like they did against CM or it will be a very boring game to watch.

This will be a one score game either way. I'm assuming Desales has a stout defense so getting a few stops will be key. Alter typically struggles against the pass,they sit in Cover 0 and get smoked on occasion, so if Desales can mix in a pass here or there that would likely bold well for them. Ross ran the ball well against a tough Alter defense (but thats literally all they did). I picked Alter to win 17-10 so I'll stick with that but this seems like a game that can very easily go the other way. These dudes predicting blowouts are morons.

The possibility for a blowout if definitely there for either team. Is it likely no, but these two teams are so good, that if one plays flat one defense, it will be over before you know it. But in all probability this one comes down to the wire. I hope Alter doesn't come out like they did against CM or it will be a very boring game to watch.
Wont happen

This will be a one score game either way. I'm assuming Desales has a stout defense so getting a few stops will be key. Alter typically struggles against the pass,they sit in Cover 0 and get smoked on occasion, so if Desales can mix in a pass here or there that would likely bold well for them. Ross ran the ball well against a tough Alter defense (but thats literally all they did). I picked Alter to win 17-10 so I'll stick with that but this seems like a game that can very easily go the other way. These dudes predicting blowouts are morons.
This might be the first time I've agreed with you Hawg.

“72 Ghost Kids” sure seems like a pretty decent trade-off for DeSales if you consider how well they’ve sustained their enrollment these past 20 years and in the process all the athletic success they’ve enjoyed in same timeframe.
The 4 State Championships they Won in 2011 / 2012 were 90-95% White Catholic Boys / Girls from St.Paul in LaCrosse , 2x Baseball and Girls Soccer . Same with the recent Soccer Championships and Girls LaCrosse . The Boys Soccer were St. Paul , St James and St Mathais Kids the last few years.
And OHSAA has put them in D2 for FB , D1 for Track and did the same to the Girls Programs throughout those times.

The 4 State Championships they Won in 2011 / 2012 were 90-95% White Catholic Boys / Girls from St.Paul in LaCrosse , 2x Baseball and Girls Soccer . Same with the recent Soccer Championships and Girls LaCrosse . The Boys Soccer were St. Paul , St James and St Mathais Kids the last few years.
And OHSAA has put them in D2 for FB , D1 for Track and did the same to the Girls Programs throughout those times.
I’m not disputing DeSales’ athletics success or suggesting recruiting. I’ve known for a long time one of the coaches who won a ring that you’re referring to; great person, legendary coach and the personification of what every Catholic school would want in all of their coaches. In fact, DeSales has had plenty just like him that have won and they win in large part to their great coaches.

I don’t like competitive balance either, but DeSales’ CB numbers are a small cross to bear if you take into consideration just how healthy and successful the school has fared in the 21st century vis-a-vis multiple periods of national economic difficulty, overall downward trends in Catholic school enrollment across the diocese and nationwide, and the ascent of public schools (and their athletics) in the northern and eastern suburbs where many older DeSales alumni moved to.

Congrats to alter on a great season., but those predicting and Alter blowout were nuts. Alter was a very good team but weren’t even the best team we played all season.

Alter will continue to lose games like this until the coaches actually learn how to play their best ATHLETES on both side of the ball when needed. All of the teams that beat Alter play their best players both ways. Tonight is just another example.