All Ohio Schools Closing for 3 Weeks

Looks like they are closing school starting at after the end of school on Monday. This will allow them to prepare material for the kids to take home during the break.

Just public?

COLUMBUS - Ohio’s schools will close for at least three weeks, starting at the end of classes Monday, as state health officials work to limit the spread of coronavirus.
Gov. Mike DeWine announced Thursday that public and private, kindergarten through 12th-grade schools will close from Tuesday through April 3. It’s not yet clear how the closure will affect state testing. DeWine said the closures do not include preschools and child care centers.

It seems idiotic for my kids to have school tomorrow Fri 3/13 for one day then be out until 4/6. What’s the use? I’m assuming they want to go over the remote learning, but we can do that with them.

It seems idiotic for my kids to have school tomorrow Fri 3/13 for one day then be out until 4/6. What’s the use? I’m assuming they want to go over the remote learning, but we can do that with them.

Most of the schools around here are closed tomorrow.....

I fully expect the year is over for anything other than remote. Sadly, there will likely be an increase in cases nationwide during this time. This will create much hardship for working parents scrambling for childcare they cant afford. The feds are gonna have to step up some emergency help for workers and their families.

Always keep the faith!

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION

Buddy of mine who is a City police officer stated that the department is expecting more harm than good will come about due to the school closings.
Give kids 3 full weeks of nothing to do, no sports, no school, and parents working all day...............

They expect this to be more harmful than if they just kept on going to school.

Govt fear mongering...way to go folks, way to go and if you see the lines at some places because of this it is working, the GOVT is scaring folks.

Have a lot of family in the medical profession. FOREVER they have said that medical professionals extremely over exaggerate everything to cover their asses. If it takes 2 weeks to heal, they will tell you 4, etc.

We have all lost....

To be clear, the school buildings are PHYSICALLY closing, but the governor still urges all schools to find methods for teachers to continue teaching so students can continue learning.

Seems idiotic you sent them.

There are rewards... for attendance. And you know there's going to be "that" teacher giving work for credit that if missed...

Naw, this goes on the administration of the decision. For some districts, sudden canceling puts many working parents in a bind they cannot remedy. Many in the urban areas for sure rely on the schools for meals and even heat. With the grocery stores getting depleted, perhaps even more. On the other hand it would have been a better day to have the teachers prepare since the messages being sent home are that work is to be picked up and will count, at least that is what was delivered here.

Who knows? Probably not even the people sitting in on the decisions, understand their decisions. ?

There are rewards... for attendance. And you know there's going to be "that" teacher giving work for credit that if missed...

Naw, this goes on the administration of the decision. For some districts, sudden canceling puts many working parents in a bind they cannot remedy. Many in the urban areas for sure rely on the schools for meals and even heat. With the grocery stores getting depleted, perhaps even more. On the other hand it would have been a better day to have the teachers prepare since the messages being sent home are that work is to be picked up and will count, at least that is what was delivered here.

Who knows? Probably not even the people sitting in on the decisions, understand their decisions. ?
Lol, who gives a f? If you are really worried about your kid’s health, don’t send them. Pretty easy.

To be clear, the school buildings are PHYSICALLY closing, but the governor still urges all schools to find methods for teachers to continue teaching so students can continue learning.

And that’s why schools don’t close until Tuesday. Schools are using Monday to prep online learning and get the students ready.

For the schools who aren’t already closed Monday.

So we didn’t shutdown in 2009 with 61 million cases of swine flu in the USA. We shutdown the country for 2600 cases of Corona.